Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Goddamn, you found a GIF of Tide really quick.

cursedshitbox posted:

1. same. but too late to say that

I'll file that under "list of things I didn't need to know about CSB".

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Mar 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

Tide posted:

You know what? Every Friday or Saturday, I am going to host a WARYDTAI thread.

Let's be honest here. Do any of us really wait until Friday/Saturday to get this drunk?

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

Fucknag posted:

boring loving cocktail. aggravation is what it's called apparently, just think white russian with whiskey replacing vodka.

not even that good whiskey, just plain old evan williams.

Also this sounds loving gross. I love whiskey and I love white russians. The two should never meet in the middle.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Quite A Tool posted:

Also this sounds loving gross. I love whiskey and I love white russians. The two should never meet in the middle.

you are soft

e: uusername accurate

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Quite A Tool posted:

Let's be honest here. Do any of us really wait until Friday/Saturday to get this drunk?

I prefer to do it during the week, so I'm not wasting my own time feeling like poo poo.

That said, how much I drink also depends on how much I enjoy said drink. Cheap beer? 12+ in a night, and by that I mean in under four hours. Good beer? I can nurse a 22oz bottle for a couple hours.

If I want to actually get drunk, I can't eat all day long. It's p much the only way to move past a buzzed stage for me.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

some texas redneck posted:

Well gently caress. The data usage reset at midnight local time, but I got it from 13.1 to over 15 gigs in a hurry. I always thought it went by pacific time, since anytime I was late on a payment (prepaid account, so if I'm late, it gets shut off), the phone would crap out around 2-3am. I'm going to finish this documentary (which is probably going to land me on a government watchlist, it's about Edward Snowden :ninja: ), and see if it kills my tethering for the month. It has 45 minutes left, and I'm sure I can find another documentary on HBO's website to test this out.

I'm up to 4.6GB 6.4GB since midnight. No reduction in speeds, no "gently caress YOU, YOU WENT OVER YOUR 3GB TETHERING CAP" poo poo.

I'm gonna say PDANet's "Hide Tethering Usage" checkbox works.

e: Downside is the USB port on my phone is so broken that it's not even keeping it topped off, it's slowly discharging while plugged into my laptop. One angle lets it charge, the other angle lets it get data and heats up the plug (and makes the phone say "12 hours until fully charged"). Next time I get paid, I'll order a new USB board for it, it looks really easy to replace going by YouTube videos, compared to most phones.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Mar 1, 2015

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

iwentdoodie posted:

If I want to actually get drunk, I can't eat all day long. It's p much the only way to move past a buzzed stage for me.
I don't eat all day, (never been an eater since I've always been a fatty - yes even before I drank*) and still takes a whole bottle, ie a fifth, to get tipsy.

*probably why I drink - part of the reason why life is poo poo. I did nothing but eat gently caress all and exercise until I was about 23, and results weren't there. Then I gave up and smoked during the day instead of eating, and drank at night to make it all go away (and sometimes instead of eating too.)

E: saw a corvair rampside truck today in perth on stirling hwy. Looked mint/restored, didn't get to pick out if it was LHD or RHD though.

In other news, my greedy arse brother is taking an interest into my stripped rx3. He figures they are worth 30k now, wants to finance me 10k for a rebuild for a 15k return if I supply everything and contract out the work (since I only have $300 to my name, but the car, a few motors and a shitload of spares).

Bad idea because 1) might not get that much, 2) might go over budget, 3) once you advertise one then you have to be paranoid about it getting stolen, let alone deal with tyre kickers, 4) never do financial deals with family, 5) I don't get to keep it obviously...

gently caress it, I'll leave it to him in my will and he can do all the work, finance it and give 10-15k/half the proceeds to my kid/partner when I'm gone.
Kind of insulted he doesn't think much of my rx4/929 project and wants me to dump it too. They handle better and are nicer to drive.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Mar 1, 2015

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
loving Swype/autocorrect

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Negromancer posted:

Meanwhile in Seattle, they are lower speed limits because apparently pedestrians not knowing how to cross the street means that cars need to drive slower!

Those are some pretty major roads that people use to commute all over the city and some of which never have pedestrians on them. I love this city and have spent my entire life here, but I'm starting to lose my patience with how its changing.

My entire city is a 25 mph zone except outer areas. 20 mph outside of schools. I'm pretty convinced the morons who plan out our roads don't even drive on them. There are roads that are wide (4 lanes), center separated, obviously constructed for a way higher speed, where the speed limit is 25. Also when they lowered the speed I'm pretty sure they didn't bother to sync up the traffic lights so constant stop + start driving is unavoidable. And on top of all this they're spending millions of kronors this year on new speed bumps. :sweden:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Tide posted:

loving Swype/autocorrect

Yes that's clearly the problem.

Got a panicked call from work earlier, vacuum leak in a machine, no o-rings (3x1mm). The only place I can get them is a suppliers warehouse in Dudley. Getting them delivered to work will be £100 and they'll get there midday tomorrow.

So I just drove to Dudley and got passed a baggie through the car window outside an industrial estate, planning to go in early and fit them before production starts tomorrow.

Unsurprisingly got stopped by the police :haw:

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
They're going to figure that was a test drop and run your plates all the time now. :v:

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Oh good god help me. I'm stuck at work with a big whiny baby and can't go on deliveries because there's only two of us in the store.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

I'm not a big drinker at all, but I like good whiskey and for some reason I can drink a poo poo load of it before I get drunk, but if I drink four beers I'm drunk as hell. I don't get it.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
It must be March everywhere by now, someone who's better at witty titles than me, go make a new chat thread.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Any of you guys play Forza5? I have been working my way through the various class races and now I have hit the fun poo poo, S-class. Built an R32 TOUGE MONSTER and its awesome. I don't play it online much because I don't enjoy having my race/sexual orientation/etc questioned by teenagers, but I would certainly play it with some of you fine gents.

It's also helping me a little with the cabin fever of another rotten michigan winter, because basically all I want to do is be outside in the warm sun fiddling with my cars and I can't.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 279 days!)

Marchpost. :c00l:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

I thought you quit posting here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003