Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/4/7977963/fcc-net-neutrality-victory

The FCC's move to reclassify broadband as a telecommunications service under Title II of the Telecommunications Act is a wonky legal maneuver — when I talk to people in Washington, they're amazed that so many people throughout the country know what it is and have demanded it so loudly. And it was demanded, and loudly: the FCC's computers crashed multiple times under the commenting load, John Oliver sent the entire agency into a tizzy, and eventually the president stepped in to reassure the people that they had been heard. Just a few months ago the FCC was still figuring out how to allow fast lanes and slow lanes, and the internet protested again — this time through newly motivated tech companies and an entirely new constellation of advocacy groups dedicated to preserving the open internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

John Oliver got people to ask for a thing, and now its happening i guess?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

A couple days ago:

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
i am neutral on the whole regarding the internet

on one hand it is a wonderful tool that allows everyone to express an opinion, sell their talents and learn from the best schools

on the other hand theres your posting

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

poty posted:

on one hand it is a wonderful tool that allows everyone to express an opinion, sell their talents and learn from the best schools

this is very true and perplexing statement

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
But this means that ISPs can't dynamically adjust flows based on traffic type -an idiot

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

nutted but im still lagging

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
shaggar come forth

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

i still don't understand this

why can't i understand this

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

Cat Face Joe posted:

i still don't understand this

why can't i understand this

subscriptionpackages.jpg

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!

Migishu posted:

subscriptionpackages.jpg

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
count the number of companies in that image that don't exist/aren't relevant anymore

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

i'm the free social

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i wonder how figgies were in the check that google sent to john oliver

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

poty posted:

but the balance seems clear poty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

NoneMoreNegative posted:

nutted but im still lagging