Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snow Job
May 24, 2006

Without anything else in it, water doesn't have a flavor. What you detect in that case is touch, not taste. Those extra minerals and/or chemicals are where any flavor comes from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delita
Jan 6, 2005
Why does Fiji water taste the best?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

why did judas rat to the romans while jesus slept?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Delita posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvaW84vNc2E

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

Keep your 'lectric eye on me, babe
Why does the milkman shudder when he perceives the dawn?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Earwicker posted:

why did judas rat to the romans while jesus slept?

Judy got hosed over on his cut by pauly, johnny, and the others with that bootlegging business Jesus had. The feds made him a better offer

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

axolotl farmer posted:

I have tasted RNAase free, ultra clean water that you buy for sensitive molecular biology stuff.

It had a very flat taste, like tap water that's been in a glass over night.

Get the nanopure water just after is has been made or, failing that, the DD H2O straight from the spigot. Shake it up, make sure it can dissolve some of that good ol' CO2. It's like nothing at all in your mouth. It tastes the way PBS feels when you fill goggles with it and wear them over your eyes.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Delita posted:

You spent four dollars on a bottle of water so of course it tastes the best, it can't just be a fiction can it.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Fiji water has the higher concentration of fecal coliforms of any of the major bottled waters. So, I can only conclude that the poop is what you like about it. Try some fresh poop and compare. Think of it as "long chocolate".

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I read somewhere as well that the Fiji Water factory doesn't have regular electricity, so they use diesel spewing generators 24/7.

They care about the environment. Just not the environment in Fiji.

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

Sheep-Goats posted:

You spent four dollars on a bottle of water so of course it tastes the best, it can't just be a fiction can it.

Fiji brand bottled water actually costs like 10 cents in Fiji so the joke is on us.

Kritzkrieg Kop
Nov 4, 2009

Shbobdb posted:

Fiji water has the higher concentration of fecal coliforms of any of the major bottled waters. So, I can only conclude that the poop is what you like about it. Try some fresh poop and compare. Think of it as "long chocolate".

I read in a book where an aid worker went to Africa to set up a proper drinking water system for a small village. But in the end the village preferred the untreated water with sewage in it because it "tasted sweeter".

This was in like the first chapter which was all I read but I forgot the name of the book.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

It tastes like Coke without all the good stuff

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Sheep-Goats posted:

Sheep-Goats! Whatever happened to you?

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

tastes like air

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

axolotl farmer posted:

I have tasted RNAase free, ultra clean water that you buy for sensitive molecular biology stuff.

It had a very flat taste, like tap water that's been in a glass over night.

Oh cool, I'm not the only weirdo who took an aliquot and tried some.

• Locked thread