Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

mweber posted:

I hope we get Repo Man in Estevember.

A real podcast would promote Estevember with Emilio, and then only do Joe movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Gyges posted:

A real podcast would promote Estevember with Emilio, and then only do Joe movies.

Do they still have the 10 year rule? If not, Deck of Cards, here we come!

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Arson Daily posted:

Weird I thought it was Steve that was the lurking goon. Time to update Goons.xls

Comic books, cartoons, pants making GBS threads, and a penchant for self-humiliation. He's hiding in plain sight.

Gyges posted:

Rollergator commentary track when?

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

I've finally found WHM content I dont care for. Them x-men 97 is boring me to tears mostly because I can't care less about Marvel property #420 but also the boys seem to like it so it just isn't that funny. So I'm going through all the stalked by my doctor eps now that they're all caught up. Im in the middle of the first one now and its funny because they are very much not on board the Dr Beck train just yet.

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer

Arson Daily posted:

I've finally found WHM content I dont care for. Them x-men 97 is boring me to tears mostly because I can't care less about Marvel property #420 but also the boys seem to like it so it just isn't that funny. So I'm going through all the stalked by my doctor eps now that they're all caught up. Im in the middle of the first one now and its funny because they are very much not on board the Dr Beck train just yet.

I always laugh when they riff about the idea of this most recent movie and then find out live that it already exists

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Always nice to hear about Dr Beck and his increasingly ramshackle adventures. I would absolutely love to see him face off against Sephiroth.

Shame that Eric appeared to be calling in for the episode from his moon base, though

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
The Dr. Beck series is an art project cataloging Eric Roberts’s real life Joker-like personality shifts.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Sometimes randomly think of Eric Roberts in craft services encouraging the guy to throw some cinnamon on his cheeseburger and laugh

Lay it on me big daddy

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Steve’s father is awesome.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

mweber posted:

Steve’s father is awesome.

Did the Jamemaster's father teach him how to rig the VHS Trailer Game in favor of Chris Cabin? :v:

(Seriously though, Steve's father is indeed awesome.)

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Steve posted on Reddit looking for Patreon feedback.
https://www.reddit.com/r/WeHateMovies/comments/1c6dd6r/patreon_what_do_you_think/

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I think the lone comment I saw flipping past that seemed deranged was "you know, nobody is doing a good Oz rewatch podcast"

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Today is Eric Roberts’s birthday. Please wish him well.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

mweber posted:

There’s never a day I don’t wake up and hope Eric Roberts is doing great

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

mweber posted:

I would but he unfriended me

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Do not worry about Eric Roberts.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Inkspot posted:

You take this back right now

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Inkspot posted:

You son of a bitch.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

The Gillman posted:

I always laugh when they riff about the idea of this most recent movie and then find out live that it already exists

You just reminded me of one of my favorite reactions they've had- when Andrew and Eric discovered live what the original title of And Then There Were None was.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
The Arrival this week is an instant classic imo simply because of the Ron Silvers of many nations. Kills me every time they add another one. French-Canadian Ron Silver is there. "Can we get some pountine for the table?"

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Apr 23, 2024

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

claw game handjob posted:

I think the lone comment I saw flipping past that seemed deranged was "you know, nobody is doing a good Oz rewatch podcast"

Incorrect, people who disliked the Gleep Glossary soundboard are beyond deranged.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Good news, Eric is ignoring them in force again.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Andorra posted:

You just reminded me of one of my favorite reactions they've had- when Andrew and Eric discovered live what the original title of And Then There Were None was.

Do you remember what episode that was? I learned about that after reading the book and my e-reader skipped the postscript/confession. Very confused, I went to Wikipedia and found 1) my e-reader hosed up and 2) oh god DAMNIT Agatha

:woop:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Huh. I think that is what is going to make me drop the Patreon. It genuinely is so unpleasant that I'd rather lose the extra shows then have to put up with any potential for funny jokes drowned by a fuckin' C-grade late night comedian bit.

Edit: I should note I already didn't really care about the Melrose 19021 stuff or 'we're watching modern shows' stuff so it isn't a "THEY RUINED ONE THING" thing, it just kinda made me realize there isn't enough to stay subbed for me.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Apr 26, 2024

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

ImpAtom posted:

Huh. I think that is what is going to make me drop the Patreon. It genuinely is so unpleasant that I'd rather lose the extra shows then have to put up with any potential for funny jokes drowned by a fuckin' C-grade late night comedian bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ejH_BihwFQ

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It was fun for a while but when it started pandering to an invisible crowd it was a little much. So basically as long as it was to dunk on Cabin it was fine.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Invalid Validation posted:

It was fun for a while but when it started pandering to an invisible crowd it was a little much. So basically as long as it was to dunk on Cabin it was fine.

