Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I'm going to keep this OP short for now and update as I figure out how best to run something like this. We'll call it Beta Testing for now.
This is a little thing I made up as sort of a backwards Row52-esque junkyard matchmaking service. Everyone's been in that lovely spot, when you need a part that's unavailable or assrape expensive new and the junkyard runs just keep coming up short.
So here's how this poo poo works. You fill out this little form here:
http://goo.gl/forms/MGWKsyjl7T
And simultaneously make a companion post in this thread (which you'll be linking to in the form) with your location (state/province/region), how far you're willing to get the part shipped from, and any other information that's relevant to identifying and removing the part.
Your info then pops up on this spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11K-J3A_xEEwr78yK7BF8jS6BhVDQwMoZC7ODcnzipNc/edit?usp=sharing
so that everyone knows what to look for when they go hunting. If you find something on the list, fire off an email to whoever needs it.
When you've got your part (or if you have some sort of issue) send an email to AIJunkregistry@gmail.com and I'll take it down or fix whatever's gone wrong.
Just a quick note, there's no actual limit for the in-spreadsheet part description but just try to keep it as short as possible to avoid loving the spreadsheet- save the lengthy stuff for your post.
And as for the link, the easiest way I've found to link to a specific post is to quote yourself, hit preview and copy the URL you get from the top of the quote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

reserved

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

In to try this.

I want a 2000-2004 outback rear wing for under 100 shipped.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Obligatory: This is all at your own risk, there's nothing I or anyone else on the forums can really do if the part you get isn't the part you want or anything like that.

Tommychu posted:

And as for the link, the easiest way I've found to link to a specific post is to quote yourself, hit preview and copy the URL you get from the top of the quote.

Imagine the mouse cursor over the # button.

IOwnCalculus fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jan 14, 2015

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Pretty cool idea! Unfortunately, I don't really need anything that can be easily shipped, so I don't know how much I'll get to play.

As an aside, if your local yards have websites with inventory, they might list VINs as well (mine does). I've been using this to decode VINs of potential victims: http://chevroletforum.com/forum/vindecoder.php . It's not just for Chevrolets. It's gotten pretty much everything I've thrown at it. If you get on a roll, it will tell you to gently caress off after 5 or 10, but give it 10 minutes or so and you're good.

msghall1229
Jan 13, 2015

Just Left of Boom!
Looking for good shape 6.2L Diesel badging for 1978-1987 Chevy c10. Also need Dash Bezel for Diesel in good shape with glow plug lights. It can be wood grain brushed aluminum or black. No electric brake knob.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Slow is Fast posted:

In to try this.

I want a 2000-2004 outback rear wing for under 100 shipped.

Got any example pictures?

That may not be a bad idea to include in all posts if its available.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Well let's give this a shot. I'm looking for a steering rack from a right hand drive BMW E30. I would really prefer the manual rack for ease of mounting.

Will look like this and be in a right hand drive car.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I don't really have a pressing need for anything at the moment, but if anyone needs stuff that can feasibly be pulled and carried by one person (under 250lbs, less than 4 feet largest dimension, less than 100 dollars outlay) from the Cumberland/Johnston RI or Millis MA yards that are listed on row52.com, let me know. If it won't fit easily in a shippable box, call it pickup/dropoff only, but if it is shippable, I can send anywhere... eventually. No money changes hands till I have a tracking number to send.

Stuff I am half rear end looking for: 98-00 Forester front right door, in canyon red pearl (01-02 have a similar but not the same red, so be careful!) with as few small dents/scratches as possible. Tan cloth interior preferred but not necessary. Would also love the hatch off the same vehicle.
Distance I'd like to spend money on shipping: well, not really. If you're within ~150 miles of central MA, I'll do the driving. Price: keep it in the 2 digits for each, preferably.

They come off super easy, just a 12mm ratcheting box wrench for the hinge bolts (I don't need the hinges) and a 10mm socket and ratchet for the catch strap. The wiring unplugs on the body side if you pull the boot out of the A pillar and snake the connectors out through the hole.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Car related: Black Passenger fender for a 1988 Mazda RX7 GTU

Not car related: Wilton Bullet Bench Vise 3-4" jaws

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE
This is a great idea! I live very near a particularly 'junkyardish' area of VA and very rarely need anything for me so I will do my best to find some stuff for people.

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I’m back, and for that I am sorry

Oh, man, do I need this. We don't even have a junkyard here.

