Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

:frogsiren: Closing this since someone else made one around the same time. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3686106&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post438571627 :frogsiren:

Gameplay:

Driveclub differs from Evolution Studios previous racing franchise, MotorStorm, in that it focuses on road racing rather than off-road racing. As the name Driveclub suggests, players are able to make clubs of up to 6 players and complete challenges together to earn fame. Every team member's action contributes to the club's overall success. The game's tracks and environments are inspired by real places in diverse regions across the globe. Driveclub also features dynamic weather such as rain and snow, and a day-night cycle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF9W6rQ0c8g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJzdtILCu0M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFy0Y3K1K1c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dObkDk922Z8

Vehicles list posted:

Hot-Hatches
Audi A1 quattro
Mini John Cooper Works GP
Renault Clio RS
Volkswagen Golf GTI
Volkswagen Beetle GSR

Sports
Audi RS5
Audi TT RS Plus
Bentley Continental GT V8
BMW M135i
BMW M235i
Lotus Evora Sports Racer
Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG
Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG

Performance
Alfa Romeo 4C
Aston Martin Vanquish
Aston Martin V12 Zagato
Audi RS6 Avant
Bentley Continental GT Speed
BMW M3 GTS
BMW M5
Ferrari California
Ferrari FF
Lotus Exige S
Maserati Gran Turismo MC Stradale
Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Coupe Black Series
Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG 45th Anniversary Edition
RUF RGT 8
Spyker C8 Aileron

Super
Aston Martin V12 Vantage S
Aston Martin One 77
Ariel Atom 500 V8
Audi R8 V10 Plus
BAC Mono
Ferrari 458 Italia
Ferrari F12berlinetta
Ferrari 599 GTO
Ferrari 430 Scuderia
Marussia B2
McLaren 12C
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Coupe Black Series
RUF RT12 R
Savage Rivale GTR-S
Spania GTA GTA Spano

Hyper
Gumpert Apollo Enraged
Hennesey Venom GT
Koenigsegg Agera R
McLaren P1
Pagani Huayra
Pagani Zonda R
RUF CTR3 Clubsport

Old thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3671028

brand engager fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Dec 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
kewl

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

How's the single player? I hear a lot of complaints over multiplayer and how servers blah blah blah I don't care about that poo poo. How do the cars feel when you drive them?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Great Joe posted:

How's the single player? I hear a lot of complaints over multiplayer and how servers blah blah blah I don't care about that poo poo. How do the cars feel when you drive them?

Honestly I just started playing again a few days ago. You can check on PSN to see if the demo version is still available so you can get a feel for the driving.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Great Joe posted:

The single player is broken up into two big components: Tour and events. The tour mode progression is about besting challenges like "XX:XX lap time", a drift score, or placing in individual events/multi-race events. These earn you stars, which are used to unlock further events. This is the weakest part of Driveclub as it's grindy and you'll have to race events solely to earn more stars. Some of the events aren't for me like the drifting ones. Weather, time of day, and car class is all predetermined by Evolution.

The events mode or whatever is called is broken down into race, time trial, and drift mode. These are all about you choosing a track, time of day, time acceleration, weather, crowd size, etc. The AI difficulty is your choice so is number of opponents and lap count. I like this much better than Tour as the game offers so much variety in terms of how you'd like to play it.

Unlocking cars is also weak as it's based on an XP leveling system. Cars past level 25 or so take some work to unlock, but there are ways to game the XP system by looking and which accolade (more specific leveling tied to manufacturer, miles driven, tracks, etc) is close to being topped out. I've earned the majority of my points by driving one brand of cars more than others to max out mileage accolades.

The handling/physics model is accessible and sim-like. The cars behave within the realm of realism, but there's enough slop to allow you to let loose. The best way I can phrase it is how Top Gear UK drives in their car segments: heightened sense of realism bound to fun rather than all-out realism. Weather does affect handling and track visibility as well

You can take corners properly and be rewarded for that. You can also powerslide the gently caress out of a Ferrari 458 with ease.

Here's a few screenshots of the game that I took yesterday after the weather update dropped.

bloops fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Dec 9, 2014

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

Is the online fixed now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

The single player is broken up into two big components: Tour and events. The tour mode progression is about besting challenges like "XX:XX lap time", a drift score, or placing in individual events/multi-race events. These earn you stars, which are used to unlock further events. This is the weakest part of Driveclub as it's grindy and you'll have to race events solely to earn more stars. Some of the events aren't for me like the drifting ones. Weather, time of day, and car class is all predetermined by Evolution.

The events mode or whatever is called is broken down into race, time trial, and drift mode. These are all about you choosing a track, time of day, time acceleration, weather, crowd size, etc. The AI difficulty is your choice so is number of opponents and lap count. I like this much better than Tour as the game offers so much variety in terms of how you'd like to play it.

Unlocking cars is also weak as it's based on an XP leveling system. Cars past level 25 or so take some work to unlock, but there are ways to game the XP system by looking and which accolade (more specific leveling tied to manufacturer, miles driven, tracks, etc) is close to being topped out. I've earned the majority of my points by driving one brand of cars more than others to max out mileage accolades.

The handling/physics model is accessible and sim-like. The cars behave within the realm of realism, but there's enough slop to allow you to let loose. The best way I can phrase it is how Top Gear UK drives in their car segments: heightened sense of realism bound to fun rather than all-out realism. Weather does affect handling and track visibility as well

You can take corners properly and be rewarded for that. You can also powerslide the gently caress out of a Ferrari 458 with ease.
That...honestly doesn't sound all that good, or all that bad. Not good enough for me to drop 20 on it, anyway. Still, thanks for doing this nice write-up for me. :)

• Locked thread