Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

lmao:

Moron from Gamefaqs posted:

If your evasion skills are top-notch and you’ve got good
reflexes and the ability to shoot everything in sight then the Screw Attack is
another waste.

alright, so if you're basically metroid jesus, then don't get screw attack. ok bud :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

AHungryRobot posted:

lmao:

alright, so if you're basically metroid jesus, then don't get screw attack. ok bud :thumbsup:

fuckin' lol

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Maybe the author is assuming the readers are using an emulator and can save state or lower the game speed or something. I'm playing this on a GBA god dammit :argh:

E: Update: I finished it last night on my first attempt :lol:. Now time for Hard 100% in less than two hours!

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Mar 19, 2015

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

What's the deal with the shinespark blocks with no run up in Zero Mission? I've come across like four different sections where I've no clue how I'm meant to break through, is there some obscure special tech I'm missing?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I am metroid jesus.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

A Steampunk Gent posted:

What's the deal with the shinespark blocks with no run up in Zero Mission? I've come across like four different sections where I've no clue how I'm meant to break through, is there some obscure special tech I'm missing?

If you do a horizontal charge and hit a slope you can continue running. Rinse and repeat until you reach your destination.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

I am metroid jesus.

Hello

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my favorite zero mission item is the super missile where you have to chain two shinesparks in ball form across four screens

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i believe it's called "ballsparking," ralp

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Y-Hat posted:

gonna teach my next gf/bf all about ballsparking

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nah I'm metroid Jesus

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Y-Hat posted:

that's a dumb word and I only reluctantly used the also dumb word "shinespark" at all because it's canon from the computer saying it in the secret fusion room

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Ralp posted:

that's a dumb word and I only reluctantly used the also dumb word "shinespark" at all because it's canon from the computer saying it in the secret fusion room

iirc it was coined by fans and Nintendo adopted it lol

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mak0rz posted:

iirc it was coined by fans and Nintendo adopted it lol

aha I find that extremely plausible

blakyoshi
Feb 17, 2011
Ha.
Hahaha.
Aaaahahahahahaha!