Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
So I was watching Vinnie's LP channel and found his video on a new game Heavy Bullets from Devolver Digital.

Devolver Digital's Official Heavy Bullets Page
YouTube Link to Vinnie's LP (one of the more tolerable LP-ers in my opinion)

Devolver Digital is probably best known for Hotline Miami. After watching the LP I grabbed the game, and while the graphics aren't extremely high end, they are very stylized and wow is it a lot of fun.

Overview
  • Works on PC, Mac, and Linux (Steam and Humble Bundle)
  • $9.99
  • Levels are randomly generated - different play experience every time
  • Computer requirements are fairly minimal - should run pretty well even on netbooks

Quirks
  • As started before, levels are randomly generated
  • You start with a gun and six bullets - you pick up bullets you've fired and have a limited supply
  • Death is permanent
  • Money deposited in banking terminals carry over from game to game

I'm going to add more to the OP later, but I want to get back to the game!

Couple of tips for new players:
  • Turrets can be killed by shooting the battery box hooked up to them
  • ATMs and vending machines can be blown up by grenades or enemies exploding
  • Some enemies like snakes emit sounds on their own, especially some of the more hidden ones
  • Diamonds and ore can be sold at an ATM machine

Three-Phase fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jan 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Everything about this looks pretty great. I'm surprised I didn't hear about this game until now.

Hopefully this game isn't too close to Eldritch, another rogue-lite shooter with bullet scarcity.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

DoubleCakes posted:

Everything about this looks pretty great. I'm surprised I didn't hear about this game until now.

Hopefully this game isn't too close to Eldritch, another rogue-lite shooter with bullet scarcity.

I think the only thing I saw (and I didn't play Eldritch) was that you can save money between runs, and bullet scarcity. (You can pick up and re-use bullets in this game, it's sort of like a nerf gun!)

• Locked thread