Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Widdiful posted:

i for one really like the 140 character limit. it may be inconvenient and pretty stupid but i think it makes the process a whole lot more fu
n

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i signed up for twitter because of this thread and then it suggested that i might know a whole bunch of people irl who i actually know and i immediately deleted my account

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i signed up for twitter because of this thread and then it suggested that i might know a whole bunch of people irl who i actually know and i immediately deleted my account

lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
140 chars is absolutely fckin essential to twitter being worth anything at all. the ONY downside is mentioning people blows your char limit out of the water

also... tweetbot.. and mobile in general. twitter doesn't make much sense outside of mobile IMO

pram
Jun 10, 2001
sure mobile, but what about cloud echi

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
nah gently caress that cloud poo poo. i just want it accessable from anywhere, like web pages used to be, nothing eelse

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

140 characters means you can't have anything resembling a natural human loving conversation much less discuss things like an adult

it's straight-up orwellian max headroom bullshit but people call it liberating!!!!!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

echinopsis posted:

i just want it accessable from anywhere

that's how I feel about pussy, my brother :c00l:

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
Twitter should charge for every character you go over the limit. They'd make a killing imo

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

papa_november posted:

140 characters means you can't have anything resembling a natural human loving conversation much less discuss things like an adult

it's straight-up orwellian max headroom bullshit but people call it liberating!!!!!

i wish your posts had a 0 character limit

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I like twitter. I use it every day. Mostly as a news feed, though. @Goons_TXT is pretty much the best account ever; #2 is @erowidrecruiter

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Bhodi posted:

@erowidrecruiter

this are good

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I just noticed that some of my tweets show up on the webpage but not on the mobile app when I look at my username

WTF, twitter?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

owned

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
IF THE ZOO BANS ME FOR HOLLERING AT THE ANIMALS I WILL FACE GOD AND WALK BACKWARDS INTO HELL

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
the dress Color? (grins Intelligently at the hell about to be unleashed upon naive content consumers) its brown, because i wipe my rear end of it

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

dude deleted his twitter account :laugh:

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

owned

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/benjaminnorton/status/574669646785290241

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
Saw a really good tweet today. :)

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

excuse me but when is international white straight males day?? also when is the KKK rally and lynching?? also when is hitler day??

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

when is the pleasure day

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

theadder posted:

when is the pleasure day

the first Monday of hitler month

pram
Jun 10, 2001

theadder posted:

when is the pleasure day

never

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

crush the pleasure out of him

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
kool another lf thread

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
its exhilarating when u search for wrong opinions online and then u find them

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what's nov 19 I don't get the significance

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

libius severus was declared emperor of the western roman empire

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!

echinopsis posted:

what's nov 19 I don't get the significance

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Men%27s_Day

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
@unlikelylobster

i used to tweet a bunch then i deleted my twitter and then a few years later i was bored so i made a new one

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

@yard_salad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

i have 10 followers. im not sure why because they're all strangers or probably marketing bots

• Locked thread