To be fair this is true of most things in WHM. (Cabin is my favorite which is why him getting dunked on is the most funny.)

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I am the invisible crowd.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I don’t understand anyone who doesn’t care about Melr0210, I wish they did it every week

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm sure it's funny even if you're not an avid viewer of 90210 but it's just so far out of my periphery I don't really care to hear them go through every episode of the show.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Soup du Jour posted:

I don’t understand anyone who doesn’t care about Melr0210, I wish they did it every week

I've never watched either show and it's one of those situations where they talk about it as if the audience was watching along with them so it ends up kind of mush to me. This happens sometimes with the movie ones too but usually they feel like they have more structure. I'm not saying they are bad, just I get nothing from them.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm glad they shouted out Reversal of Fortune which is both very good but also a genuinely weird movie both by its construction and the retrospective reverence of Alan Dershowitz

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

ImpAtom posted:

I've never watched either show and it's one of those situations where they talk about it as if the audience was watching along with them so it ends up kind of mush to me. This happens sometimes with the movie ones too but usually they feel like they have more structure. I'm not saying they are bad, just I get nothing from them.

Yeah, it's alright, but far from my favorite show they do, and I think it's because I barely watched any 90210, and I've never watched any Melrose Place, so I have no reference to what they're saying. It's funny, but I can't listen quite as casually, if that makes sense. I have to pay more attention or I have no idea what they're even talking about. As where with The Nexus, I know who everyone is, and I've seen most episodes they're talking about, even if it's been over a decade, so I can listen while doing something else and have no problem following along.

Some main feed episodes where I haven't seen the movie I can follow along just fine (for example, I really need to watch Terminal Velocity, that episode was great). But others, I just kinda get lost as they're referencing what's happening in the movie, and I haven't seen it. Which is fine, that's how it goes. But Melr0210 is one I can take or leave for the same reason.

I'm glad other people love it, though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, it's alright, but far from my favorite show they do, and I think it's because I barely watched any 90210, and I've never watched any Melrose Place, so I have no reference to what they're saying. It's funny, but I can't listen quite as casually, if that makes sense. I have to pay more attention or I have no idea what they're even talking about. As where with The Nexus, I know who everyone is, and I've seen most episodes they're talking about, even if it's been over a decade, so I can listen while doing something else and have no problem following along.

Some main feed episodes where I haven't seen the movie I can follow along just fine (for example, I really need to watch Terminal Velocity, that episode was great). But others, I just kinda get lost as they're referencing what's happening in the movie, and I haven't seen it. Which is fine, that's how it goes. But Melr0210 is one I can take or leave for the same reason.

I find for main feed stuff they tend to be the worst about slower stuff, especially WLM stuff, where they get super enthusiastic and jump from scene to scene, which is genuinely something I enjoy if I'm familiar with the film, but I was listening to some older stuff and they were better then about trying to provide a bit of context to things.

Still funny as poo poo more often than not, mind you.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

i actually started watching melrose place because it all sounded too insane to be real and now I kinda unironically like it. The boys are able to zero in on a character and find the one or two things that are terrible and then make fun of it in a hilarious way.

edit: Yo quiero a fuckton of hookers lolololol

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

thrawn527 posted:

:same: I have a much easier time with "Once Upon a Lifetime" episodes, and I'm not sure why. Probably just because their Eric Roberts impressions make me laugh uproariously.

mweber posted:

The Dr. Beck series is an art project cataloging Eric Roberts’s real life Joker-like personality shifts.

Eric Roberts voice: Awwwww nah! I'm the Joker, baby!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I feel like that, in total, these guys easily deliver $5/month worth of entertainment for me. I just wish that the paid tier shows would get rid of the ads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

BiggerBoat posted:

I feel like that, in total, these guys easily deliver $5/month worth of entertainment for me. I just wish that the paid tier shows would get rid of the ads.

The $8 tier does. It's all ad-free.

edit: Too funny not to share.

https://twitter.com/whmpodcast/status/1783994233919303940?s=46&t=wNf75G2WiIjbMjBMYW-m7Q

https://twitter.com/whmpodcast/status/1783994781108150415?s=46&t=wNf75G2WiIjbMjBMYW-m7Q

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Apr 27, 2024