Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.

IcePhoenix posted:

He hit .160 and had 100 strikeouts in 258 PAs for the Cubs

But of course he was also:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

will_colorado posted:

I don't know that much about the other guy Gus Schlosser.

Schlosser has a 1.000 batting average.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

I agree it's fine for Colorado, but odd for Atlanta. I thought Hale was competing for a starting spot.

They have at least 2 prospects competing for the 5th spot plus some veterans they signed to minor league deals with spring training invites so they probably assume they're good. He was probably going to end up in the bullpen or AAA by mid-season if any of the starting pitchers they have acquired are any good. They have almost no catching depth in their org other than a guy they got in the AAA round of the Rule V draft.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Moncada now cleared to sign with any MLB team.

Are there any other foreign players who could make the move to the MLB in the near future that are worth some teams holding off on Moncada so as to avoid hitting the international spending limit? Trying to figure out whether I'm rooting for the Dodgers to end up with him (would make since given 3/4 of our infield will be free agents after this year) or somebody else like Maeda.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Vernacular posted:

Moncada now cleared to sign with any MLB team.

Are there any other foreign players who could make the move to the MLB in the near future that are worth some teams holding off on Moncada so as to avoid hitting the international spending limit? Trying to figure out whether I'm rooting for the Dodgers to end up with him (would make since given 3/4 of our infield will be free agents after this year) or somebody else like Maeda.
Hector Olivera is another guy from Cuba who is probably also cleared now. There's also another guy named Andy Ibanez.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Did that middle infielder Jose Fernandez sign yet?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ZenVulgarity posted:

That's Colon as a Capybara, for those of you not up on your KBC/giant rodents.

My favorite from the end of last year was the holiday one:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I want one of Hideki Matsui.

Perhaps surrounded by his dirty magazine collection.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Inspector_666 posted:

That's Colon as a Capybara, for those of you not up on your KBC/giant rodents.

My favorite from the end of last year was the holiday one:

Fully erect

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I don't suppose anyone knows anyone who knows anything about the Orioles ticketing office? They're still screwing me around with the deposit I placed in September for a partial 2015 season plan, this was the last I'd heard from them (after sending two emails) last Tuesday, January 20:

quote:

Thank you for contacting the Orioles. We are finalizing the Season Plan Details for the 2015 season. It is looking like fans that placed a deposit for the 2015 season will be contacted one day next week with an update pertaining to the seat selection process. You will be able to pick your seats online.

Should I try getting in touch over the phone? They only provided the standard ticketing number so I'm not sure if I'm actually going to get anywhere by calling it.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Roflex posted:

I don't suppose anyone knows anyone who knows anything about the Orioles ticketing office? They're still screwing me around with the deposit I placed in September for a partial 2015 season plan, this was the last I'd heard from them (after sending two emails) last Tuesday, January 20:

Should I try getting in touch over the phone? They only provided the standard ticketing number so I'm not sure if I'm actually going to get anywhere by calling it.

Tell them the Blue Jays have made you a better offer.

vegeta dentata
Jun 16, 2011
Damnit damnit damnit I can't find Marlins Man.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame

Roflex posted:

Call the standard Orioles phone number ask to speak with a season ticket sales rep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly
MLB February N/V: I can almost smell the pitchers and catchers reporting

• Locked thread