Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
What are your favorite games to play with the light gamers or gaming disinclined in your family? Anything from the travel games you play like I Spy, to playing Tag with the kids, to Poker.

The adults in mine usually play Train dominoes. Occasionally we'll break out the poker chips though.

The kids like to play the venerable hide & seek or tag. Usually I end up having to find them or chase them down to wear them all out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Uhhh usually a trivia game or something. I have a job where I work on almost every holiday so there's not much I can do.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

• Risk
  • Carcassonne
  • Chess
  • Checkers
  • Sorry
  • Yahtzee
  • Like a hundred other card games and boardgames

My family swags like the Tenenbaums closet, straight up.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

usually Monopoly, which usually ends in an uncomfortable silence.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
my family used to play sick as hell poker all the time on holidays or during hurricanes. that or blackjack.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Euchre.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3611640

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I love Euchre but my family sucks and doesn't know how to play.

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Sub-Actuality posted:

usually Monopoly, which usually ends in an uncomfortable silence.

Uncomfortable silence is a family tradition.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Silver Striker posted:

I love Euchre but my family sucks and doesn't know how to play.

loving Turds.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

This ain't boardgames general so shoo.

Unless the board games thread is your family in which case rock on.

metricchip posted:

Uncomfortable silence is a family tradition.
Mine plays the game where we argue politics and see how long it takes someone to shut us up with food.

Jokes on them this year though. I'm on a diet this time.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Train dominos
Farkle/dice/yahtzee
Catan dice
Uno and the lesser skipbo
Loopin Louis

Kirby's Avalanche
4 player Tetris
Dr Mario

Sometimes mom plays through Zelda and Zelda 2 and sitting back with a drink and watching a 55 year old woman halfway speed run them is entertainment enough

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Half the people here are playing phone games. The casual revolution has begun, and my family is on the front line!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Uno is big but my wife's family also busts out some weird Hearts Rummy mat and there are pennies and I never know what the gently caress is happening. It's pretty good. I get them family feels.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

thuly posted:

Sometimes mom plays through Zelda and Zelda 2 and sitting back with a drink and watching a 55 year old woman halfway speed run them is entertainment enough

that owns

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

deadwing posted:

that owns

It does own because that woman is probably better at Zelda 2 than I ever intend to be.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

codenameFANGIO posted:

It does own because that woman is probably better at Zelda 2 than I ever intend to be.

yeah back in the day my mom could beat mega man two and three but I bet if I handed her a controller now she couldn't even make it through metal man's stage it is good that his mom has kept her Gaming Skills sharp

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

glad I'm not part of your family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I played pool with my brother and step-brother. It was okay. They're both dangerously close to normies, though.

• Locked thread