Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Felize Jamstave
HP: 40 | MP: 40 | ATK: 5 | DEF: 5 | SPD: 5

"Eh? I'm sure they can take care of..." Felize says to Aubrey, looking back. "... dammit." She hops back on one of the swinging bridges, and then pokes her fork into the ruins' ceiling, trying to loosen one of the large stone bricks with lever force, squinting as the whole bridge sways with the motion. "Out of the water before it reaches the horn!" Then she pushes, trying to drive stone down so it comes free- and then gravity can do all the hard work as she tries to keep the behemoth down, if only for a moment.

Using Sign to try and drop a stone block on the behemoth, and using Sign (Agility doesn't seem to help here) to get an 8 total. If necessary, I'll build an attack here: BATTLE BLOCKS (Effective x 4, Stunning, Concentration, EP 10) and spend the energy to try and make the beast awfully sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Lojak
HP: 60/60 END: 25/50 DEF: 2 BAR: 4 AMR: 3

With the beast distracted, Lojak decided to try to do something about that horn. He didn't know why they couldn't let it reach the water--the cook probably knew, seemed to like beasties, especially tasty ones--but all the same he didn't see much of a way to stop it from doing so outside of attempting to remove it entirely.

So, he did his best to wade through the water and slash through at least one of the horns, prepared to catch it before it hit the water should he succeed. Part of him was already cursing in advance if the cook just wanted the horns for some meal or another and water would ruin the flavor, "Thisss better be worth it!"

Lojak used Drop Weapon to disarm the behemoth of one of its horns (accuratex2, disarming) 6. Forgoing damage to ensure successful disarming if it hits.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Mellt
HP: 60/60 | MP: 60/60 [20/40] | DEF: 4

Mellt watches the Behemoth crash into the pool below her, and considers her options. Then she spots Felize, and had an idea. A really terrible idea.

The Viera puts her shoulder against the stone near here and pushes, teeth clenched tight in effort, muscles straining. For a moment, neither side of the contest budges. Then, one begins to give - and it's not the Green Mage. The stones begin to shift, and she catches herself, waiting for the bridge to fall and put the behemoth back into the perfect position. The cook's plan should knock it down, and then Mellt will make sure it stays down.

"LOOK OUT BELOW!" she roars, then gives one more mighty shove to send a cascade of debris raining down onto the behemoth. Mellt stumbles, but catches herself, watching as the behemoth gets buried, at least for the moment.

Doing this as a Paralyzing attack! Buying that perk twice. I think it should last 3 rounds, though it can try to break free before then. Forgoing damage to ensure the effect. Rolled a 12.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Mar 19, 2015

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
The Heart's Wall, Primary Artery

Aino steps out first against the Behemoth, waving some extremely coarse language at it as well as one of her arrows. It can't seem to find the other rabbit, so this one will just have to take its full ire. Trudging through the water, the Behemoth slowly lines itself up exactly where Felize wants it, and she lets loose the stone block which slams straight into its head, over the already existing wound from Mellt's hammer.

Lojak takes this opportunity as leverage, despite the danger of giant falling stone blocks, and positions himself under the Behemoth. With a mighty swing, he catches one of the beast's horns as its head jerks down from the weight of the stone, driving the blade through the dense bone and cleaving it off entirely.

Blood trails after the horn as it goes flying straight towards Aubrey, who catches it and then catches herself midair before being dragged down by the weight. It's strange and offputting to her immediately, but before she discards it she realizes just how much a Behemoth's horn could be worth, especially as cleanly cut as it is. If only it wasn't so incredibly heavy...

Once the others have cleared away from the reeling Behemoth, Mellt smashes through debris, raining it down upon the beast. The ruins hold up, but most of the wall she used comes apart and drops her down in the shallow water with Aino and Lojak. The Behemoth lies beneath a mountain of cobblestone, and Millicent looks down from the catwalks to congratulate everyone. "Nobody's stopped a King Behemoth before with anything short of full powered artillery! That's amazing! The Heart should be just down this way, c'mon, let's-"

The floor rumbles. Bits of stone tumble from the top of the pile over the Behemoth, and suddenly it bursts its head from the debris. But not to lash out with its remaining horn or teeth. It raises its head up high and calls a resounding "GRRRRAAAAAAAGGGHHHH!"

