Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krustysean
Dec 25, 2014
I recently joined a company and was surprised to hear that we had a large deployed estate of Broadberry devices (i think we have 5 or 6 them). Imagine my surprise when 4 of the units experienced complete failure over a 6-week period, requiring hardware resets and FS checks after reboot. The last 3 failures were related to a single disk failure in a RAID array and required a firmware flash of the controllers before the system would even reboot. The data came back OK as the VG was merely degraded after a single failure, but still scary. Anybody else have a similar experience?

Needless to say, we are moving to an alternate and more resilient platform, but we are faced with the prospect of managing this platform for at least another 12 months. I am curious to see if anybody else has any insight into how this is possible or how to prevent future (potentially) career limiting events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gallop w/a boner
Aug 16, 2002

Hell Gem
I think Broadberry mostly sells rebadged Supermicro servers. So any resources you can find that apply to the equivalent Supermicro will also apply to your Broadberry boxes. Don't know if this helps you at all.

• Locked thread