Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

this game is like XCOM only you only seem to control guys from a more over the shoulder perspective but for some reason its a lot slower...

Dexters Secret fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Feb 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i spend a ridiculous amount of time staring at nothing while the enemy moves unseen, and it doesn't let me speed it up...

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
how gently caress u demo a dd platform thats already out

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

THE PENETRATOR posted:

what?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I'm likely going to buy this game, since it's Intelligent Systems but idk. I'm hoping that it's actually difficult and has more strategy than the recent X-Com game did. It never felt like the terrain actually affected anything since it would just get destroyed the second anyone fired anything.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Austrian mook posted:

It never felt like the terrain actually affected anything since it would just get destroyed the second anyone fired anything.

this remains true in project steam im afraid, in fact it seems like terrain is even more irrelevant due to the abundant explosive rounds. and it's pretty weird that overwatch lets you take MULTIPLE actions now instead of just one...

but honestly the thing that's killing it for me is it just takes SO LONG for the enemy's turn... so crazy loving long...

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i tried pressing ALL the buttons to try to make the enemy's turn go faster but none of them workd

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
so...is it fun?

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i did not have fun. i just kept wishing i was playing xcom. your mileage may vary.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
kind of had a feeling this game would turn out bad. hopefully the full version is better.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

you know how in xcom you'll watch aliens move around from your top down view? well its kind of like that only since you have a over the shoulder perspective you dont see anything unless its in your field of view. so if the full version just gives me a button so i don't have to stare at NOTHING HAPPENING for 17 seconds (i timed it) after i move closer against a full map of enemies, it might be fun.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

I'm likely going to buy this game, since it's Intelligent Systems but idk. I'm hoping that it's actually difficult and has more strategy than the recent X-Com game did. It never felt like the terrain actually affected anything since it would just get destroyed the second anyone fired anything.

have you tried xenonauts? i thought that game was pretty fun despite my guys being utterly incapable of figuring out how to throw grenades in interior environments.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Idk how it plays but from everything I've seen of it the art design is absolute rear end

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

It's actually comparable to Valkyria Chronicles rather than either the old or new X-COM.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

New XCOM stinks though.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

It sounds like XCOM FBI edition :yikes:

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

DICKHEAD posted:

New XCOM stinks though.

do you enemy unknown? i thought it was pretty fun

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Austrian mook posted:

I'm hoping that it's actually difficult and has more strategy than the recent X-Com game did. It never felt like the terrain actually affected anything since it would just get destroyed the second anyone fired anything.

:yikes:

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Swelter Discharge posted:

do you enemy unknown? i thought it was pretty fun

I mean it was okay, but it had a few big issues that prevented me from really loving it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

From the demo the game seems like it could be fun. I agree the art looks like rear end though.

• Locked thread