Nothing seems to happen at first, but Felize notices a molten red light building up from the gap in the ceiling she made. It's hard to believe that the ancient stories of Behemoths calling down the stars are actually true, but the ceiling is certainly beginning to turn convex and the entire ruins are rumbling. This is Meteor.

The Behemoth King gets completely piled on by busting up half of the ruins on top of its head. It's trapped and down for the count, but not without a proper sendoff. Meteor is crashing down on where you stand, and hanging around seems like a good way to go the way of the dinosaurs.

Aubrey, that horn is more than worth its weight in gil. And since it's extremely heavy, that's a lotta gil. You can opt to hold on to it, but don't expect to be flying around with that weighing you down.

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Curses from all directions!
Aubrey
Hp: 3o/3o | Mp: 60/6o | Hit: 5 | Atk: 4 | Eva: 7 | Def: 2 | Spd: 5

Apparently the others had the Behemoth well in hand! As though she had just forgotten that simply holding onto the horn was weight enough to ground her, she decided that flying back up to Felize and Millicent would be a good idea. She was certain the reason why she was on the ground now was because she had been unprepared for the sudden burden of the horn, but she could remedy that. She wasn't a good flier, she was a great one. So, when she beat her Gria wings with ever-increasing effort and speed yet still remained firmly footed in the shallow water, it was really weird.

Further thought on the matter was immediately filed away for later when the cavern shook from the Behemoth's furious roar. Slinging the treasured horn over one shoulder and clutching at it with both her hands she decided to do what any rational person unwilling to let go of the veritable treasure trove that had literally been dropped in her lap would do: run like hell!

Running like hell! Quick & Evasive nets her a 6!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Felize Jamstave

Felize looks up and spins around, stowing the fork and moving down the walkway... at a pace considerably faster than walking, running at top speed without looking back. She's slowed herself down enough helping the others out, but now- well, it won't do to get her taken out! She's the group's only healer! Well, okay, there is Millicent. But if she gets taken out, then Felize is the group's only healer!

"Run for it!", she says, lacking the time for something snippy or witty.

Rolling Evasive for a 6. Spending 5 Soul to gain a drama die, but it doesn't do any good. A 6 it is.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Lojak

The horn flew out of his reach, but at least the gria girl caught it before it hit the water--he'd have to ask the cook about that later, but at the moment things were really heating up.

"Just like a King to be a sssore lossser," he admired their work for a moment as he pondered what to do next.

Could he cut it up some more to stop whatever that was in the sky from falling? Probably not, if the others who seemed to know more about the beast were turning tail--he didn't take them for cowards. Still, maybe he could survive the attack? Then he could catch up to the others at a more, uh, leisurely pace. Though with his luck, the thing would just bypass all of his barriers and take him out instantly.

"drat it all, I hate running!" he cursed as he reluctantly began to trail behind the group as best he could.

Running away (no abilities, 2d6) 5

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Aino
HP: 50/50 | MP: 40/40 | ATK: 9d | DEF: 5d | Init: 4d | DX 3

Aino can't arrest a Behemoth, and trying to stab it with her little blade's not going to do much but make it angrier, but running away - that she can handle.

The Judge kicks up and off a slab of rubble, bouncing from point to jagged point to keep her speed up.

Ninjaing on out with Agile 2, Evasive 1, and Quick 2. Have to use IC at work, but home internet's been worse lately, so here's a 10.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Mellt
HP: 60/60 | MP: 60/60 [0/40] | DEF: 4

Mellt hops down onto the rubble pile, scrambles away from the behomoth, and breaks into a flat out run as she trails the rest of the group. Someone her size takes a little bit to get going, but once she gets up to speed she's really moving. As she rushes by the slower moving members of the group, she raises up her hammer and makes a gesture with her other hand. "Hastega!" As the spell takes hold, everyone's movements speed up.

