Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

poo poo I went on vacation for the duration of this whole reveal, I did have limited internet and if I'd been reminded it would have been a funny daily update.

Still funny but I'm a bit late to the show. Also very surprised at my standing. High fives to my similar answer bros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I'm annoyed that I was making a drat good showing for getting last place until I went and hosed it up.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
drat, did I really pick 'the moon' for that? Awesome. I don't remember doing that.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

DEATHMATCH update - there are three votes outstanding, but we will not need them at this point...I am pleased to announce that we have a clear winner!

TIEBREAK Question 1: In my opinion, this is the most important trait that a daily-driven car can have.

Reliability - 10
IOwnCalculus
triple clutcher
Ephphatha
Liquid Communism
Elmnt80
LloydDobler
Knobjockey
meatpimp
Freelop
CannonFodder

Fuel Economy - 2
sharkytm
Eaterofpoptarts

ACES:

It needs to make up for my manhood - Spicy Guacamole
Comfortable seats - Seat Safety Switch

Question 2: When I think of road vehicles designed for work, this brand comes to mind first and foremost.

Ford - 7
IOwnCalculus
triple clutcher
sharkytm
Eaterofpoptarts
Elmnt80
LloydDobler
Freelop

Chevrolet - 2
Spicy Guacamole
meatpimp

ACES:

Toyota - Ephphatha
Jeep - Liquid Communism
Caterpillar - Seat Safety Switch
Mercedes - Knobjockey
Freightliner - CannonFodder

And with that,

Scores after tiebreaker:

Elmnt80 - 17
Ephphatha - 11

All hail our champion, :siren:Elmnt80!:siren: Congratulations on your victory! Also, a big thank you to all of the respondents for the largest and closest Sheep Game yet! See you all soon for the next edition!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Holy poo poo do I apparently ever not know how to play this game. I had down both "Reliability" and "Ford" before changing them in order to seem more interesting.

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007
I was thinking "reliability" and "Chevy" for the tiebreaker but I didn't submit my answers in time.

I had a lot of fun this round and I'm surprised I did so well for my first time out-really looking forward to the next game. Thanks for putting this on, MrChips!

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
I find it hilarious the the majority of this car forum put reliability instead of fuel economy.

All my weird non-car people friends buy new or a couple years old and reliability isn't even on the radar.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Adiabatic posted:

I find it hilarious the the majority of this car forum put reliability instead of fuel economy.

All my weird non-car people friends buy new or a couple years old and reliability isn't even on the radar.

Probably because we'd all rather pay more in gas if needed for our daily drivers, but as we're all getting older we'd also rather they not strand us all the loving time :v:

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 251 days!)

IOwnCalculus posted:

Probably because we'd all rather pay more in gas if needed for our daily drivers, but as we're all getting older we'd also rather they not strand us all the loving time :v:

There is a difference between "rather not strand" and "intentionally buying a turd". I defer to the earlier.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Its probably a good thing I didn't go with my first choice of dodge for question 2. In any event, gently caress yeah, I win. I get to use Ephphatha's skull to drain old motor oil into now, right? :black101:

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Adiabatic posted:

Unreliable means I have to spend that much more of my time with it up on jackstands swearing and cursing.

Besides, the question said "more important in a daily driver" not "more important in your weekend/track day/fun car".

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

That's what I get for not thinking of the US hive mind with the second tiebreaker question, the F series of trucks pretty much don't exist down here but you guys probably don't see anywhere near as many landcruisers and hiluxes. Thanks again for the game MrChips, it was a blast.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Adiabatic posted:

As opposed to you non-car reptile friends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Ephphatha posted:

That's what I get for not thinking of the US hive mind with the second tiebreaker question, the F series of trucks pretty much don't exist down here but you guys probably don't see anywhere near as many landcruisers and hiluxes. Thanks again for the game MrChips, it was a blast.

The transit and f-series is what made me finally go with Ford on that question

• Locked thread