Only problem I have is I mostly want stuff off of vehicles other than what I actually have, to be used on vehicles the part was never meant for. Such as:

4ea wheel hubs and lockouts (without brake rotors) off the front end of '86-'94 Toyota 4x4 pickups.
4ea front spindles that could be off any of the following: '79-'91 Land Cruisers (all models) or '79-'85 4x4 Toyota pickups/4Runners
2ea hood latches from a '97-'06 Jeep Wrangler
1ea manual steering box from an early Chevy Astro. It should look similar to a Saginaw power steering box minus the hydraulics.
2ea rear 3rd member housing (I don't need the gears or differentials) from a T100, first-gen (through 2006, I believe) Tundra, or any year non-electronic-locking Tacoma. Only 4wd models in all cases.
4ea calipers from the front end of 2005-2006 V8 4x4 Tundras or Sequoias
1ea steering column and firewall bearing from an FJ55 Land Cruiser.
1ea flux capacitor from an '81 Delorean.

I should note I'm in zero hurry and my wife would kill me if I had to pay for all of that right now while the vehicle itself is trapped 700 road miles, 2 international borders and a 100 mile boat ride away.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I guess I might as well throw this out there. This is very much an "if you run across this in your travels" sort of part and it would go unused for a while, but not unappreciated. I would happily take the front calipers off any year of CTS-V if the price is right.

Again, not a gotta-have-it item, but they would be put to good use eventually.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

While I don't currently need anything, I'd like to point out that those who do should really fill out the request form the OP provided - I'm definitely down to spend the ten seconds it takes to print a google spreadsheet and take it with me to the JY, but damned if I'm going to sort through a bunch of posts. There's two entries in the spreadsheet and seven in the thread.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

What the gently caress sort of glorious mess are you building? :stare:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Cakefool posted:

What the gently caress sort of glorious mess are you building? :stare:

- if we're lucky :getin:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Any Audi 5 Cylinder parts 10 or 20 valve.

The Driver Side Fog Lamp for a 1990 Audi 90 Quattro

AC compressor for same model and year.

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I’m back, and for that I am sorry

IOwnCalculus posted:

- if we're lucky :getin:

:sigh:

That would be it, yes.

It's been down so long the DMV even gave my vanity plates away to some jerk with a jeep.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer
All the U-pull-it junkyards in SoCal have rust free cars, but years usually range from 80's-early 2000's depending on make. I'd be happy to make a trip once a month for people who need rust free odds and ends, but I'm not really equipped to be pulling full axles and engines and stuff without some help since I make these trips alone.

Edit: Typical local junkyard find:

BoostCreep fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jan 17, 2015

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
There are -megafucktons- of 80s-90s yotas here Advent Horizion, I'll go poke around sometime next week and see what I can find for you.

Same for you too CommieGIR.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

BoostCreep posted:

All the U-pull-it junkyards in SoCal have rust free cars, but years usually range from 80's-early 2000's depending on make. I'd be happy to make a trip once a month for people who need rust free odds and ends, but I'm not really equipped to be pulling full axles and engines and stuff without some help since I make these trips alone.

Edit: Typical local junkyard find:

Hah, is that LKQ Monrovia? That fence looks super familiar. I went to the LKQ in Sun Valley a few weeks ago and it was a lot cleaner and had a much better selection.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Hah, is that LKQ Monrovia? That fence looks super familiar. I went to the LKQ in Sun Valley a few weeks ago and it was a lot cleaner and had a much better selection.

Yep! I'm always looking for a junkyard shopping partner.

Mostly to watch my back while I'm digging in an engine bay so I don't get my tools stolen.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

BoostCreep posted:

Yep! I'm always looking for a junkyard shopping partner.

Mostly to watch my back while I'm digging in an engine bay so I don't get my tools stolen.

I'm down for that - when I go it's usually Fridays. And yeah, I'm always nervous about my tools at that location because it is pretty goddamn third-world. Every other yard I've been to at least has pavement.

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

Okie dokey, I'll be looking for some parts for my 84 Jeep J-10. I won't have any money until March, but I'd like to get my hands on the following:

bucket seat brackets - not more than 100 shipped
side turn signal housings - less than 80 shipped
dome light housing - as cheap as I can get it

This is just a short list of thing's i'd like, but I'm always finding new things with this truck. I'm near Asheville NC, and I don't care to drive too far as long as I'm still in school. But an hour drive or so isn't so bad.

I'm also looking for a vehicle speed sender from an 88-93 dakota or 91-93 wrangler for as cheap as possible. It'll look like the part here: https://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=40825&cc=1087387.

e

Advent Horizon posted:

1ea flux capacitor from an '81 Delorean.
Why buy used? Oreilly's has you covered with part number 121g, or 121gmf if you want the Mr. Fusion.

JukeboxHerostratus fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jan 17, 2015

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Can't imagine there are many yard trips going on in the winter weather, but I need a couple little parts. Rear parking brake cables off a late 4th-gen F-body. Google doc has been updated.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I need the downpipe for a turbo 20v, single exhaust.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I need parts for a 1971 MG Midget, LHD model. If you see any at the junkyard, well, luckily almost everything on the car is very small and light.