Got a 10 on Agile 2 + Quick 2 to get out of there. e: My Quick improved to +3 with the spell, but I lost a die due to multiple actions, so sentrygun okay'd my keeping this roll.

Anything I can do help the slower folks along?

Figured out some magic to help! Hastega improves your Quick to +3 so you probably have some extra dice to try and improve your result!

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Mar 30, 2015

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
There's always Green Magic. Which because I still don't know what Green Magic is actually supposed to be may as well be anything! Quick, Haste, Float? Go wild!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Felize Jamstave

Everything slows down dramatically as Felize sails like the wind. Or is that she's speeding up?

Either way, she's gone.

The boost from Quick ramps up her fleeing attempt from a 6 to a 15!

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Rolling some extra dice for Lojak gets +Quick Added Dice, which regrettably doesn't double up, but does step it up to a 6. Aubrey's already at +3 Quick, so it doesn't really have an effect. Aino could benefit, but doesn't need it for this roll anyways.

The Heart's Wall, Primary Artery

Spurred on by Mellt's magic, the two viera and Felize all sprint down the shallow water, straight outta here. Behind them, Lojak is dragged down by his armor and Aubrey is dragged down by her prize. They manage not to get completely flattened by molten rock, as everything behind them seems to be, but the ritual path gives way to the lower floors of the ruins. The growing hole pulls the both of them down, where they fall a short distance before suddenly stopping.

The horn appears to have gotten stuck in a gap not quite large enough for it, and Aubrey hangs onto it while Lojak finds himself wedged in a gap between the hole and the horn that's too small for him to fall through. Once she confirms the horn won't just tumble away from her if she lets go, Aubrey tries to do the obvious before realizing a Magus-sized weight is holding onto her legs for dear life. Rather than complaining, Millicent is mostly just trying not to look down and panic. The rushing water from the waterway pouring down on all three of them just makes this whole thing even worse.

The three who managed to clear the Meteor are in relative safety, but there's no telling how stable the rubble leading down into the hole is.

Mellt's spell prevents Lojak from getting caught in the blast radius proper and Felize from getting caught by anything, but Aubrey and Lojak are in a bit of a bind and Millicent comes along for the ride. The fall would be dangerous for Millicent and Lojak, and Aubrey's got Millicent weighing her down. Anyone can act, but if you aren't careful the ruins could fall apart even more than they already are.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Question: Mellt, Felize and Aino all got out of dodge, but Lojak, Aubrey and our NPC are still in trouble. Is there anything we can do via mundane means to help them? I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do in this scene aside from "try not to die."

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Dive back into danger and try to drag them out, attempt to wrench Aubrey away from her solid brick of gil against her will (or figure out a way to get it out in one or more pieces), see about blowing the gap even more open and riding the water down into the depths of the ruins. Doing that last thing but on accident because you rolled bad is also doable. This is probably just the instigator in me that loves making things go hilariously wrong, though.

Basically everything leads to a dumb adventure and you'll eventually get to the Heart because who wants to get a Game Over and realize we forgot to save for the past three hours months. Aino's got archery, probably some kind of trick archery, and I assume some kind of affinity for water. Go hog wild! I've already fudged a few things because OVA dice are mega weird and I don't understand how to handle them without it requiring a lot of luck or being too easy for the group's relatively high and uneven power level, but rolling total garbage won't mean you just fall down the pit and die. Things just might not go as planned.

EDIT: Reviewing this post, the simple answer is 'get (your friends) out of danger' I think.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Mellt
HP: 60/60 | MP: 60/60 [0/40] | DEF: 4

Mellt slides to a halt. "Wow! That was awesome!" She spots the others hanging over the precipice. "Oh no! Wait, I know this bit..."

She digs into her pack and brings out some rope, tying it around her waist. "This is the bit where I pull really hard on heavy stuff. Just gotta get the rope to them... somehow..."

