Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Judge John Hodgman is a little variable in quality, it depends on the guests and if Hodgman can get a good riff going and if Jesse doesn't say much. The episode where the host of How Stuff Works was the guest was really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

a starwar betamax posted:

just log onto uhhyeahdude. com and download all 446 hours of free podcasts

ya

Granted, I think you can only get the 200 most recent on itunes or something, but UYD is the best hands down.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
The Dollop is pretty good, it's a comedian reading a crazy story from American History to his friend. Even if you're already familiar with the story you can enjoy the firend's reaction to it.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I search iTunes. I like American football, smoking meat, and growing hot peppers and hops, so I type those into the search and see what comes up.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Dan Carlin's Hardcore History

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

yeah dan carlin is good too. common sense is good as well, however dan carlin is kind of a goofball libertarian. like south park politics on xanax

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Yeah, I don't want to suggest the politics show first. I do like Common Sense even if I think Dan is a bit nuts. After someone has listened to a few of the history shows they should know if they want to listen to his other show or not.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Croc Monster posted:

OP, I'm not trolling here but...did you try a simple google search?

I'm in the same boat as you --not knowing where to find podcasts on subjects that interest me-- so I searched on:

"javascript podcasts"
"web design podcasts"
"classical music podcasts"
"cat owner podcasts"

For each one I got tons of hits, including "best of" lists.

So...try google I guess? v:shobon:v

wow javascript that sounds like a really cool thing to listen to people talk about

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue
it is when you have insomnia :colbert:

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

posting UYD again because every other podcast is boring or abrasive or both

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
F Plus is terrible, BTW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer

boom boom boom posted:

F Plus is terrible, BTW

This is not true.

The Dollop is worth a listen. Start from the Purity Balls episodes. We Hate Movies is also really entertaining, as well as Exponent

• Locked thread