Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeccaPrime

:coffee: i like a hint of caramel in my cup o' joe - it warms me up after a long day working out in the cold

chill and share your coffee/tea experiences here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
SUP

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

MeccaPrime

what's your poison, bud?

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
Tea is far from poisonous friend. In fact, tea can boost exercise endurance. Scientists have found that the catechins (antioxidants) in green tea extract increase the body’s ability to burn fat as fuel, which accounts for improved muscle endurance. Drinking tea could help reduce the risk of heart attack. Tea might also help protect against cardiovascular and degenerative diseases. The antioxidants in tea might help protect against a boatload of cancers, including breast, colon, colorectal, skin, lung, esophagus, stomach, small intestine, pancreas, liver, ovarian, prostate and oral cancers. But don’t rely solely on tea to keep a healthy body — tea is not a miracle cure, after all. While more studies than not suggest that tea has cancer-fighting benefits, the current research is mixed. Tea helps fight free radicals. Tea is high in oxygen radical absorbance capacity (“ORAC” to its friends), which is a fancy way of saying that it helps destroy free radicals (which can damage DNA) in the body. While our bodies are designed to fight free radicals on their own, they’re not 100 percent effective — and since damage from these radical oxygen ninjas has been linked to cancer, heart disease and neurological degeneration, we’ll take all the help we can get. Drinking tea is linked with a lower risk of Parkinson’s disease. When considered with other factors like smoking, physical activity, age and body mass index, regular tea drinking was associated with a lowered risk of Parkinson’s disease in both men and women. Tea might provide protection from ultraviolet rays. We know it’s important to limit exposure to UV rays, and we all know what it’s like to feel the burn. The good news is that green tea may act as a back-up sunscreen. Tea could keep waist circumference in check. In one study, participants who regularly consumed hot tea had lower waist circumference and lower BMI than non-consuming participants. Scientists speculate that regular tea drinking lowers the risk of metabolic syndrome (which increases the risk of diabetes, artery disease and stroke), although it’s important to remember that correlation does not equal causation. Regular tea drinking might also counteract some of the negative effects of smoking and might even lessen the risk of lung cancer (good news, obviously, but not a justification for cigs). Tea could be beneficial to people with Type 2 diabetes. Studies suggest that compounds in green tea could help diabetics better process sugars. Tea can help the body recover from radiation. One study found that tea helped protect against cellular degeneration upon exposure to radiation, while another found that tea can help skin bounce back postexposure. Green tea has been found to improve bone mineral density and strength. Tea might be an effective agent in the prevention and treatment of neurological diseases, especially degenerative diseases (think Alzheimer’s). While many factors influence brain health, polyphenols in green tea may help maintain the parts of the brain that regulate learning and memory.

Though most research on tea is highly positive, it’s not all definitive — so keep these caveats in mind before stocking up on gallons of the stuff:

Keep it cool. Repeatedly drinking hot beverages may boost the risk of esophageal cancer. Give tea several minutes to cool off before sipping.

All tea drinks are not created equal. The body’s access to the good stuff in tea might be determined by the tea variety, canning and processing, and the way it was brewed. Regarded for thousands of years in the East as a key to good health, happiness, and wisdom, tea has caught the attention of researchers in the West, who are discovering the many health benefits of different types of teas. Studies have found that some teas may help with cancer, heart disease, and diabetes; encourage weight loss; lower cholesterol; and bring about mental alertness. Tea also appears to have antimicrobial qualities.

“There doesn’t seem to be a downside to tea,” says American Dietetic Association spokeswoman Katherine Tallmadge, MA, RD, LD. “I think it’s a great alternative to coffee drinking. First, tea has less caffeine. It’s pretty well established that the compounds in tea – their flavonoids – are good for the heart and may reduce cancer.”

Tea is a name given to a lot of brews, but purists consider only green tea, black tea, white tea, oolong tea, and pu-erh tea the real thing. They are all derived from the Camellia sinensis plant, a shrub native to China and India, and contain unique antioxidants called flavonoids. The most potent of these, known as ECGC, may help against free radicals that can contribute to cancer, heart disease, and clogged arteries. All these teas also have caffeine and theanine, which affect the brain and seem to heighten mental alertness. The more processed the tea leaves, usually the less polyphenol content. Polyphenols include flavonoids. Oolong and black teas are oxidized or fermented, so they have lower concentrations of polyphenols than green tea; but their antioxidizing power is still high. As you can see, I am an expert at tea -- brewing and consuming. PM for any questions. Thanks. Have a blessed day.

----------------

MeccaPrime

was merely turning a phrase so to speak to ask what your favorite type was, but i appreciate the information :buddy:

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
Oh. I prefer Green Tea. Made with steamed tea leaves, it has a high concentration of EGCG and has been widely studied. Green tea’s antioxidants may interfere with the growth of bladder, breast, lung, stomach, pancreatic, and colorectal cancers; prevent clogging of the arteries, burn fat, counteract oxidative stress on the brain, reduce risk of neurological disorders like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases, reduce risk of stroke, and improve cholesterol levels. When Wu-Tang Clan says "protect ya neck", they were actually warning urban youth about the esophageal dangers of drinking tea that is too hot. And yours? :byob1:

----------------

MeccaPrime

i'm not often a tea drinker, but when i do decide to brew some, i definitely go for the green tea. i like how light it is and that it's probably the best for me in terms of health benefits

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
Yeah. It is. ... .. I got in a fight with mall security protesting Snapple.

----------------

Piso Mojado

yo. folgers, strong. 2 creamer cups.

Al Borland

by XyloJW
tea pls.

----------------

landy.
coffee makes me feel awful after I drink it, and I hate the taste of tea. please include other drinks in the title, thank you.

MeccaPrime

not trying to be exclusive but you can talk about any of your favorite hot brewed beverages in here (for instance - hot cocoa talk also welcome)

MeccaPrime

I would change the title but I'm not a mod or otherwise and lack the power. Just gonna sip some more java and relax.

landy.

MeccaPrime posted:

not trying to be exclusive but you can talk about any of your favorite hot brewed beverages in here (for instance - hot cocoa talk also welcome)

thanks, I love hot cocoa. I never know whether to go with the tiny marshmallows or the giant ones.

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

hot cocoa is the devil's liquor

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

thank you to whoever changed the title to be more inclusive

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
life hack for vampires - you can get blood at the butcher store idiot! you don't even need a human victim

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
what's up fluid buddies? :hfive:

----------------

Stormyish

crocoaid

google THIS

I just swallowed some of my own saliva

treasure bear

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

hot cocoa is the devil's liquor

let's go loco, get some coco, every last droplet of hot chocolate

MeccaPrime

thanks mods

*raises mug* :coffee:

Al Borland

by XyloJW

MeccaPrime posted:

thanks mods

*raises mug* :coffee:

*drinks some water.*

----------------

BIG BIC SQUAD

Brillo_Pad posted:

life hack for vampires - you can get blood at the butcher store idiot! you don't even need a human victim

you can get human blood at the butcher?

Miss Psychosis

[Sucking up the fluid] Mmm I love bugs.

joke_explainer

Aoba Seragaki posted:

you can get human blood at the butcher?

generally. most butchers spend at least 20% of their time butchering humans for rich people like Bo-Pepper who don't have the time in their day to see to cleaning and trimming all of their victims. just ask for the 'special reserve blood' and if they have any spare they'll sell it to you.

BIG BIC SQUAD
Cool, thanks for the tip mate

playground tough
im drinking ecig fluid its the only way i get a buz now

Flying Fortress

drinking and posting
posting and drinking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stik3

From President of the colonies to this.
i am drinky the doctor pepper.