Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dec 26, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Drakengard is real bad, sorry. Music's good, though.

yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreaseMonkey
Jun 19, 2001
Endwar.... The criitics slammed it for simplicity but it was a great RTS.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009

Flanky posted:

I actually really enjoyed the DS remake of FF3. I've never heard anyone say anything positive about that game.

I like it too and am actually playing through it right now. FF3 is my favourite FF because of my malfunctioning brain.

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara
I really like dark horse games, you know, games that do something a LITTLE different, like Majora's Mask, Mario Sunshine, and Final Fantasy 6, all greatly underrated hidden gems.

GreaseMonkey
Jun 19, 2001

Nihnoz posted:

I really like dark horse games, you know, games that do something a LITTLE different, like Majora's Mask, Mario Sunshine, and Final Fantasy 6, all greatly underrated hidden gems.

Did you know there are many final fantasy games? They're all good!

Strong Convections
May 8, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

i will never forgive drakengard 2 for what they did to caim

It's okay bro, Drakengard 2 is like a 'what if' universe. The answer to that 'what if' is "it would be a really poo poo sequel to a good game".

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

GreaseMonkey posted:

Did you know there are many final fantasy games? They're all good!

If its called Final Fantasy then whyd they make so many of them.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Mario Sunshine is really good but that pachinko level is bullshit.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

serious sam 2
I didnt like it enough to finish it but it was pretty okay and not near the poo poo everyone claimed

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only guy in the room who likes Harvest Moon, though supposedly there are others

Yinlock posted:

*gives the secret hand-signal*

let's talk about soil quality, brother

Harvest Moon rules and I wish there were more chill games like that.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Bolverkur posted:

Harvest Moon rules and I wish there were more chill games like that.

Aren't the Rune Factory games like spiritual successors to Harvest Moon

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Stinking friend of the family Nuts: The Game for Nintendo DS

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

VWVWV posted:

I don't hear a lot of people talk about crystalis but I think I've seen someone here with its boxart under their username. it's one of my fav nes games; it's a better zelda II than zelda II imo

Crystalis is a really loving good game and everyone should download it for their emulator of choice.

NickRoweFillea posted:

am i misremembering or did they remake that for the game boy color

This version was terrible. They changed the awesome music, the final boss, and the ending and they are all way worse and it was just a disaster. They added a dungeon, though. I kinda want someone to mod that dungeon into the original.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Gravy Boat 2k
Uncharted 2

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

Aren't the Rune Factory games like spiritual successors to Harvest Moon

They don't really have the same feel imo

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Stinking friend of the family Nuts: The Game for Nintendo DS

Deez

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

For some reason today I remembered a kind of fun mech shooter from a few years ago called Exteel. It had a decent variety of weapons and mech parts, albeit rather poorly balanced, and good movement and pacing. Practically nobody played it, though, and I doubt its servers are still up. I recall it had rather poor net code, too.

I wish there were more mech combat games for pc, both the lumbering Mechwarrior types and faster ones lik Virtual On, Armored Core, etc.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

That DmC: Devil May Cry game. Haters gonna hate, but it is fun as poo poo.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

surc posted:

That DmC: Devil May Cry game. Haters gonna hate, but it is fun as poo poo.

i dont like it one bit but thats the point of this thread, so good job

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
Clayfighter

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

two worlds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surc
Aug 17, 2004

NickRoweFillea posted:

i dont like it one bit but thats the point of this thread, so good job

ty, I took a minute to really think about the games I enjoy and pick one which I thought other people would actively dislike, so I really appreciate that it worked.

• Locked thread