Maybe we should try teamwork on this?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Felize Jamstave
HP: 40 | MP: 35/35 | ATK: 5 | DEF: 5 | SPD: 5

Dropping down from above, Felize slams into the ground with her fork, planting it to brace herself against the running water near the edge. Reaching out towards Mellt, she calls out, "Give me that! I'll get it to them, and then you pull!" It's a bit of a precarious position, one might wonder how she'd get out, but maybe she could get tugged after? If the precipice holds, anyway...

Yeah, teamwork seems like a good idea. Felize will use Sign (Virgo) to offer Mellt a bonus die, since Mellt's Strong attribute makes her a good candidate to yank people out of trouble.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Aino

Aino stands ready to assist as well, although her icy facade is a little spoiled by how awkwardly she's hovering around Mellt and Felize.

Helping with, uh...Quick? Iron-willed? Intimidating?

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Mellt
HP: 60/60 | MP: 50/60 [0/40] -10 DD | DEF: 4

Mellt gets Aino to tie a proper knot for her, then passes the rope to Felize. "Everyone grab on tight!"

The big Viera spits on her hands, grabs the rope tightly, and braces her feet. When the trapped party members grab on and shift their weight to the rope, the stone she had braced against gives way. Not expecting that to happen, she scrambles for purchase, but slides closer and closer to the hole. She lets go of the rope with one hand, and with a roar of redoubled effort, uses the free hand to grab at the stones. With three limbs working, she first arrests the slide, then slowly begins to gain ground. She claws her way back to another block to brace against, gets both feet on it, and hauls away with both hands again until she pulls everyone back up.

So even with a ton of dice I ended up with only a 5. Since this seems pretty critical, I threw two drama dice and upgraded to a 10 with that extra five.

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Aubrey

A lifetime of dependency on her wings had made the urge to fly when in danger practically instinct, and even though her frantic flapping didn't get her anywhere it didn't stop her from continuing to try. Glancing down at the mage latched onto her, a grasp almost as vice-like as her own hold on the Behemoth Horn, a thought occurred to her, "don't you know Warp or something?!"

Whatever Aubrey does is entirely dependent on Millicent's possession of Warp, so she's not quite doing anything just yet.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Millicent

"Um, well, yes, but it'll send me back to Serenity and I've got the... Oh."

Millicent digs in her pouch with one hand while clinging onto Aubrey's legs with the other, and pulls out the package she got from Sol. It's definitely portable and shouldn't require the Magus. She hands it up to Aubrey, then reaches back to her pouch to get her wand. A few flicks of it and a dark spiral starts twirling around her.

"Just make sure you're definitely at the Heart, or it might not work! Oh, and I didn't really expect a Behemoth, but I never got a chance to warn you about the-"

And the Warp spell completes, Millicent vanishing into a small spiral void.

Well, that'd definitely be the case. Millicent's not weighing Aubrey down anymore and Mellt's headed down to help the two remaining stragglers. Aubrey and Lojak have a chance to help the effort on their end.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Lojak

"Godsss drat it all!" Lojak let out a stream of curses as he struggled to wiggle out of the gap he found himself stuck in, before deciding that to wiggle further would only serve to tempt the gods further. Still, if he was perfectly stuck without even having to hold on, due to his armor and general girth, he could use at least one hand to pull the horn free and chuck it up to his companions, probably the gria-girl too if she couldn't just fly out anyway. Letting out a deep sigh, he continued to hope the horn was worth something to somebody given all the trouble it's caused.

"Sssomebody catch," he called up as he grabbed hold of the horn wedged in the wall and gave it his best pull before launching it upward, possibly still with the girl attached, "Ssshould be lesss weight to pull up now!"

Using strong to toss the horn, and aubrey if she's still holding on, up first so the others only need to pull his weighty self up 12. Hopefully the walls don't hate having that horn pulled out from between them.

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Aubrey

Well, that was half her problem solved! Warp Two would have been more thoughtful, though! Aubrey had just managed to get Millicent's package tucked away and her now-freed legs wrapped around her pricey treasure with no clear plan on exactly how to free it when Lojak's giant hand clamped down on the horn, suddenly sending the Gria whirling upwards!

