Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

games out march 26th, with a live stream tomorrow https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity/posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'll give it a try when its 50% off and thoroughly patched.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Boy I can't wait to play an Obsidian game that somehow has even less QA

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

Larry Parrish posted:

Honestly I haven't played a game that was actually worth $60. My pile of mapgames got several hundred hours between them though so I guess they were. They were like $80 a piece all together including DLC.

no video game is worth $60.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Nihnoz posted:

http://www.matrixgames.com/store/483/Command:.Modern.Air.Naval.Operations.Wargame.of.the.Year.Edition

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
it looks interesting and i have it on my steam wishlist for future review

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Nihnoz posted:

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
this games going to be epic

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe
i'm p excited

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Nihnoz posted:

Secret of Mana was well worth that with the included multitap adapter back in the day.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

This is not the way to go about getting a wizard staff named after the Imp Zone in the game.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

world in flames :unsmigghh:

(the game has neither ai nor online multiplayer and still costs $100)

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

world in flames :unsmigghh:

(the game has neither ai nor online multiplayer and still costs $100)

I didn't even know it came out lol. I guess that's why.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
this will be one of the last good non nintendo games to come out this year

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Secret of Mana was well worth that with the included multitap adapter back in the day.

Secret of Mana wasn't that great.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Golden Goat posted:

Secret of Mana wasn't that great.

It was amazing and my brother and my best friend and I shared some good times with it playing together.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

It was amazing and my brother and my best friend and I shared some good times with it playing together.

I had a similar experience but with the sequel. We then tried Secret of Mana and it wasn't as fun.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Golden Goat posted:

I had a similar experience but with the sequel. We then tried Secret of Mana and it wasn't as fun.

Are we talking Legend of Mana or the one that never got a Western release? Because both of those are really good and I can see why playing SoM after those would do that.

The crafting system in LoM drove us nuts though.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Are we talking Legend of Mana or the one that never got a Western release? Because both of those are really good and I can see why playing SoM after those would do that.

The crafting system in LoM drove us nuts though.

Sorry Seiken Densetsu 3 I meant and yeah we were probably expecting the same experience in Secret of Mana.

Man I want to play a Secret of Mana game again.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Fungah! posted:

game looks good. 44 thread's barely readable because it's all one dude pretending to be an unpaid dev but i preordered a while back + am stoked

This ^. I backed it on kickstarter, but cannot stand going into the thread in games because of this one loving guy who insists on writing lengthy sperg-fest posts about technical minutiae. Jesus guy, make your own drat RPG.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i gave them 35 bux for this and i hope it's good. i haven't read anything about it though, because the thread in games makes me want to die and while i'm sure the posts they put up on their ks page is very informative and thought provoking on the nature of world building and game design or w/e i'd prefer to just experience that stuff as presented in the game

i have shadowrun which is a unity kickstarted game and it's just okay, so i don't know, i guess i'll just have to wait and see but my expectations are pretty neutral but hopeful.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mitochondritom posted:

This ^. I backed it on kickstarter, but cannot stand going into the thread in games because of this one loving guy who insists on writing lengthy sperg-fest posts about technical minutiae. Jesus guy, make your own drat RPG.

yeah lol you can tell he's sitting in his chair thinking "if this was MY game this wouldn't behappening" in every post, it's kind of funny

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i dont read that thread are you making bad jokes about rope kid or is there actually someone like that in there

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3593502&userid=194732&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

beta comes out around page 5 or 6 and he kicks into supersperg mode. rope kid implemented a couple of his suggestions and now i think he's on the world's smallest power trip

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Fungah! posted:

beta comes out around page 5 or 6 and he kicks into supersperg mode. rope kid implemented a couple of his suggestions and now i think he's on the world's smallest power trip

lol

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
He has 17 pages worth of posts

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

He has 17 pages worth of posts

over a hundred posts more than rope kid and almost two hundred more than the next guy

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

first post and he's just name droppin. i like that.

hey chris, how's carrie? heh, yeah eric's a trip

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

apparently he also posts a lot about this game on another forum, possibly two other forums. or more

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i hope he ends up liking it

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I hope I remember my username and password for the website so I can get my copy of the game

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

elf help book posted:

i hope he ends up liking it

I am eagerly awaiting his inevitable review where he claims "This would have been GOTY IF ONLY THEY LISTENED TO ME". There is almost 0% chance he will enjoy it after obsessing over a beta release of a video game for nearly a year. I feel bad for Ropekid, who must have to deal with hundreds of these guys on a daily basis.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
While I feel like criticism is good and that it has helped PoE become better because god drat did early beta suck donkey dick, this guy has made it into his job despite getting paid literally nothing for it. In fact, he has paid them for the privilege of it all. So I dunno what gives but he should give it a break for a while.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mitochondritom posted:

I am eagerly awaiting his inevitable review where he claims "This would have been GOTY IF ONLY THEY LISTENED TO ME". There is almost 0% chance he will enjoy it after obsessing over a beta release of a video game for nearly a year. I feel bad for Ropekid, who must have to deal with hundreds of these guys on a daily basis.

It's a beta you dumb oval office. You're supposed to complain about poo poo.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yeah dumb as this human being is he's 100% definitely made the game better so w/e

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It's a beta you dumb oval office. You're supposed to complain about poo poo.

smh, there's complaining about poo poo and making 40 minute long youtube videos of narcissistic grognarding. I'll bet your'e one of those that thinks the loss of THACO was a crime.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mitochondritom posted:

smh, there's complaining about poo poo and making 40 minute long youtube videos of narcissistic grognarding. I'll bet your'e one of those that thinks the loss of THACO was a crime.

Yeah one if them is actually useful to professional developers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

i looked at the official poe forums once and saw like 5 topics entitled "Sensuki's ideas for x game mechanic" and "Sensuki's ideas for y game mechanic" or whatever. like really, you're referring to yourself in the third person in order to give your many, many threads a name brand

• Locked thread