Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

epitasis posted:

spider-man in thps2 was the peak of original american art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

I'm going to use this thread to talk about snowboarding games too.

SSX3 was probably the best of the bunch because you could start at the top of the mountain, put some music on, and spend the next 30 minutes busting tricks and grinding pipes on your way to the bottom with no loading screens.

SSX that came out a few years ago had some really terrible tracks but also some really good ones and the multiplayer was pretty cool.

the newest ssx was cool and dumb because you could use the wingsuit to beat all of your friends speed records on most of the tracks. the gimmicks were bad though except for the stay in the sunlight tracks, those were neat challenges

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

wasnt there a tony hawk game with a jedi/sith lord in it

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

You could be Vader iirc

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Busta Chimes.wav posted:

the newest ssx was cool and dumb because you could use the wingsuit to beat all of your friends speed records on most of the tracks. the gimmicks were bad though except for the stay in the sunlight tracks, those were neat challenges

Yeah that's why I mostly stuck with the trick competitions. Also sometimes they wouldn't let you use the wing suit and then it was more of a challenge to beat people. Watching goons' ghosts and trying to improve upon their routes was real fun.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I think I might play ssx tonight

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

wait, they actually made one that showed x-ray injuries, sniper elite style?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

Yeah that's why I mostly stuck with the trick competitions. Also sometimes they wouldn't let you use the wing suit and then it was more of a challenge to beat people. Watching goons' ghosts and trying to improve upon their routes was real fun.

the big all-player trick competitions they had made it fun to improve on your run and try to keep in the platinum tier or maybe it was diamond idr. wonder if those are still running

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK6HgZDTV94

Shumagorath posted:

wait, they actually made one that showed x-ray injuries, sniper elite style?

In Skate 3 there was a hall of meat mode that did this

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ssx2 tricky was extremely my poo poo, every other entry in the series was lame

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Oh wait, it was pro skater 3 you could be darth maul

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Oh wait, it was pro skater 3 you could be darth maul

And Jango Fett. Or was that 4?

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Give Pat a Job posted:

Boarding games without Rodney are bullshit

punk rock Rodney Dangerfield gets no respect these days.

YIFFY HIGHSCHOOL
Jan 21, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdmWvQl3keA

i swear to god i remember an oingo boingo song being in this game but i must have hallucinated that

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

YIFFY HIGHSCHOOL posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdmWvQl3keA

i swear to god i remember an oingo boingo song being in this game but i must have hallucinated that

This video contains content from SME, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
They making a next gen Skate game yet?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I love skateboards they make me feel so good!

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsxtW5HJuyk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

• Locked thread