Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Is there going to be a physical copy made? I want a physical copy of this.

Just incase PSN goes down and is gone forever and Steam shits itself out of the universe's own rear end in a top hat, I want a physical copy as backup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

The Taint Reaper posted:

Is there going to be a physical copy made? I want a physical copy of this.

Just incase PSN goes down and is gone forever and Steam shits itself out of the universe's own rear end in a top hat, I want a physical copy as backup.

get the second call of duty from Goodwill, print out a new cover, burn Grim Fandago onto a disc, and never touch it again. I have also had this idea for other games, and it has been defeated by my cynical laziness time and time again

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Schnedwob posted:

Why should I care about this when Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty, an actually remastered version of a better game comes out late February?

Well, for one, a person can care about more than one game at a time. For two, 'New n' Tasty' is a garbage crap remake that changes a lot of the game design for the worse and features ugly new art and sound, whereas Grim Fandango remastered is content with presenting the game largely unaltered.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

conceitedguy posted:

Grim Fandango remastered is content with presenting the game largely unaltered.

something about "remastered" and "largely unaltered" in the same sentence is givin' me an awful bad case of Schafe Chafe.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Have you already played Grim Fandango Y/N?

If yes, then I guess you can pass.

If no, why?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Mr Tastee posted:

Have you already played Grim Fandango Y/N?

If yes, then I guess you can pass.

If no, why?

im the third option: played the demo a bunch of times and know all that dialogue with the robert frost balloon guy.

but when i got the full game some months later it crashed during install every time and i never played it.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

conceitedguy posted:

Well, for one, a person can care about more than one game at a time. For two, 'New n' Tasty' is a garbage crap remake that changes a lot of the game design for the worse and features ugly new art and sound, whereas Grim Fandango remastered is content with presenting the game largely unaltered.

thank you

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YihIROZoQo

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Schnedwob posted:

something about "remastered" and "largely unaltered" in the same sentence is givin' me an awful bad case of Schafe Chafe.

When you get the "remasters" we've gotten over the past several years then "largely unaltered" sounds to sound extremely loving win.

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

Schnedwob posted:

Why should I care about this when Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty, an actually remastered version of a better game comes out late February?

hate to break your bubble but New n Tasty is hot garbage. Going to have to stick with the old games I'm sorry

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Mr.Fahrenheit posted:

hate to break your bubble but New n Tasty is hot garbage. Going to have to stick with the old games I'm sorry

wait, what'd they do to gently caress up new 'n' tasty? I know they made it scroll as opposed to the old screen-based style, but what other than that?

also, I liked Stranger's Wrath, so take my awful opinions with a grain of salt

Silver Striker posted:

When you get the "remasters" we've gotten over the past several years then "largely unaltered" sounds to sound extremely loving win.

fair, fair. I just think the Grim Fandorgo one looks sort of uninspired. As stylized as the game is, new models (done right) would have really improved upon the aesthetic

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I never got to play the original Grim, so this game is like a super awesome thing, to me. I bought the game

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Is Grim Fandango actually any good? Or is it just another adventure game with zany humour where halfway through the game you have to backtrack to the starting room and pick up a fork off your dining room table so you can pull a meatball out of a tailpipe and get Fast Eddie to move his car?

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Buck Turgidson posted:

Is Grim Fandango actually any good? Or is it just another adventure game with zany humour where halfway through the game you have to backtrack to the starting room and pick up a fork off your dining room table so you can pull a meatball out of a tailpipe and get Fast Eddie to move his car?

It's exactly that.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

MarioTeachesWiping posted:

It's exactly that.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Buck Turgidson posted:

It's great, and the humour isn't zany like the earlier LucasArts games. It's more like a series of society laughs with nice music. Not much backtracking, since the story moves you on places.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Buck Turgidson posted:

it's superb and well designed.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i like grim fandango

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
I just bought this on PS4. Grim Fandango gives me so many good memories back when I was a kid and played this game. I think it really holds up quite well and the dialogue is one of the best in videogames IMO.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Doesnt oddworld new and tasty have in game adverts for another game

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Schnedwob posted:

wait, what'd they do to gently caress up new 'n' tasty? I know they made it scroll as opposed to the old screen-based style, but what other than that?

Don't know much myself, but I know they upped the Mudoken count to 300 a la Exxodus, but they didn't actually add more areas, so they just added more mudokens to various rooms, making a lot of the puzzles needlessly frustrating.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Atoramos posted:

Here's another image, I actually took this one:

Darker than doom 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Pewdiepie posted:

Darker than doom 3.
I like film noir, too.