Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Merry PISSMass Duckfarts! For this holiday season, I baked you a fresh Thread! I decided to make a whole new thread for this, because there are a lot of pictures, and I didn't want to clog the main thread. Sooo, did you know that shipping to Taiwan is butt-loving expensive? The entire budget would have been blown on just getting you a box. So what does clever little me do instead?

gently caress off and spend a nice sunny afternoon exploring one of the nicest bits of North Florida,

and visiting it's nicest cat rescue.

Welcome to Fernandina Beach! On the other side of the ditch (aka the Inter Coastal Waterway) from me, it's famous for it's fine seafood festivals, being attacked by pirates and redcoats, being the home of Pippi Longstocking in movies, and not being Georgia. It's a little New England town that someone silly built on the armpit coast. Or the First Coast. Because 'Space Coast' and 'Gold Coast' and all the other good coasts were taken.

One thing you will notice is that everyone here is pretty darn friendly! Felix the Fruit Guy, wandering bands of pirates on the weekends, most of the cops, everyone’s pretty chill out here. Including this guy, who was happy to greet me to Cats Angels SCPA.
http://www.catsangels.com/

Cats Angles is a non-profit rescue and TNR advocate for all the First Coast's felines. They do rescue, colony management, and education workshops. They also have a cute thrift store.

In the back, you will find the Cats Angels Adoption center, where you are transported from adorable thrift store full of deals to the CUDDLE COAST

Yes, a whole big and clean cat play area open to anyone who wants to pet or play with a kitty.
This guy was watching there little girls play with the cat racer most of the time I was there. It was adorable

I hung out for about an hour, petting and playing with cats, and talking to the staff. I was even invited to be in the holiday parade they were preparing for that night! But I came for a reason, and that reason was to give a very special xmas present to a very special group of cat people.

Merry PISSmass Duckfarts, you have extended and improved the life of one Florida cat.

So then I went off to get lunch! Because dang I was hungry. Fortunately, just down the road is TASTY'S! A great burger joint that is funky and delicious in equal measure. There are a lot of other great places to eat in Fernandina, but I really wanted a burger and beer. It tasted great, and the price was right, especially for a touristy beach town. I had a burger all the way and a Bells Two Hearted Ale.

Then I went for a walk to take in the sights! Fernandina is a cute little town, with lots of historic buildings, funky shops, and places to hang out.

Ooh, this is my favorite shop. Hunt's Cabinet of Curiosities! It's all a front to fund the owner's travel and souvenir buying addiction. It's got all legal and ethically sourced awesome stuff like fossils, hand crafts, and antiques.

Oh ho. Well, I've walked off the lunch beer by now. And there's a nip in the air, drat near just 70 degrees, that's darn cold down here for December! Gotta keep warm,y'know.

What a fun, cozy place. I had a Sweetwater 420 Pale Ale and watched crappy college football. As you do, in Florida.

Then a stroll down to the riverfront. It's still a working commercial fishing area, entirely small boats and family businesses, so just down the way you can get the freshest and tastiest shrimp, crab, mollusks, and other local seafood you ever had.

So that was my day! Hope you like the donation in your name (the ladies at the store loved the name, and we discussed if ducks actually do fart), and the little bit of America! (And Spain, France, Britain, Mexico, Confederacy, and everyone else who owned this land as one point).

And also, a special thank you, Duckfarts, for being a cool forums poster and all-around guy. Hi-five, dude. Give Espressa and Munny snuggles for me!

Here's an album of all the pics from my day for easy veiwing. http://imgur.com/a/cnQnm

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Dec 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!
Fernandina is so pretty. I live in south GA and was there last year for my companies Christmas Party (Was a few blocks away from the Saloon, sadly I can't remember the name of the restaurant but it was nice though and right across the Hampton Inn).

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
this is a good thread.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
I approve of this thread.

• Locked thread