Everything around her except for the horn she was on and herself was spinning! Furiously beating her wings to try and get things rightwise and make sure the horn landed safely where she could easily pick it up afterwards. Because, as much as it pained her to let go of the veritable mint for even just a moment, the idea of abandoning Lojak sat even less well with her. It would be okay, she kept telling herself as she returned to the air, offering the horn one last furtive glance before vanishing back into the hole to help get Lojak unstuck!

Although she was dwarfed in size by her Bangaa companion, that didn't stop her from trying!

Gria are stronger than they look! Trying to get Lojak unwedged with a 10!

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
The Heart's Wall, Leaking Artery

With Aino and Felize holding onto the rope, Mellt lowers herself down the crumbling terrain and through the rushing water. With Millicent gone, Aubrey gets up on the horn and grabs onto Lojak to try to hoist him out while Lojak hefts up the horn and throws it. The result is pretty odd to see before Aubrey loses her grip on Lojak, but Mellt manages to duck under the soaring horn that Aubrey's clinging onto before grabbing hold of Lojak before he stumbles back down into the pit. Aino and Felize drag the two out of the pit, and everyone retreats to a more stable part of the artery.

The Heart of the River

Aubrey manages to pull the horn out of the ground after its crash landing and likely continues to cling to her treasure while the rest of the party catches their breath. Everything seems relatively safe for now.

Farther down the artery, the waterway suddenly drops off into a large room, connected to various other waterways similar to this artery that you can spot dotting the walls. It's probably fair to assume this is the Heart. It's also probably fair to assume that the steps down to the great pool at the bottom are actually funguar colonies, which lead down to a giant, colorfully spotted platform floating on the surface of the pool, which tilts up and reveals two large, beady eyes staring up at you. After a moment it tilts back down.

You got a big ol' critter submerged in the pool of the Heart, and a 'stairway' of colonies to descend if you want to head down to it. It doesn't seem to want to kill you, unlike most wildlife in Ivalice, but you did come here to help the Heart. What's the plan?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Felize Jamstave

Descending the "stairs" without much hesitation, Felize frowns. "Finally, we can get this nonsense over with!", she says testily, but halts before the final platform. "Hey, we're just here to heal the heart!", she proclaims. "We're not here to fight or be lunch or get squirted at or anything!', she says with her arms wide. Does it understand? Well, she seems to presume that, putting her hands on her hips. "Do we understand each other?"

Plan? For somebody so careful in the kitchen, she's pretty bold in the actual field.

She has a Knowledge (monsters) roll of 6 to identify this thing, in any case.

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Aubrey
Hp: 3o/3o | Mp: 6o/6o | Hit: 5 | Atk: 4 | Eva: 7 | Def: 2 | Spd: 5

Waving the package of purifying salts in the sight of the others, Aubrey asks, "so, all we need to do is deposit this stuff in the water?"

"If that's the case, I could just fly down there, drop it in, and then we could go," she continues, then taking greater stock of the group's surroundings, "...not that I'm entirely sure where we'd be going afterwards, exactly.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Aino

"Run, probably," Aino says.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
The Heart of the River

As Felize cross-references monsters in her head, the critter in the Heart looks up at her again with its beady eyes and suddenly raises two large arm-like appendages out of the water, holding them up. What might seem like a threatening gesture to the rest of the party, Felize recognizes as the Funguar greeting. Clearly, it's just trying to say-

"HELLO"

...Okay, Funguar don't normally talk. Especially not in people-tongue. It seems nice, though, and it is greeting you politely! Also worth noting, it's rather unlikely its spores would be the cause of Serenity's woes, especially as such a large Funguar. At worst it might flare up some of their allergies, but that's hardly a concern for them at the moment.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Mellt

Mellt eyes the beastie here, but it doesn't seem hostile. She rubs at her arm, a bit sore from her earlier exertions, and shrugs. "We'll find a way out. Water has to get out of here somehow, right?"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Felize Jamstave

