Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

she sucks, shes really bad i fckn hate her!!! maybe im wrong idk but god drat

how the fucccckk do i play her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
plug in a second controller and use another character to kill poo poo for fi while she's on her missions.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

The Taint Reaper posted:

plug in a second controller and use another character to kill poo poo for fi while she's on her missions.

im using her on fi-restricted adventure missions man

i need some real advice from someone not named taint reaper

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Fi is good, you need to always have her bar filled up though.

Try not to do the extremely long finisher very much, it wastes way too much time.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Evil Eagle posted:

Fi is good, you need to always have her bar filled up though.

Try not to do the extremely long finisher very much, it wastes way too much time.

how do you keep her bar filled

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Press the button that fills the bar up.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Evil Eagle posted:

Press the button that fills the bar up.

-__- basic attacks or what? her bar goes up and down while im fighting and im not sure why

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Dexters Secret posted:

-__- basic attacks or what? her bar goes up and down while im fighting and im not sure why

There's a button that makes her turn into a sword that fills the bar all the way up. I don't remember which one does it.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Dexters Secret posted:

just pressing strong attack fills up the bar and it goes down over time, just fill it up every now and then and use her b>y combo to juggle if you have to fight generals.

but yea she blows

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Evil Eagle posted:

There's a button that makes her turn into a sword that fills the bar all the way up. I don't remember which one does it.

That's X with the default controls.

For Fi her best move by a longshot is the one where she turns into a sword and spins in the air. I think it's like YYYYYX. It's really good at clearing crowds and damaging giant boss weak points.

For every character you should buy all their combo badges ASAP as well as the badges that make them damage weak points more. Those are by far the most vital ones IMO.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Honestly, Fi kinda sucks but there are worse characters. Zant in particular is my least favorite because he just doesn't have any good moves. Every single one of his moves seems to have a long rear end animation, no invincibility frames, and deals poo poo damage.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i use the zelda controls so i attack with b and combo with y but anyway

okay i see how the sword moves work, kinda annoying how fi needs to stop sliding along the ground COMPLETELY for it to activate and then it fucks up my camera.

also another annoying think is her hookshot move really loving blows a lot of the time i use it she doesn't even hit the enemy

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Silver Striker posted:

Honestly, Fi kinda sucks but there are worse characters. Zant in particular is my least favorite because he just doesn't have any good moves. Every single one of his moves seems to have a long rear end animation, no invincibility frames, and deals poo poo damage.

spin to win, bitch

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Silver Striker posted:

For Fi her best move by a longshot is the one where she turns into a sword and spins in the air. I think it's like YYYYYX. It's really good at clearing crowds and damaging giant boss weak points.

is that the one where theres like red green blue orbs that she absorbs because yeah that's the best one.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I didn't really use the weapon attacks much but the Arrow one is good because it will momentarily stun enemies so you can do that when their weak point gauge is hittable for a little extra time. The best thing to do in general though is to launch them during their weak point vulnerability because they can't start blocking in the air. Fi's launcher is YX, I believe.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Famous TV Dad posted:

is that the one where theres like red green blue orbs that she absorbs because yeah that's the best one.

ok yaeah that seems to be working pretty well. any other stuff i should know about

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Dexters Secret posted:

ok yaeah that seems to be working pretty well. any other stuff i should know about

Whenever you try out a character experiment with just their strong attack uncomboed. For several characters its a neat ability or a gimmick that gives them a lot more power.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

I really hate how she has to move around as she attacks because i keep running into fire and poo poo and im trying to get a good damage taken rank...

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Oh a pro-tip is that blocking is actually really good in this game. You can block most really annoying attacks. Not Volga's for some reason, though.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Dexters Secret posted:

I really hate how she has to move around as she attacks because i keep running into fire and poo poo and im trying to get a good damage taken rank...

her combos have lots of invincibility frames and she's pro at dodge cancelling, what adventure mode map is it?

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

It might be the one where you have to fight Volga and Agorok at the same time, which I thought was the hardest Fi map by a landslide.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Aerolfos are giving me a LOT of trouble. normally, when you hookshot one from out of the air they get grounded and are immediately vulnerable. HOWEVER for some reason this does not work for Fi. when she hookshots them they don't fuckin care

then I have to fight The Imprisoned and it's insanely hard not to take damage fighting him because Fi won't stop loving moving.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i loving hate this character she is so annoying to use. all the disadvantages of epona without the ridiculous loving damage that epona does

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

try pushing the same button over and over like in every other musou game retarded rear end bitch

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

just use special attacks to waste the imprisoned's toes, if you have the badge that gives you two special bars or a couple of triforce shards laying around to stock up with it makes him more tolerable, and he's big enough that fi can just sidle up to him and combo without sliding off; he's still a bitch tho.

if you don't have her upgraded weapons I would recommend beelining for them as it makes a big difference.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i wish the cube girl was my giflriend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

No Such Thing posted:

just use special attacks to waste the imprisoned's toes, if you have the badge that gives you two special bars or a couple of triforce shards laying around to stock up with it makes him more tolerable, and he's big enough that fi can just sidle up to him and combo without sliding off; he's still a bitch tho.

if you don't have her upgraded weapons I would recommend beelining for them as it makes a big difference.

i think i'm just going to have to try to A rank this later because not taking damage is seriously difficult with a character that won't sit still, however i am doing much better now as her

ok thanks for the help imp zone goodbye!!

• Locked thread