Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Jebus hosed his visa up, so Maplestreet will sub for Misfits during the challenger qualifiers
Can't wait for this to lead to Alex Ich being denied the LCS due to no fault of his own again :smithicide:

Yuran M. Bazil posted:

Riot made him change his tag from Promiscuous, right?

Promiscuous -> PromisQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I don't see how Promiscuous is unacceptable and Lustboy is fine. Riot please stop your gendered slutshaming

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

kingcobweb posted:

I don't see how Promiscuous is unacceptable and Lustboy is fine. Riot please stop your gendered slutshaming

He lusts for victory okay

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

archduke.iago posted:

Man, what the gently caress. That's straight up 20% less DoA for this split. :(

It is the exact same amount of DoA since they used to broadcast two days a week.

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness
Neither Monte nor PapaSmithy are play by play guys. Hopefully that works out.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

kingcobweb posted:

reminder that some koreans call him pedoboy because of his name

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Flameingblack posted:

That's the same complaint Maple's last team had about him. Some people don't change. Maple will be ugly forever.

And now he's the temporary ADC for Misfits while Jebus is having visa problems. Source

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Killed By Death posted:

Jebus hosed his visa up, so Maplestreet will sub for Misfits during the challenger qualifiers
Can't wait for this to lead to Alex Ich being denied the LCS due to no fault of his own again :smithicide:

Promiscuous -> PromisQ

It's just challenger qualifiers, I'm sure they'll be fine. Maple isn't completely awful.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Wol posted:

It's just challenger qualifiers, I'm sure they'll be fine. Maple isn't completely awful.

Yeah, hes actually been able to do some things on Team8 in the last split.

Also he has a pre-existing synergy with Remilia (they duoed a bunch together).

Yuran M. Bazil
Jun 20, 2008

I feel like Lustboy just kinda got grandfathered in if he entered the competitive scene in like season 4 that name would have to be changed

E: also yeah Maplestreet is totally decent enough to at least loving get them into the challenger league

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Yuran M. Bazil posted:

I feel like Lustboy just kinda got grandfathered in if he entered the competitive scene in like season 4 that name would have to be changed

E: also yeah Maplestreet is totally decent enough to at least loving get them into the challenger league

I doubt it, I mean Riot got annoyed at sneaky for telling people "Welcome to my butthole" when they subscribed to his channel and told him to stop doing that.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
God bless and welcome to the big dick club

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Sexpansion posted:

http://www.dailydot.com/esports/alphadraft-seed-venture-capital/

David Stern jumping into e-sports (even if it's just at an investment level) is pretty weird and hilarious.

Hey! I wrote that :)

Also, a little more info on that, it seems to be his first major public investment since retiring, pretty cool. AlphaDraft has some smart people, based on the few times I've interacted with them. Growing fast, lots of potential. Only time will tell if the market can support this much VC but it's not our problem if it can't so

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Frgrbrgr posted:

Hey! I wrote that :)

Also, a little more info on that, it seems to be his first major public investment since retiring, pretty cool. AlphaDraft has some smart people, based on the few times I've interacted with them. Growing fast, lots of potential. Only time will tell if the market can support this much VC but it's not our problem if it can't so

Eh, I think that Alpha can go very far without being subsidized by Riot. No matter what the rules are for the Alphadraft stuff, the LCS will always be the "top tier" no matter what Mr Stern desires to make himself a new NBA.

Xenogenesis
Nov 8, 2005

Yuran M. Bazil posted:

Calax posted:

I doubt it, I mean Riot got annoyed at sneaky for telling people "Welcome to my butthole" when they subscribed to his channel and told him to stop doing that.

And Sneaky's full name was originally "SneakyCastroo"

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Allyn posted:

:lol: both of these teams are so bad, jeez

e: Najin were about 2-3k up and all of a sudden are down 5k. Nice job guys

Flameingblack posted:

Somebody needs to save Duke from Naijin. He looks like he could be on a top 4 Korean team.

I watched the Najin/Anarchy set this afternoon.

Duke and Ohq are both so good. The rest of Najin sucks. Najin seems like the Dignitas or Coast of Korea now or something. I would replace everyone on their team except those two and just see what can be worked out.

It's so weird too because at one time I would have said that Ggoong was on the level of the very best mid laners in Korea and now he has like one good game out of every 5 or 6 and the rest of the games he just quietly loses lane. He got loving destroyed by Mickey from Anarchy today which is hilarious.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
So Anarchy is looking like a pretty good team!

They're fun as heck to watch.

e: I find it funny that Mickey did all that with the wrong runes (took his AD page)

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 07:13 on May 21, 2015

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Anarchy is the cloud 9 of korea, they are just showing up and whooping dudes

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I don't know if beating NaJin amounts to much or if styling on Ggoong means Micke is actually good or not. He actually fell really far behind on LB in game one in a lane against Kassadin which isn't great.

I love Duke, he's one of my favorite top laners. OhQ is like Mundo in that he goes where he pleases and I find that appealing, I enjoy ADCs who don't give a crap.

NaJin has a sub for everyone on their roster except for Duke.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Coco throwing shade at Mickie and every non Faker/Easyhoon mid in Korea

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
hey friends is anyone doing fantasy this split?

i made a thing come join it

http://fantasy.lolesports.com/share/join/league/747879/1QxKSN1ckZj036fZMk9m

nobody claimed the grand prize of stinger akali off me last time so c'mon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
New thread!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3721471

• Locked thread