Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

gay skull posted:

Has the OP gotten hosed in their rear end yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

mr sad posted:

consider doing something non gaming with your free time

:staredog:

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

gay skull posted:

Has the OP gotten hosed in their rear end yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwA9zPRuq7c&t=6s

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i thought for a moment about this, realized i have nothing else and had something of an Episode :smith:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Ciaphas posted:

i thought for a moment about this, realized i have nothing else and had something of an Episode :smith:

wii u now has a crunchyroll app

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

still havin g a crisis, this stinks

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

still havin g a crisis, this stinks

Play Etrian Odyssey 4 or Untold.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Buy and play Fantasy Life, OP. It's good.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Silver Striker posted:

Play Etrian Odyssey 4

all jrpgs are good, op. listen to this man

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i sort of felt earlier like playing wind waker hd, never did actually play past outset island though i beat the original plenty

just kinda don't wanna play games right now but i really have never had anything else

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

man existential crises suck

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Learn a fighting game or a racing game or play NES Remix or watch some Giant Bomb videos or something.

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

mr sad posted:

This is an unorthodox opinion which may get me banned but consider doing something non gaming with your free time. It's not because you have too many games. It's because you don't really want to game at all. Do something else for a while.

this is actually a good idea.

something you should also try is uninstalling all your games, then find the first game you havent played yet that pops out at you. install only that game and dont play anything else until you consider that game "finished" (which could mean anywhere from "this game sucks, im stuck" to "100% unlocked everything)

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

i sort of felt earlier like playing wind waker hd, never did actually play past outset island though i beat the original plenty

just kinda don't wanna play games right now but i really have never had anything else

Hm. In this case I would recommend you try something like doing some exercise. Lift weights or do some cardio. Whenever I feel like I'm in a rut doing some kind of physical activity like that can help me focus my mind and appreciate things like gaming all the more.

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Ciaphas posted:

1st step is take a walk outside. ~20 minutes.

my hobbies outside of gaming are painting, drawing and sleight of hand. i'm nowhere near good enough at any of those things that i'd show people my work. they're just hobbies. but i'm glad i have them. point is, if there's anything out there that has always sounded fun or you wanted to learn more about it, do it without hesitation. just the act of getting started on a new hobby can feel very liberating and invigorating, esp when you're in a rut

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mr sad posted:

1st step is take a walk outside. ~20 minutes.

my hobbies outside of gaming are painting, drawing and sleight of hand. i'm nowhere near good enough at any of those things that i'd show people my work. they're just hobbies. but i'm glad i have them. point is, if there's anything out there that has always sounded fun or you wanted to learn more about it, do it without hesitation. just the act of getting started on a new hobby can feel very liberating and invigorating, esp when you're in a rut

Good Lord.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Please, for the love of Jesus on his Birthday in the mountain and pacific time zones, lock this thread.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
is locking threads the new meme here or something

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
lock thread, probate OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
I map for video games as a non-gaming hobby

I also masturbate, competetively e: alternatively, if you can find a close cadre of gamer pals, that is very excellent

Schnedwob fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Dec 26, 2014

• Locked thread