Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Lastdancer posted:

Just diving into this thread because I heard this game finally hit "release" and I'm downloading it now to try it out. Boy I sure hope those tons of issues I had with the game when the first playable builds were released have been ironed out and they've finally settled on a proper, good progression system!

here's the thread you want for that, this thread is shitpost central until it's locked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the last sputterings of a dying starbound

FluffySquirrel
Oct 26, 2010
Well, so far my experience of it has been:

Oooh, nice intro
Gotta get the core fragments still? :(
30 minutes later. Well, got the core fragments and got back up, that's certainly a half hour I've not had to waste 3 or so times already and is horrible and tedious
Hmm, niftier outpost
Oooh, a story!
Oh I died.. still 30% pixel loss still I see.. .. and.. I dropped a ton of items, what the hell? :argh:
It defaults to terraria mediumcore.. I did not notice this. I now don't really want to play on this character
I also don't want to spend an hour getting back to where I was.. collecting core fragments. Again

1 hour 20 minutes was my count before the game made me want to stop playing it. A new record I think

I might try again tomorrow. Unless someone has a change difficulty mod on steam

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

FluffySquirrel posted:

Oooh, nice intro
30 minutes later. Well, got the core fragments and got back up, that's certainly a half hour I've not had to waste 3 or so times already and is horrible and tedious
Hmm, niftier outpost
Oooh, a story!
Oh I died.. still 30% pixel loss still I see.. .. and.. I dropped a ton of items, what the hell? :argh:
It defaults to terraria mediumcore.. I did not notice this. I now don't really want to play on this character
I also don't want to spend an hour getting back to where I was.. collecting core fragments. Again

1 hour 20 minutes was my count before the game made me want to stop playing it. A new record I think

well there is "Starbound but it makes that weird tim allen grunt when enemies die" mod on the workshop. is that good enough?

FluffySquirrel
Oct 26, 2010

BillmasterCozb posted:

well there is "Starbound but it makes that weird tim allen grunt when enemies die" mod on the workshop. is that good enough?

I already just subscribed to that one yeah, but I'm gonna be optimistic, and hope someone has made a 'chest with 20 core fragments right by the portal' mod by tomorrow. Either that or a mod that lets you change your difficulty on a character or something. Hmm, wonder if it's just a flag in a text file I can change, not sure how character data is stored, might have a look into it

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

FluffySquirrel posted:

Oooh, nice intro
Hmm, niftier outpost
Oooh, a story!

i havent even played the game in a really long time but you're most likely autistic

FluffySquirrel
Oct 26, 2010

I AM BRAWW posted:

i havent even played the game in a really long time but you're most likely autistic

Shame the thread is already made, Starbound: you're most likely autistic is pretty catchy

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

FluffySquirrel posted:

The difficulty is stated plain as day in your char's .player file, but for whatever reason if you edit it the character is no longer visible to the game. I think I'm just going to recreate mine.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Afraid of Audio posted:

yeah well blame this palooka

Wait, why am I a palooka now?

Edit: I think I get it now :negative:

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jul 22, 2016

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I'm probably gonna wait on some confirmed to be stable for launch jitters "Unfuck Farming and Tree Growing" Mods, just for starters.

Sure I could just Admin command myself everything like the Devs do every time they show off the game to avoid the actual gameplay getting in their way. But I liked making fun farms for snacks and cakes and cool neon melons and growing my own self sustaining lumber to keep expanding my Sci-Fi log cabins without clear cutting the nth random planet.

Throw in some terraria style "Health regenerates when out of combat" so I'm not spending the majority of my time choking down bandages every single second their heal over time wears off, because I have hundreds of hitpoints and all the other healing methods are either a complete bitch, money sink, or still can't keep up with how often you are nickel and dimed in-

BillmasterCozb posted:

nice

ok so, food will rot, it does NOT stack, combat still has damage-on-touch (requiring you to rush into your enemy with your weapon while also not doing that), you drop all your poo poo on dying, and it has potion sickness on top of that.

starbound: game bad so what

Section Z's predictions about his future reactions back in what, 2012 posted:

My expectations going into the Unstable. That just like the old stable, I would think everything not related to combat or survival is really cool, while anything related to combat and survival needed a lot of work to approach "tolerable", let alone enjoyable except for anybody who thinks the devs can do no wrong or refute any dislike with "You filthy casual, this game should be more like darksouls".

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Starbound is mediocre.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Vib Rib posted:

Starbound is mediocre.

someone once said the worst thing any media can be is mediocre.
You are atleast interesting when you're bad

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Game good yet? y/n

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
I'm actually having some fun once I got the ship repaired and can explore at my leisure. First new world I explored, found a sewer dungeon full of poo monsters, and at the end of it was a chest with a flamethrower :iia: .
Maybe I just need a new computer, but the performance isn't great, fps drops a lot during rain or other weather effects. I don't have this problem in Terraria.

I'm glad I started on the casual difficulty so I don't need to eat. Food not stacking is pretty inconvenient.

PixoPoxo
Dec 11, 2006
Am get!
Any goon servers up yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

SGR posted:

Any goon servers up yet?

yes, check The New Thread!

And now that I've linked The New Thread, it's time to take this thread out behind the shed and old yeller' it

See you in The New Thread, lads!

• Locked thread