Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
It's about truth in pro grappling journalism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I never thought I'd live to see the day when juggalos seem like pretty reasonable fans compared to TNA diehards.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Skinty McEdger posted:

Are they seriously this worked up over a difference of 9,000 viewers?

The impression I got from the conversation was that the TNA guy was trying to prove that the 359k number from whatever rating websites was the correct first-run-airing-only number (ie, more than the original tweet's claim of 263k) because he didn't understand that the websites number was the combined east and west coast ratings. That's why he specified "You claimed total viewership was 368k," and then went back to being very specific about time blocks.

In other words, TNA guy thought PWTorch was burying TNA not by claiming a difference of 9000 viewers, but by reporting only the first run number as the total viewership, cutting the number into half (at least in the mind of a TNA fan who believes the replay would have equal viewership to the first run).

Then again, maybe he is being this insane over a difference of 9000 guys. But given how TNA fans typically work I think they're much more likely to believe that the show drew 720k and the DIRT SHEETS ARE CORRUPT then they are to believe that a difference of less than 10k viewers matters after a dropoff over nearly 600k.

• Locked thread