Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
EDIT - Can a mod change the post icon to "Vintage?" Because I'm a dumbass.

I posted this in the "Pimp Your Podcast Megathread" about a month ago, but the podcast seems to be doing quite well so thought I’d start it’s own thread and see what you goons think

This is Fireside Mystery Theatre!

Home Page | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Podcast Links

iTunes | Stitcher | SoundCloud | RSS

Genre: Radio Show / Performing Arts
Release Schedule: Monthly, usually in the second week of the month

FMT is a live horror-themed show done in the style of old-fashioned radio plays. We perform three different stories each episode with actors on a stage in front of an audience with a live, improvised musical score and live sound effects cues, as well as musical performances to accompany the stories. Anything you hear on the podcast is done LIVE, nothing is added in post-production. And yes, it can be a bitch sometimes.

The show is a labor of love that the original two producers started a few years ago. I came on board about a year ago to help them start up a podcast and increase their web presence. We have a bit of a similar feeling to Night Vale but this doesn't have recurring characters or locations (yet…).

We just posted our fourth episode and we’re really excited with how the show is turning out. There are some recording issues we’re still figuring out but overall the quality is much higher than it should be, honestly. We’re on iTunes New and Noteworthy right now and have been for a little while, but it looks like we already have around 1,000 subscribers so we’re really happy with the growth the show has had so far.

We've had a little press thus far. Here's a short article about the show in the NY Daily News. The format is still the same but the venue has changed since then. Also, we were just mentioned in a an article on untapped cities.

Anyway, I really hope you all will listen to it and let me know what you think. Any and all criticism is welcome!

Rick Sanchez fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Dec 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
A quick post for a bump, but if no one is interested in the show it's all good.

Thanks goons!

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
If it makes you feel any better, I saw this thread, checked it out, and am loving it. The production values are great and I'm really digging the music, is it played live? Also is there a video version of the show/what is occurring onstage during the show?

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
That does make me feel better! I'd abandoned hope for this thread.

The music is indeed performed live, and the music bed under all of the stories is live AND improvised by a fantastic musician that we're extremely lucky to have on board. Everything in the show is live and none of it is added in post production, with the exception of the outro on the end of the newer episodes.

There's no video of the performances unfortunately. We're still perfecting just recording the audio, never mind recording video as well. We have a Vine account with a few short videos but otherwise we like to keep the show to an audio medium for those who can't come see it live.

Thanks for the compliments! A new episode will be posted very soon. I'll post here when it's available.

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
New episode is up!

Episode 5 - Holiday Haunts
iTunes | Stitcher | SoundCloud

We're making a list and checking it twice--so you'd better be there or we'll hang you like a stocking. FMT brings you holiday creeps and yuletide freaks in our 2014 holiday special! Recorded live at The Slipper Room on December 21st, 2014

I think this is a pretty strong episode overall, though I'm sad to say it's the first in the podcast I wasn't present for. Holiday traveling, it's a bitch! It has what is probably my absolute favorite musical number we've ever done in it, which starts right around 1:13:00. It's absolutely astounding that it sounds as good as it does, and they ladies that sing it are fantastic. I can't believe the talent we've been graced with sometimes.

This is also our shortest show yet, which I think is a good thing. I think some of our past shows have a little too much air in the middle of them, and this one keeps a pretty brisk pace I hope you all enjoy.

Rick Sanchez fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jan 12, 2015

• Locked thread