Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
These are so loving cool i saw one on Steam that was called "I Zombies" and there was an epic zombie on it. "Day Z" is another great zombie game so is "Left 4 Dead 2" and "Rust" used to be but they turned them into mutated animals. Anyways, talk about how epic Zombies are in here, and The Walking Dead telltale game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The Walking Dead Tell Tale Game Hit Me Straight in the Feels. Love the story elements of that game, and Clim is a very good character. And the old black guy when he dies, good lord I was on the verge of tears. Have a good one OP.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Wormskull posted:

The Walking Dead Tell Tale Game Hit Me Straight in the Feels. Love the story elements of that game, and Clim is a very good character. And the old black guy when he dies, good lord I was on the verge of tears. Have a good one OP.

The mosty striking element of that game to me was when you played it multiple times to change how events unfolded.

then you find out the same exact poo poo happens its just someone else playing the various roles in the conversations

its like a big metaphor for how little control over life we all truly have.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SeXReX posted:

The mosty striking element of that game to me was when you played it multiple times to change how events unfolded.

then you find out the same exact poo poo happens its just someone else playing the various roles in the conversations

its like a big metaphor for how little control over life we all truly have.
In Stalker, Call of Pripyat, which is also a zombie game, your choices change things quite significantly. Give it a go if you absolutely need some kind of feedback instead of just enjoying a great story.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Wormskull posted:

In Stalker, Call of Pripyat, which is also a zombie game, your choices change things quite significantly. Give it a go if you absolutely need some kind of feedback instead of just enjoying a great story.

Don't get me wrong, I had a good time with The Walking Dead, but everyone was selling me on how great of a job they did making your choices matter when they should have been selling me on how great of a job they did crafting perfectly flawed characters. I spent nearly the whole game just getting frustrated at them for acting out of emotions rather than logic and in around episode 3 it clicked with me that everyone was being intentionally idiots because that's how people act.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SeXReX posted:

Don't get me wrong, I had a good time with The Walking Dead, but everyone was selling me on how great of a job they did making your choices matter when they should have been selling me on how great of a job they did crafting perfectly flawed characters. I spent nearly the whole game just getting frustrated at them for acting out of emotions rather than logic and in around episode 3 it clicked with me that everyone was being intentionally idiots because that's how people act.

I played Witcher 2 by trying to avoid combat as much as possible. There's something for everyone, even in the worst games.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

you gotta love zombie games. they get even better when you realize that maybe man is even more scarier than the undwead horde

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Boolets boolets! Antidote!

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I fondly remember my first zombie game. .. it was nightmare creatures

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

zombies ate my neighbors was the pinnacle of zombie gaming

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
I used to dive on my moms bed because I was pretending to be an NPC Ragdolling from an explosion

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

does diablo 1 count as a zombie game

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Zombi U was good

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Austrian mook posted:

Zombi U was good

I got it for 20 bucks and really enjoyed it

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I played Left 4 Dead once and really enjoyed it. I played it a whole bunch after, but it never felt as fun after that.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I appreciate the cannon fodder approach to zombies that Dead Rising takes. Big, dumb hordes of squishy former shoppers are the way to go. I like Dead Space too, but are those enemies really zombies? Or is Isaac the real zombie??

Grakdesh
Jul 21, 2005

High-functioning otaku.
:darksouls:

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Sub-Actuality posted:

every once in a while I think I want a remake

then I remember it would probably a first person survival game with lovely crafting elements

but they could at least give the dude the new 3d glasses instead that would be a cool touch of polish

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Has anyone played the recent game How 2 Survive? It was a top-down, twin stick zombie shooter that supported two players, and it had an item building mechanic and gauges for thirst/hunger/sleep. You spend game time turning tires into body armor and using nuts and bolts as ammo while looking for sources of clean, fresh water and safe houses in which to sleep. My gf and I had a lot of fun playing through the game, and I think anyone who pines for another Zombies Ate My Neighbors should check it out.

Here's a video of the beginning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QurrdOdZ-T4

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

LawfulWaffle posted:

Has anyone played the recent game How 2 Survive? It was a top-down, twin stick zombie shooter that supported two players, and it had an item building mechanic and gauges for thirst/hunger/sleep. You spend game time turning tires into body armor and using nuts and bolts as ammo while looking for sources of clean, fresh water and safe houses in which to sleep. My gf and I had a lot of fun playing through the game, and I think anyone who pines for another Zombies Ate My Neighbors should check it out.

Here's a video of the beginning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QurrdOdZ-T4

It's loving awful aside from the little rule popups.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Sir AIDS posted:

I used to dive on my moms bed because I was pretending to be an NPC Ragdolling from an explosion

human being

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sir AIDS posted:

lmfao

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
http://store.steampowered.com/app/35310/

In this game you run over zombies and also get literal swords on the side of your car with which to kneecap zombies. It's alright.

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

My favorite is I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MBIES 1N IT!!!1, by Ska Studios.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Spombies.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Zombie Shooter is the dumbest game but is good, it's like Crimsonland only with actual levels, weapon shops and zombies. Iirc the final boss is a giant zombie with dual rocket launchers and you kill him in similar way to Gargantua in HL.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

BoredDG posted:

My favorite is I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MBIES 1N IT!!!1, by Ska Studios.
Welcome
To my game
I put zombies in it
for your pain.

They come shambling out
from the soil.
You'd better shoot them
or you're gonna die.

'Cause I made
A game
with zombies in it
yeah yeah

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

laserghost posted:

Zombie Shooter is the dumbest game but is good, it's like Crimsonland only with actual levels, weapon shops and zombies. Iirc the final boss is a giant zombie with dual rocket launchers and you kill him in similar way to Gargantua in HL.

You mean by shooting it in the testicles repeatedly? Guess I'll check that out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

• Locked thread