Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Someone cliff notes this poo poo I didn't watch it cuz gently caress Doritos pope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Someone cliff notes this poo poo I didn't watch it cuz gently caress Doritos pope.

- Awards were sometimes given out.
- None of them went to Bayonetta 2.
- You should stop being a scared baby about people.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
The show was really just very meh. There were some good segments like the founders of Sierra being a genuinely adorable couple still and the Shovel Knight guys being super earnest about winning an award. Then there's the usual garbage that went on and probably the most annoying of all was the sound engineer was sleeping on the job because audio levels were all over the loving place. I just wish we could have had Joel McHale back this year to be an rear end in a top hat to everybody and poo poo all over this entire show, that would have been entertaining.

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
i know its not anywhere near ready but zelda looked crazy janky. the horse movements looked worse than oot.

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
no mans sky still looked really cool to me, like a giant endless world of galaxy force 2.

*its even got similar texture pop in lol

afeelgoodpoop fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Dec 6, 2014

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Grey Fox V2 posted:

Yet they have a category for "Trending Gamer" and give it to a white British guy who thinks racism isn't real. This was a baffling show on so many levels.
Well, he does win it in the Twitter sense of being a hot topic, not necessarily a good one. Jeff is a better person but because of that didn't generate anywhere near as much buzz. Also I think it was a user vote and users are dumb.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
They both have terrible opinion on games. Jeff is a cooler person and seemingly a more pleasant person to be around.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Gerstmann is probably too much of a normal down to earth dude compared to Youtube Celebrities, this is a guy who livestreams driving to E3 talking about highway signs he sees

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Ularg posted:

- Awards were sometimes given out.
- You should stop being a scared baby about people.

- DA:I is considered a GOTY

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
DAI is pretty great.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Quest For Glory II posted:

Gerstmann is probably too much of a normal down to earth dude compared to Youtube Celebrities, this is a guy who livestreams driving to E3 talking about highway signs he sees

He can't top the guy who talks about how he is getting 59.5fps and not 60 and how that's unacceptable in this industry.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Ularg posted:

He can't top the guy who talks about how he is getting 59.5fps and not 60 and how that's unacceptable in this industry.

The 60fps thing I at least get but I've seen him bitch about games capping at 120 fps because he has a 144hz monitor or whatever. That takes the whole ~Master Race~ bullshit to a new level.

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Some bouncer's about to be fired

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Not the bouncer's fault that dumb video game nerds don't know how to dress themselves

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Do they think game devs are made out of money? I bet you the only ones in that party were the EA and Sony guys.

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

The award event video games deserve

https://twitter.com/lkesten/status/541091259159691264
http://thegameawards.com/jury-and-advisors/

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Tracula posted:

The 60fps thing I at least get but I've seen him bitch about games capping at 120 fps because he has a 144hz monitor or whatever. That takes the whole ~Master Race~ bullshit to a new level.
It's PC "master racers", literally they'll bitch about everything if they can't get what they want. Cry when games don't use SLI, not Xbox 360 controller compatible, whine about console priority development when they max out a game and it's not taxing their system, claim the game is unoptimized if their midrange GTX 750 can't run it at 60fps on ultra, and on and on.

Also is it true that Total Biscuit can't build a PC? My cousin built his first one last Christmas and he was only 11 back then.

Nerd rage is the best rage :fap:

Acquilae fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Dec 6, 2014

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Acquilae posted:

It's PC "master racers", literally they'll bitch about everything if they can't get what they want. Cry when games don't use SLI, not Xbox 360 controller compatible, whine about console priority development when they max out a game and it's not taxing their system, claim the game is unoptimized if their midrange GTX 750 can't run it at 60fps on ultra, and on and on.

Also is it true that Total Biscuit can't build a PC? My cousin built his first one last Christmas and he was only 11 back then.

It was from one of his podcasts that I said "gently caress it" and watched because Nick Robinson was in it and he's p cool. Straight up said that he got his wife to build it cause he's awful/barely knows how.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2_gzbG-nLQ

I really don't want to go and find the exact quote again.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Ularg posted:

Lame

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ularg posted:

Booooring.

If they were developer of the year they would have sold more Wii Us. :colbert:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
How did everyone enjoy the Game Awards?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

DAI is pretty great.

But not really GOTY material, as much as I like the game and the devs, it has one few too many issues.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

DAI is pretty great.

Yeah it's pretty great.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

wow, Person Doesn't Like Video Game? what is this world coming to. smdh.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

BBJoey posted:

wow, Person Doesn't Like Video Game? what is this world coming to. smdh.

yeah bad overly emotional opinons are loving good. i'm a thin skinned easily offended moron with one thousand posts in minorty in games as well.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

NutritiousSnack posted:

i'm a thin skinned easily offended moron

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Augmented Balls of Titanium!
So in retrospect was this show worth repeating?
I wish I didn't click that because the replies to his related tweets are filled with idiots calling him out for "social justice" bias or some poo poo. Christ.

• Locked thread