A lazy wave, and Felize continues, hands still on her hips. "We have purifying salts- white magic- we need to put in here to heal the rest of the river. Can we do that?" She frowns a little, though the expression is probably lost on a Funguar. "The Jormungandr passed and we've been sent to help." The thought that it might harm the colony does cross her mind, but she doesn't speak on it, not yet. The giant creature is probably a better judge of that, after all.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Lojak

"Following the water soundss fine, but where the hell are the statuesss?" he recalls the magical constructs Millicent had mentioned before they set out. Were they not supposed to be guarding the heart? "If you can talk to mushroomsss, maybe they'd know? If somebody broke them before usss?"

If the girl hadn't warped out he could've asked her if funguar were always allowed near the heart like that, but being honest, "I'd rather break thingsss than smelly plantsss." It was half-warning, half-wish.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
The Heart of the River

The giant Funguar stares back at Felize for a moment before tilting its head, dipping part of its cap into the water. Funguar are fairly primitive to begin with, but it doesn't seem like one becoming giant has made it much more intelligent. Still, it seems pretty okay with you just hopping on down the colonies to reach it.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Felize Jamstave

"Well, we're sure this is the heart?", Felize ponders aloud. "I guess we can leave it and go, but... wasn't she trying to warn us about something?" A roll of her eyes. "Well, whatever, let's add the ingredients already, if it was really important, she would have brought it up earlier!" Caution is for people who aren't adventurers, after all.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
Apologies for my bad posting getting worse, I've been feeling not-great and things I've been thinking about lately don't exactly make me want to go straight to writing stuff.

The Heart of the River

The party is free to descend down to the Funguar's cap should they wish, and whoever lands on the spongy surface elicits a small puff of spores. The water of the Heart seems to cycle out through certain descending tunnels while replenishing through other ascending ones, the water likely pushed up by pressure. The walls thrum with the rushing of the river, a strange sort of natural mechanism. While the large Funguar displaces a great deal of the water, it doesn't rise far enough to reach the empty arteries higher up that the party entered from.

Of particular note, the water seems to be crackling and fizzing in one spot. It's difficult to see through the water as the spores have an effect not unlike algae on it, so a closer look would be required in order to investigate it. When Aubrey checks Millicent's package, she finds it full of large crystalline chunks. Despite looking similar to salt, they're solid and extremely difficult to break apart.

The Funguar seems content to let the party traipse around on its cap, staying still so as to not cause anyone to tumble into the waters. How friendly!

You've got purifying salts, something weird crackling inside the water, and a Funguar pal keeping you afloat. Anyone who would prefer can stay up on the Funguar colonies if they like, they won't hurt the Funguar's feelings. You could just toss the salts right in, or inspect things further. What's the plan?

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Mellt

Mellt hops down onto the Funguar's cap, pointing at the fizzy spot. "I bet that's it! We should dump that salt stuff on it, right?"

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Aino

Aino shrugs expansively. "If you are wrong, in the worst case, we will not have long to regret your decision."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Felize Jamstave

Hopping down to the cap gently, Felize folds her arms. This is like a question of chemistry. And what is cooking if not a form of chemistry?... with, unfortunately, a very limited set of reagents. Still, she draws her spoon, spooning up a bit of the bubbling liquid to bring it over for a sniff. But there's one way she knows to understand what's going on in a fluid. One she's practiced.

She takes a small taste. It may not be the best of ideas.

There's a time you take a look at your sheet and remember you have Impulsive and Overconfident. Trying to puzzle out what's going on here, mainly using her Sign for its analytical nature, I'm not sure her Job really applies other than to justify doing it. It's a 5, in any case!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Aubrey
Hp: 3o/3o | Mp: 6o/6o | Hit: 5 | Atk: 4 | Eva: 7 | Def: 2 | Spd: 5

"I am in agreement, about the salt-adding," Aubrey adds before casting a dubious look in Felize's direction, watching the chef extract a small portion of the bubbling spot, "...I'm not so sure about that, however."

• Locked thread