Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I have read one or two articles on Joystiq in my days. It's a real shame they never learned how to spell joystick correctly.

quote:

AOL To Lay Off About 150 People, Mostly In Sales; Folding Joystiq, TUAW Into Engadget

Some more details are emerging around AOL’s reorganization plans. Sources tell us that the company will lay off around 150 people, with the majority in sales. As part of it, AOL is also consolidating some websites. Gaming site Joystiq and Apple news site TUAW are both being folded into Engadget, and AOL Autos has already been folded into blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
http://techcrunch.com/2015/01/30/aohell/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Nooo. Haha. No oooooooh!

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
I'm more surprised to hear that AOL still exists.

Dec 26, 2012

cool i guess

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
gamergate is changing gaming as we know it. we are all in this together folks.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2Z2CklSxM0

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

now we just need to get kotaku shut down and we're home free

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Nooo. Haha. No oooooooh!

lmfao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Nooo. Haha. No oooooooh!

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

This took longer to load than it took to play lol nostalgia over weird poo poo

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
Take a hike back to YOSPOS you poo poo head OP

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Nooo. Haha. No oooooooh!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

quote:

In Q3, AOL made $454.5 million from advertising revenues (combining AOL properties display, AOL properties search and third-party platform), which worked out to about 73% of all of its $626.8 million in revenues for the quarter. But if you look at the company’s profit, it is currently driven not by its advertising business but by its subscriptions revenues (eg its legacy dial-up business and other paid services). The Membership Group posted adjusted operating income of $139.2 million, while Platforms posted an adjusted operating loss of $600,000, and the Brand group had adjusted operating income of $17 million

Dial-up in the year 2015

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Fargield posted:

Take a hike back to YOSPOS you poo poo head OP

But I don't post in YOSPOS?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Heran Bago posted:

I have read one or two articles on Joystiq in my days. It's a real shame they never learned how to spell joystick correctly.

http://techcrunch.com/2015/01/30/aohell/

What's this have to do with #Gamers Gate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Ohgod if this is a gamers game thing I am going to get so banned

NOTHING TO SEE HERE FOLKS

• Locked thread