I've put compatible years where appropriate

- Grille (1970-1974)
- Radio console (goes under the dash) (1966-1980)
- Seat rails (1970-1971)
- Steering wheel if in good shape (1970-1980)

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Looking for a spoiler of some kind for my BMW E21 3-series. There's a few options out there but considering how few are going to be floating around junk yards just let me know what you find.

See this link for options - http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?1940304-Boot-spoiler-options-Picture-list

Not looking for an E30 spoiler, have plenty of those laying around.

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

FILTHY CASUAL | CONSOLE PEASANT

NitroSpazzz posted:

Looking for a spoiler of some kind for my BMW E21 3-series. There's a few options out there but considering how few are going to be floating around junk yards just let me know what you find.

See this link for options - http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?1940304-Boot-spoiler-options-Picture-list

Not looking for an E30 spoiler, have plenty of those laying around.

poo poo, I had a zender one for years and sold it. I probably stripped 3 or 4 of these cars and still have one in storage waiting for an M30 transplant.

I'm always looking for E30 M42 parts, basically entire engines, if anyone sees any M42 E30s in any yards in the Northeast, I will pull the entire motor. I need all of them. ALL OF THEM.

Nascardad
Oct 22, 2009

"Racing is in my blood, I can't quite get out of it yet"
Looking for a Multifunction Lever for a 1979 Chrysler New Yorker 5th Avenue. The lever on steering column for turn signals, wipers, high beams and cruise control.

Dodge, Plymouth, or other Chryslers may be compatible. Can't find anything to confirm.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Pham Nuwen posted:

I need parts for a 1971 MG Midget, LHD model. If you see any at the junkyard, well, luckily almost everything on the car is very small and light.

I've put compatible years where appropriate

- Grille (1970-1974)
- Radio console (goes under the dash) (1966-1980)
- Seat rails (1970-1971)
- Steering wheel if in good shape (1970-1980)

Isn't everything here common to lhd and rhd?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Cakefool posted:

Isn't everything here common to lhd and rhd?

Eh, I figured I'd play it safe. But you're right, the grille should be the same for sure, probably the wheel... Hopefully the seat rails?

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 252 days!)

I'm looking for a pre-1998 Borg Warner 4405 Transfer Case. The 98+ moved VSS, so I can't use that. Rescued dog, but truck magically poo poo itself by going into 4lo down the highway at 60mph without assistance.

Not even going to try to rebuild this, I know its pooched.

Nevermind. Handling it myself, but thanks.

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Mar 20, 2015

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

Anyone ever seen any late model Corvairs or late 60's Buick wagons in their travels? I might be keen on some random bits off of either.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Looking for accessories off a 5.3L or 4.8L gen3 chevy truck motor. LM7, LR44, LQ4, LQ9, etc.

Alternator
Power steering pump (ideally with intact hoses going to the steering box)
Bracket shared by the above with idler pulley
Tensioner with bracket on the other side of the motor

The cleaner, the better, but I can't find this stuff anywhere near here so I'm not picky.

If somehow you find an actual F-body LS1, I could use its water pump if anyone is feeling ambitious.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
This is more appropriate here than the chat thread;

I need the seat belt receiver portion for both driver and passanger seats for a Nissan/Datsun 280zx

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I need range rover classic parts. The rear deck cover (parcel shelf?), and the surround that holds the fuse panel and air conditioning controls. And the knobs for the ac controls.

Willing to pay cost of part, 20 dollar finder fee and shipping if all the parts can be found.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009
Not real urgent, but if anyone happens to spot them, I'm looking for a set of center caps for OEM 14" Honda Del Sol Si "fat five" wheels. I think they were only on '93 / '94 Del Sols. They look pretty standard, but I think it's some oddball size as I can't seem to find anything from other wheel styles in the proper diameter, which is making these kind of hard to track down.

These wheels:

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Black88GTA posted:

Not real urgent, but if anyone happens to spot them, I'm looking for a set of center caps for OEM 14" Honda Del Sol Si "fat five" wheels. I think they were only on '93 / '94 Del Sols. They look pretty standard, but I think it's some oddball size as I can't seem to find anything from other wheel styles in the proper diameter, which is making these kind of hard to track down.

These wheels:

Those are the same wheel caps that were on all 90's Accords too. There should be literally thousands of them in junkyards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

BoostCreep posted:

Those are the same wheel caps that were on all 90's Accords too. There should be literally thousands of them in junkyards.

That's what I originally thought too, but after researching it a bit, the common Accord and pretty much all of the other Honda caps in this style (everything I've found anyway) look similar but are too big. Accord caps on the early '90s wheels measure about 6.6" in diameter. The ones I need measure about 5-3/4". And we have no U-Pulls here because Long Island sucks and has too many lawyers. :sigh:

• Locked thread