Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bamboo Blade is a decent kendo show. It isn't super involved in the sport, it's clearly mostly a gag anime, but the kendo is still what the show's about, not just window dressing, and the gags are actually pretty funny. The dub is also good, especially for an early 2000s show with a mostly female cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

GorfZaplen posted:

I am very interested in watching/reading this, but the only translation I can find is lacking, to say the least. I'm also curious if you know of any ways to watch Tiger Mask in english!

I know a bit of Japanese, so I sat down and read them with my dictionary. I've also done kendo, and I watch Japanese wrestling all the time, so even when I didn't really understand it, I still got the gist of it. Tiger Mask 2 (the sequel where an orphan the original Tiger Mask raised becomes Tiger Mask after the original dies) has both an Arabic and Italian dub if you can understand that.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I've watched episode 16 of Haikyuu at least 5 times so watch and read that you fuckers.

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
Haikyuu 141

Big Windup 108 was also translated today, meaning that from chapter 53 onward there's no longer a gap in the translation.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Here is a diagram of How Boxing Works, courtesy of Ring ni Kakero

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Are there any non-Eyeshield 21 American Football anime?

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014
RRR is a really good boxing manga.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I would like to say that I enjoy Baby Steps and wish it would come out faster.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Supinamarada! - ice hockey

15 year old Shirakawa Ro was on the path to becoming an olympic figure skater. He abandoned this dream when the day before a national competition his mum, a former Olympic hopeful and Ro's lifelong coach, was killed in a car crash. Ro and his twin sister Haruna are forced to travel across the country to live with their estranged grandfather in the small town of Tomakomai. Struggling to come to terms with the loss of his only parent, his home, and his sole focus in life, Ro has little interest in skating. Until he meets the Genma brothers who, like much of the town, are totally obsessed with ice hockey. Ro soon becomes caught up in their dream to take a Japanese ice hockey team to the international stage, and by finding a new goal Ro begins to overcome the tragedy of his mother's death.

This is really dope SO FAR, but fair warning: only three chapters have been translated and no one seems to have picked it up.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Supinamarada

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Go is technically a sport. Hikaru no Go is definitely a sports manga.

Judo is definitely a sport. Yawara! is also a classic shojo manga besides being a sports manga, which is a pretty rare combination. It also is one of the few manga that was successful enough to influence the real world.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Yawara ain't no shojo manga. Use your eyes.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
It'd be fantastic if pretty much anything in the OP was translated.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Literally The Worst posted:

It'd be fantastic if pretty much anything in the OP was translated.

Major, Kinnikuman, Captain Tubasa, Slam Dunk, Whistle and Giant Killing are all in English.

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
Anyone else been reading the boxing manga Rikudou? The translation suddenly picked up speed this week. I've been enjoying it, although it hasn't gotten past the point where all the fights are one-sided yet.

The white-haired guy is the protagonist.

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

Is there any car racing manga/anime besides Initial D?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Hungry Bit posted:

Capeta, and I think it's licensed somewhere? If not there are other means of course

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hungry Bit posted:

does redline count

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

WeeabooJudas posted:

It just ended a couple of days ago. The finale was arguably what it should have been, but opinions are mixed on the execution from what I have seen.

Enjoyed that one a lot! Liar game by the same author is ending soon too if you follow that.

A lot of things I like are ending :(

Any link to the end of Shamo? Latest one on batoto is from last July.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
I am mad as hell that I can't find any Yowamushi Pedal scanlated beyond Volume 27. Apparently the raws are floating around up to volume 38. I need more bike manga, and I don't think I ever saw more than a couple chapters of Overdrive being done (and poorly)

The fact that it has taken more than 20 volumes for one three day stage race is a little brutal though. I was hoping for it to be more Ippo like and show their growth over a longer period of time.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Cross-posting from the Seinen thread, Teppu has finally updated again. Just in case you weren't sure that Eyebrows is completely insane.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

DoubleDonut posted:

Cross-posting from the Seinen thread, Teppu has finally updated again. Just in case you weren't sure that Eyebrows is completely insane.

I hate you so much. Really enjoying it but now I have to wait for more.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

DoubleDonut posted:

I read the first chapter just now and Jesus Christ eyebrows chick is a bitch

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Smoking Crow posted:

I read the first chapter just now and Jesus Christ eyebrows chick is a bitch
yeah, it's great

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Are there any non-Yarawa judo manga

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

Are there any non-Yarawa judo manga

There's Kurenai Sanshiro, but it looks like the only subs/translations are in Spanish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KATUtMphCyM

e: There's an italian dub too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeDeMVHrSO0

e2: Calling this "sports" is really stretching it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Kingmenu subs has done the first two episodes of Kick no Oni, an anime loosely based on real life kickboxer Tadashi Sawamura. It's Kingmenu so the subs and overall quality are just a step above bootleg, but I find his boundless enthusiasm for obscure old anime really endearing.

https://kingmenu.wordpress.com/2015/05/20/demon-of-kick-boxing-ep-01-invinclble-sawamura-2/

• Locked thread