Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
all life is suffering, ending life is the kindest thing you can do.

get pets just to kill them. this is my tao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I can't believe you could be okay with murderering a perfectly good animal.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

What if it had cancer and was edible

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

i can't believe you wouldn't be, it's pretty much the best. they get to do a load of drugs and then sleep forever.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

the yeti posted:

What if it had cancer and was edible

That doesn't make it okay. Cancer is treatable and I haven't had meat in several years. You don't need meat to live. You can get along perfectly fine without it.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

"perfectly fine"

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

Hunting is basically free-range euthanasia. I hunt and I shot a moose this fall and it is delicious. I would not be "perfectly fine" without red meat in my diet.

Hunting is obv a different issue than euthanasia. But still.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

:ohdear: I just looked at my pet island gangtag more carefully. I don't know how to feel about this.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

http://www.exitinternational.net/ this site is mostly aboout human euthanasaia but many of their arguments applyu to allother life forms, especailly pugs

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

too soon :( rip ozzie

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

wrong, there are no good animals

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
I wish they would go back to euthing all the seized fighting dogs instead of giving them to fat idiot women who put tshirts on them and have books written about their struggle

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I love how it's only legal to euthanize creatures that can't give consent.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

yeah, it makes me feel real good to ahve the power of life and death over an inferior.

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

Pile of Kittens posted:

too soon :( rip ozzie

Yesterday :(:hf::(

Miss you, Sasha.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

I love how it's only legal to euthanize creatures that can't give consent.

Consent or not it's still not okay.

Official Bizness
Dec 4, 2007

wark wark wark

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

:ohdear: I just looked at my pet island gangtag more carefully. I don't know how to feel about this.

:tipshat:

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
kill fuckin everything imo

light_urple
Sep 26, 2002

Meow!

Triangulum posted:

kill fuckin everything imo

That's how these guys roll :cool:
http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

throwAway712
Dec 2, 2014

thatbastardken posted:

i can't believe you wouldn't be, it's pretty much the best. they get to do a load of drugs and then sleep forever.

personally, once i catch something terminal, this is the way i want to go. i'm jealous of my dog that is default option is to die with dignity.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Superconsndar posted:

I wish they would go back to euthing all the seized fighting dogs instead of giving them to fat idiot women who put tshirts on them and have books written about their struggle

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

check and mate, i think.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/12/world/europe/dogs-in-heaven-pope-leaves-pearly-gate-open-.html?_r=0

get a good dog and euth the poo poo out of it, straight to heaven.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Teddray
Apr 24, 2005

My only weaknesses are meteorites and eating utensils.
Only if you eat them afterwards

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Euthing pets is about the only thing the world as a whole is doing to slow down global warming.

froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth

thatbastardken posted:

that's how i want to go

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

dis my face right now posting about euthanisa is triggering

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
thatbastardken is a loving great username for this thread title.

Ken you are a bastard!

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

native americans believe that to truly honor an animal you need to use all its parts so none of it goes to waste

i agree with them personally, and i look forward to devouring my pets when they die and makin a cozy hat out of the fur

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

that's a really good idea actually. my cats would make a soft as gently caress hat

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
My rabbit's nickname is 'One Mitten'. Because that's about all we'll be able to get out of her to try and recoup the costs of her vet bills.

landy.
Jan 20, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

That doesn't make it okay. Cancer is treatable and I haven't had meat in several years. You don't need meat to live. You can get along perfectly fine without it.

next time one of my rats gets terminal cancer i will go to you, so that you can find me the vet that will not tell me to euthanize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerwign
Dec 7, 2012

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I am surprised to hear you say this. My dear friend (human) had cancer and she died about three months after the diagnosis.

To find out suddenly, just now, that it was actually treatable, makes me wonder why she died.... can you tell me???

:(

PS she was not very tasty, though technically edible.

• Locked thread