Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Safety Dance posted:

Out of curiosity, is there a scan tool I could use to calibrate the speedometer / odometer on my 2006 Cayenne, in addition to usual scan tool stuff?

My Autel 880 won't do it. Durametric won't do it. I'm assuming the factory stuff will but I haven't gotten it working yet. Would love to get this done. I also need to make it stop dropping to "normal" suspension height whenever I exceed 50 MPH because I can not make parking lot turns at normal height without my tires hitting the fender liners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Do you frequently find yourself going 50mph in parking lots? :grin:

E. I know what you mean. I'll ask my independent Porsche mechanic if he can calibrate the speedo

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Apr 14, 2024

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Lol yeah, the problem is obviously that is STAYS at normal height after exceeding 50. As opposed to hitting 70 or 80, where it drops one below "normal" and returns to normal after you're back below that speed to some extent.....haven't checked the exact fdigures.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Well Friday my Boxster dropped a lot of coolant out as I pulled unto my driveway. It seemed to come out at the cap in the trunk, so I bought a new one and grabbed some of the pink radiator fluid to top it off. Took a quick ride around the block and it did it again, so it was not the cap. Going to the shop this week for diagnosis, I need a lift and tools if I am going to continue owning this thing :(

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Isn't a cracked coolant tank one of the 986's fun gotchas?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

It sure is, and it's no fun at all to get at.

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Got the 987.2 out of hibernation today. Been sitting in a garage for six months and it fired up and was ready to go like it's just been sitting overnight. I sure missed my baby. Hoping Porsche will release a PCCM for the .2 soon so I can get Carplay and poo poo. The 987.1 was designated "classic" last year so we'll see when mine is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Car passed the pressure test so a thermostat replacement is in process. Fingers crossed this is the last thing holding me back from a lovely summer of fun drives...