Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I wonder if Bethesda will ever loving announce Fallout 4/TES VI. Like, I know it has a good chance of being more simple than even Skyrim was, but I really want Bethesda to make something grand because I feel like they have this great potential.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

SunAndSpring posted:

I wonder if Bethesda will ever loving announce Fallout 4/TES VI. Like, I know it has a good chance of being more simple than even Skyrim was, but I really want Bethesda to make something grand because I feel like they have this great potential.

I'm getting tired of "grand" games. Seems like everything is a huge massive open world sandbox nowadays. What happened to intricate, tight level design? Oh well, at least Nintendo (new Zelda aside but I'm going to wait to play it myself before judging) still knows how to make some decent loving video games.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

The thing is I don't really trust Bethesda to make a focused game. I think their style of just put a bunch of decent content everywhere works with an open world game, and if they tried to apply it to a more linear game it probably wouldn't work. I'm sure they could succeed eventually, but it would be a big departure from their normal style.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I do agree that not everything needs to be open world, though. I personally thought Arkham Asylum was the best of the newer Batman games because it was more focused in it's scope. City and Origins are both good, but they're spread too thin in my opinion.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Benny D posted:

kept you waiting, huh

5'd, I can hear this in my head.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
bethesda owns the guys that made the new wolfenstein which wasnt open world

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

koolkal posted:

bethesda owns the guys that made the new wolfenstein which wasnt open world

That's a good point. I was mainly considering only Bethesda themselves. That game was pretty okay, though.

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!

Silver Striker posted:

I do agree that not everything needs to be open world, though. I personally thought Arkham Asylum was the best of the newer Batman games because it was more focused in it's scope. City and Origins are both good, but they're spread too thin in my opinion.

I feel the same way.Asylum was like Die Hard, City/Origins was like Die Hard with a Vengeance.Was hoping they'd scale back the games, but they're going even bigger.

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man

Mazed posted:

It's a good time to be a gamer but the worst time ever to be part of :airquote:gamer culture:airquote:

pretty much this, I miss being able to go to any random dumb game site like GameSpot or RPS and read about some cool games without being bombarded with articles about how games are oppressing women or whatever the bullshit du jour is

on the other hand, we got like 5+ badass games just in the last two months alone, maybe Hotline Miami 2 before the year is over, and next year we're getting Pillars of Eternity, The Witcher 3, and MGS5 so life owns I guess

gamer life that is :smugteddie:

E: http://www.change.org/p/target-withdraw-grand-theft-auto-5-this-sickening-game-encourages-players-to-commit-sexual-violence-and-kill-women http://www.cnbc.com/id/102240268 lmao

Salacious Spy fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Dec 7, 2014

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

DoctorStrangelove posted:

That's a weird way to spell "The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 – Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie – Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa"

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Blackheart posted:

TREAD CAREFULLY

Gotta show some tough love

In a hundred years, schools will tell kids to go home and play, like, Chrono Trigger for a homework assignment, which is something we have always dreamed and you know it.

but not if we keep threatening bombs at critics, acting like getting laid on Sonic bedsheets is news, and eating only Dew & Doritos.

That last one is especially hard, but believe in yourself. Imagine Xbox ads sponsored by Chateau Lafite wines instead. Imagine the president quoting Metal Gear during policy speeches. It can happen, gamers.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mazed posted:

In a hundred years, schools will tell kids to go home and play, like, Chrono Trigger for a homework assignment, which is something we have always dreamed and you know it.

but not if we keep threatening bombs at critics, acting like getting laid on Sonic bedsheets is news, and eating only Dew & Doritos.

That last one is especially hard, but believe in yourself. Imagine Xbox ads sponsored by Chateau Lafite wines instead. Imagine the president quoting Metal Gear during policy speeches. It can happen, gamers.
Can't wait to read college essays with titles like "Yonic the Hedgehog: Lavos and the Destructive Feminine."

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Mazed posted:

It can happen, but not with Anti-Gamers like you around.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

Can't wait to read college essays with titles like "Yonic the Hedgehog: Lavos and the Destructive Feminine."

What Can Change the Nature of a Man?: A Analysis of Planescape and Kierkegaard

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Mazed posted:

jfc take this poo poo to Games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Mach2 posted:

jfc take this poo poo to Games

show me on the doll where yoda touched you

• Locked thread