Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SeXReX posted:

The exact mechanics of how zora swimming worked was always kind of odd, they change slightly between the Japanese and English releases.

In the original j release you have to dolphin dive up to the platform with the owl at the great bay laboratory cause it's too high out of the water to grab.

That's cool, I would have liked more dolphin jumping puzzles.

New gyorg fight is sweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I never beat this game (never got past the stone tower), and I only remember some parts of the side quests. I beat the swamp, then I spent a cycle in clock town doing mini games and doing as much as I could with Kafei that I remembered, along with getting other miscellaneous masks here and there. The bombers notebook is really helpful if you don't have the game memorized. I'll probably do a cycle of side quests after every dungeon.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
For all the changes they made you still have to play elegy of emptiness roughly 2000 times to get into and finish stone tower, bummer.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
the collectors edition guide for this game is extremely nice

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

darealkooky posted:

For all the changes they made you still have to play elegy of emptiness roughly 2000 times to get into and finish stone tower, bummer.

This and teaching you the song of inverted time in an unskippable conversation are like the only two changes they needed to make and instead they made a dozen other pointless changes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat I forget how to do the couples mask quest. I was hoping I could pull it off on my own without checking anything. I think I know what I did wrong, so I'll try again tomorrow and see if I can save the wonderful couple.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

teaching you the song of inverted time in an unskippable conversation

Nah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like how much of a joke the final boss is if you get fierce diety. This game is still great, even if I don't like all the changes they made.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

It's good to have the fierce diety mask, and defeat Majora with it.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012
Someone needs to make an edit of this with Rules of Nature
someone probably already did

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

I really didn't want to pick up Hyrule Warriors but stuff like this is making it difficult to avoid the temptation :sigh:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Alris posted:

I really didn't want to pick up Hyrule Warriors but stuff like this is making it difficult to avoid the temptation :sigh:

make a grownup decision

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

So loving epic, what happens when you beat boss without FD mask?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

So loving epic, what happens when you beat boss without FD mask?

it's hyrule warriors not Majora's mask.

Soral
May 30, 2009

nice av treap

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
can you still do that glitch where you can have FD on outside of boss battles, or was that a cartridge tilter? i dont remember

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

klapman posted:

can you still do that glitch where you can have FD on outside of boss battles, or was that a cartridge tilter? i dont remember

you did it by rolling through a small crack in the geometry of Sakon's Hideout and then putting it on there. Idk if they fixed it, I'd be curious to try. It was kinda lame though because if you ever walked into a house you could never leave and you couldn't take the mask off lol

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Odolwa or whatever always freaked me out with his chants when I was a child.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

klapman posted:

The ways to do it before all don't work anymore but there are new ways using what's known as bottle adventure.

When you duplicate a bottle over an item the game already gets confused enough. Fairies caught in one don't auto revive you and items inside them remain after playing the song of time.

The real fun however starts with the hot spring water. Once you pick some up the game needs to store data for the timer, which it obviously does relative to whatever item slot the bottle its in is. Well that means it ends up writing over memory addresses for other things instead when you use a duplicated bottle.

This glitch can get you to turn into fierce deity and is the backbone of the warp glitches used to skip great bay temple entirely and skip directly to the entrance of stone tower tenor, skipping the need for mirror shield and elegy of emptiness.

• Locked thread