Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yeah, it's not because of Netflix, but AMC. I'm not saying it's going on here, but I hear a lot of people bitching about Netflix availability, and they don't realize that if Netflix had their way, all items in the catalogue would be available worldwide.

They have been extensively cracking down on VPN's in the last month or two. It's now practically impossible to access a foreign countries Netflix for me without a full on proxy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Shbobdb posted:

Ask your Chinese friends how to set up a VPN so you can make America great again!

Getflix.com

You can do it for free by signing up for a trial every 2 weeks by adding a . to your gmail. So ab@gmail, a.b@gmail, it all goes to the same place and takes 30s fortnightly.

Not technically piracy either. Australian government departments are actually pushing to have this sort of thing get written into copyright law as being perfectly acceptable because geoblocking is some hot bullshit. You should be asking us, we are the biggest media pirates as a nation after all.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Rhea Seehorn not getting an Emmy nomination for Best Supporting Actress is a loving crime.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Didn't even get nominated? :wtc:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Rumour is that Michael McKean pulled some strings to not have her get nominated.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Rumour is that Michael McKean pulled some strings to not have her get nominated.

Very nice :golfclap:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Emilia Clark deserves it more than her.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

She was in terminator tho, and it was bad.

I just started watching Game of Thrones and she is good so I'm like super confused.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

But she's the worst actor on the show :confused:

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
She's bad in Game of Thrones as well. Like really bad, except when she's shouting in one of the fake languages.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Maisie Williams is also terrible. GoT did not deserve three spots in that category, and one of them should have gone to Rhea :sigh:

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Does Game of Thrones even have any leading roles?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

sout posted:

Does Game of Thrones even have any leading roles?

Jon Snow (Kit Harrington) would be the closest thing to that.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Maisie Williams is also terrible. GoT did not deserve three spots in that category, and one of them should have gone to Rhea :sigh:
How is she terrible? I mean, there's only so much you can do with the script you're handed. (Which goes for Clarke too, perhaps to an even greater extent.) To Maisie's credit, she did actually improve it by pointing out parkour and gut wounds don't mix, making a ridiculous chase sequence slightly less ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying either are necessarily super brilliant, but the writing really doesn't do them any favors.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Eh, Clarke is really wooden whenever she's not screaming something in a foreign language and the only emotions she can do are slightly angry and extremely smug. I agree the script doesn't help her much but she doesn't do a good job at all with what she has. Her character got popular and has been coasting since season 1 and I can't think of a reason why she should have been nominated this year other than (current GoT season spoilers) she's finally going to Westeros. Maybe her talk with Tyrion when she gave him the Hand pin? It's crazy to me that Rhea wasn't nominated over her.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

How is Dany 1) not a leading role and 2) considered "good acting"

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

GobiasIndustries posted:

Eh, Clarke is really wooden whenever she's not screaming something in a foreign language and the only emotions she can do are slightly angry and extremely smug. I agree the script doesn't help her much but she doesn't do a good job at all with what she has. Her character got popular and has been coasting since season 1 and I can't think of a reason why she should have been nominated this year other than (current GoT season spoilers) she's finally going to Westeros. Maybe her talk with Tyrion when she gave him the Hand pin? It's crazy to me that Rhea wasn't nominated over her.
Like I said, I'm not saying she's amazing or anything, just pointing out that script (and direction) can influence a performance (and the viewer's perception of the same), a lot. The directors could literally have been telling her to act like she does, and for all anyone who's watching knows that's just her being a bad actress. Plus, like you said, her character has been coasting since like forever ago, that's hardly conducive to putting much effort into your acting either.

None of which means I think she should be nominated for anything, unless there was an award for "Potentially Better Actor Than We See On The Screen, Maybe, Struggling With A Plodding Plot" award.

The Shortest Path posted:

GoT is a still an ensemble show, plus the people who put people up for nominations also think strategically about things. Better to get a supporting actress award than lose a best actress one.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

Nice trolling.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

GoT is a still an ensembleterrible show,

Can we not trash up this thread about a great television series with all this talk about garbage? Thanks.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Thread was dead anyway

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Thread just went to Belize.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Wafflecopper posted:

Thread was dead anyway

What is dead may never die

I can't wait for the next season- what will Chuck do with the tape? I don't think he'll submit it as legal evidence- I think he'll give it to Kim. All we know about Saul and Kim's relationship is that by the time of BB it is nonexistent- there are only two real outcomes; she dies or moves away. That, or after Chuck threatens him, he invokes his mental incompetency thing and has him committed- which could also disgust Kim into severing ties. Can't wait!

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Kim died in the plane crash RIP.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Yeah, RIP.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Kuiperdolin posted:

It was her legs sitting in that dude's garden.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

The Shortest Path posted:

Welcome to Hollywood, where the Martian is a comedy and awards are a totally worthless part of a movie/show promotion and not related to reality.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Toplowtech posted:

Welcome to Hollywood, where the Martian is a comedy and awards are a totally worthless part of a movie/show promotion and not related to reality.

Could be worse, could be Grammy's.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Kuiperdolin posted:

Kuiperdolin, I want to say what a wonderful post this is, absolutely wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Harold Stassen posted:

What is dead may never die

I can't wait for the next season- what will Chuck do with the tape? I don't think he'll submit it as legal evidence- I think he'll give it to Kim. All we know about Saul and Kim's relationship is that by the time of BB it is nonexistent- there are only two real outcomes; she dies or moves away. That, or after Chuck threatens him, he invokes his mental incompetency thing and has him committed- which could also disgust Kim into severing ties. Can't wait!

Kim already knows he did it so giving the tape to her shouldn't really change anything. nah Chuck is going to try to get Jimmy disbarred.

• Locked thread