Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Ah, looks like he dragged some fanboys over from YOSPOS. Need I remind you he literally has his own gang tag in YOSPOS, in case your thinking I'm just making up stuff on the spot.

You're encouraging some of the worst posts I've read all day. I hope you're proud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You're encouraging some of the worst posts I've read all day. I hope you're proud.

lmao

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'm not going to lie. Having a female gengar to suck me off would be pretty handy.

Now that's what's hosed up.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

goldmine

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

also i don't have gamespot here. give me a gengar code as well

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
My one and only shiny pokemon that I got legit through the game was a shiny ghastly, and now everybody had a chance at a shiny mega-gengar, this is bullshit.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I've never seen a non random shiny and i've beaten all the generations except 3 which I still played maybe half of.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
*in games voice* the shiny gengar i got had loving stupid bullshit ivs and nature so i took my little sisters ds and tried again... still no good ivs! now my mom locked me out of the house,

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Can't you soft reset to get the right is and nature.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Besides, event pokemon aren't for battling, they're for collecting.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I actually don't care about ivs or natures or whatevs. Pretty sure event pokemon always have the same stats.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

If you breed a shiny, does the child have a higher chance of being shiny?

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Wait, pretend that was a bad and moderately offensive post.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I've never seen a non random shiny and i've beaten all the generations except 3 which I still played maybe half of.

Red Gyarados at the lake of rage.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

ForeverSmug posted:

If you breed a shiny, does the child have a higher chance of being shiny?

I think so

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Someone make that gyarados but with a red fuuuu face

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

That's not random you fool.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I've never seen a non random shiny

Knuc U Kinte posted:

That's not random

???

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

So if you breed a bad IV Shiny event Mon you have a higher chance of getting a good IV event Mon, yeah?

Wouldn't that also mean Red Gyarados could provide premium shiny sperms? Although I think everything only passes through the mother, and I think Red Gyarados is only male.

Idk, i know the shiny variable used to be based on IVs but became its own thing in...G3 I think? Idk I don't play Pokémon

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

There was something called the Masuda method that dealt with breeding for shinies but my gaming adhd never let me check it out much.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I meant to say random

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I meant to say random

I forgive you

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

If you collect all the Pokemon you get this thing called a shiny charm that doubles your chances of getting a shiny. Masuda method is just breeding with pokemon from different language games which is why japanese ditto are sought after.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

If you collect all the Pokemon you get this thing called a shiny charm that doubles your chances of getting a shiny. Masuda method is just breeding with pokemon from different language games which is why japanese ditto are sought after.

Is that all the pokemon total or just in whatever region's specific dex?

The last shiny I got was a shiny Magnemite bred off of a ditto with a gibberish name so that makes sense. Thank you for the clarification.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Is that all the pokemon total or just in whatever region's specific dex?

The last shiny I got was a shiny Magnemite bred off of a ditto with a gibberish name so that makes sense. Thank you for the clarification.

All pokemon total. The reward for collecting region as of xy is the Oval charm which makes egg hatching faster.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Collecting pokemon ftw. The new dex nav thing in omega ruby ftw.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I got a skitty with wish right near the start what the gently caress are they feeding the super tall grass pokemon

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

HEY

Hey

hey

titty

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I got a skitty with wish right near the start what the gently caress are they feeding the super tall grass pokemon

Dex nav is so good for crazy abilities and moves. Shroomish with drain punch yes please.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

"Drop a duke on me plums."
- Knuc U Kinte, to the Gengar in a craigslist ad.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
I can gen you a Shiny Gengar if you want OP.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i got an aron with head smash and rock head

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Dex nav is so good for crazy abilities and moves. Shroomish with drain punch yes please.

I panicked for half a second then I remembered drain punch got buffed last gen and doesnt trigger technician anymore

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

qnqnx posted:

I panicked for half a second then I remembered drain punch got buffed last gen and doesnt trigger technician anymore

What's the cutoff for technician? I got a level 1 Scyther with technician off a wonder trade yesterday and might end up using it in my team to take on the daunting second gym leader, Brawly.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

What's the cutoff for technician? I got a level 1 Scyther with technician off a wonder trade yesterday and might end up using it in my team to take on the daunting second gym leader, Brawly.

under 70 iirc Up to 60
If you need netal coat (scizor ftw) you can go dexnav magnemites in that route with cicling road

qnqnx fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Feb 2, 2015

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

qnqnx posted:

under 70 iirc Up to 60
If you need netal coat (scizor ftw) you can go dexnav magnemites in that route with cicling road

I do indeed need metal coats and magnemites. Does the dexnav do anything to increase shiny rate?

I need another shiny magnezone.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I do indeed need metal coats and magnemites. Does the dexnav do anything to increase shiny rate?

I need another shiny magnezone.

I think it does but in that area the dexnav is even more annoying with the cant find a pokemon bullshit
Also get a surskit to level 13 for sweet scent, magnemite out of dexnav only shows up in swarms

I will also need a shiny magnemite, to replace the one that went missing with my Y cart

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

If you hosed a ditto would it lay a human egg?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I meant to say random

That confused me.

• Locked thread