Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Boom'Tiss

Nodding to the man, as much as a person in a full enviro suit can nod, Boom'Tiss presses a button on the helmet with a cup icon on it, which pops up a basket like apparatus on the crown of the helmet. Taking the cup of caf, it's poured into the basket on top of the helmet, and slurping noises are heard from inside the helmet.

"Mmmm, good caf. But nothing to eat for me." The synthetic voice respond to the bar keep.

"So what kind if music do you like to listen to? Any favorite artists you have?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Mustache Ride posted:

Boom'Tiss

Nodding to the man, as much as a person in a full enviro suit can nod, Boom'Tiss presses a button on the helmet with a cup icon on it, which pops up a basket like apparatus on the crown of the helmet. Taking the cup of caf, it's poured into the basket on top of the helmet, and slurping noises are heard from inside the helmet.

"Mmmm, good caf. But nothing to eat for me." The synthetic voice respond to the bar keep.

"So what kind if music do you like to listen to? Any favorite artists you have?"

"What kind of music do I like to listen to?" Asked the Harch, his mandibles twitching up to show his rows of pointed teeth in what you assume is a smile. "Heh, I can't actually tell one song from another, none of my people can. Our ears don't work like others' do, and music just sounds like, well, random noise to us. Now Lena, she had some strong opinions about music. Even left specific instructions on stocking the jukebox in her will. Oops, hold that thought, friend!" With that, the Harch moves back down the bar to tend to another patron.

Beardless posted:

Rulon Barela

Following the others into Lena's, Rulon orders a caf, and takes a seat at the bar. He looks over the menu, seeing what catches his eye.

Rulon gets his caf, which is hot and very, very strong, and peruses the menu. There's... there's a lot here. (OOC - Rulon can find his favorite breakfast here, or at least something very close. Lena's isn't loving around when it comes to breakfast).

Meanwhile, Ducson is still outside, leaning on the wall at the corner of the building, having a smoke, and watching the slowly increasing traffic. Two humans and a Wookiee walk out into the morning cold. Obviously spacers, each is wearing a flight vest covered in patches. All three are wearing a patch on their shoulders that matches the symbol painted on that YV-666 parked in the spaceport. The Wookiee catches Ducson's eye, nods to him, and the three of them cross the street and move back toward the spaceport.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.
Rulon Barela

Rulon looks over the menu, and then orders a corellian frybread. It probably wouldn't be as good as his grandmothers, but he wouldn't hold that against them. He glances past Boom'Tiss at Jelan. "You gonna have something to eat?"

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Sinduc'so'nsheen "Ducson"
Wounds: 12/12 Strain: 12/12 Soak: 5

Ducs lights another t'bacc stick as he leans against the wall of the diner, one foot up. He pretends not to take notice of the spacers as they pass, but returns the nod with a friendly smile and then casually turns away, keeping an eye on them from the corner of his eye as they saunter off. One benefit of having glowing pupil-less eyes... no one can tell where you're looking. Well, no non-Chiss, at least. There were subtle variations in each Chiss' glow that let them tell amongst themselves, of course, but outsiders didn't need to know that.

As they depart he scans the street again... your usual drifter halfway house rock. Sullustan on the corner with black smudges around his mouth folds - probably selling death sticks. Devaronian with the notches carved in his left horn - served time in the Rigel cluster, probably for smuggling, on account of the missing fingers. Quarren looked clean - and lost, probably on business, and this was an unexpected layover. All pretty routine.

He finishes the smoke and puts it out in the handy receptacle by the door before swinging the old fashioned manual doors open and grabbing a stool at the end of the counter, since there were no open spots next to the others. He glances briefly at his neighbor, a Dug perched on his hands, as is their custom, and then scans the menu.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Nak Naki

Accepting the data from the Port official, Naki makes his way for the cheapest of the parts suppliers. He's under no delusions on the state of the finances, so he better get the parts needed for as cheap as possible.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jad DeBrek

Jad heads off with Naki to look for parts for the ship.

"Hey B0-E, unless you feel like babysitting the Diamond Dog, how about helping us with the search? Will go a lot faster with three."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
B0-E

"LOVE to. You know I love to watch you work."

• Locked thread