Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
I can't recommend them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt

Update: They were made in china, feeling nauseous.

----------------

om nom nom

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Oysters raw on the half shell is the way to go, op

bacalou

boogers from the breech

drilldo squirt

om nom nom posted:

Oysters raw on the half shell is the way to go, op

These ones sucked.

----------------

om nom nom

drilldo squirt posted:

These ones sucked.

Sorry to hear that. Fresh raw ones do not.
Plus you get the satisfaction of eating a whole animal at once while it is likely still alive

Stormyish

om nom nom posted:

Sorry to hear that. Fresh raw ones do not.
Plus you get the satisfaction of eating a whole animal at once while it is likely still alive

I thought you're not suppose to eat them if they've died

treasure bear

oh well it's good to try new things

alnilam

oysters are really bad tasting imo but i'm sorry about your death-oysters op

ty manifisto

alnilam

to be clear i've tried what should have been "the best" oysters around, in northern california, in seattle, and in baltimore, and i hated them, and when i describe how gross i think they taste ("ew it tastes like solidified seawater") people who love oysters say "yes exactly!!!" so i think i'm just not made to like oysters

ty manifisto

om nom nom

Stormyish posted:

I thought you're not suppose to eat them if they've died

Alive when shucked but i would imagine to the oyster thats something like having a fingernail ripped off but half of your body and they may or may not survive that

Grass Effect

om nom nom posted:

Alive when shucked but i would imagine to the oyster thats something like having a fingernail ripped off but half of your body and they may or may not survive that

Hmm... they can flap the shells for propulsion and such, so it's got to be attached to some muscles. Imagine having your quadriceps pulled off your leg. (Worst case scenario; they probably don't even feel anything)

om nom nom

And a good shucker will use the oyster knife to cut the oyster from the half of the shell so it slides off easily. Which also probably isn't great for their surving long enough to actually be eaten live

joke_explainer

om nom nom posted:

yeah except they have no brain whatsoever so they feel about as much as a tree does

I loooove raw oysters, I can eat a ton of them, and yeah, they are generally still alive when you eat them.

om nom nom

Grass Effect posted:

(Worst case scenario; they probably don't even feel anything)

Yea i dont know the exact science but p much because they're immobile and cannot escape any situation that could kill them there was never a need to develop pain sensors

Some people who are (otherwise ) vegan are cool with eating oysters and mussels and such

om nom nom

joke_explainer posted:

yeah except they have no brain whatsoever so they feel about as much as a tree does

I loooove raw oysters, I can eat a ton of them, and yeah, they are generally still alive when you eat them.

I didnt mean they get hurt but being shucked is probably pretty intense physical trauma

E:like how much easier it is for the skin under the fingernail to get damaged cause ita super sensitive and not normally exposed to the eleme m ts

om nom nom fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Mar 10, 2015

joke_explainer

om nom nom posted:

I didnt mean they get hurt but being shucked is probably pretty intense physical trauma

E:like how much easier it is for the skin under the fingernail to get damaged cause ita super sensitive and not normally exposed to the eleme m ts

for sure. there are no vital organs in the shell exactly, but thats kind of like saying 'the skeleton isn't a vital organ', lol. but they wouldn't die instantly to having the ligament sliced that connects them. they should be alive for quite a bit until they die in your stomach, I think!

om nom nom

joke_explainer posted:

for sure. there are no vital organs in the shell exactly, but thats kind of like saying 'the skeleton isn't a vital organ', lol. but they wouldn't die instantly to having the ligament sliced that connects them. they should be alive for quite a bit until they die in your stomach, I think!

Could be. I don't know for sure I just can't avoid a good food debate :chef:

I do know that i love oysters and i feel like eating them any way besides on the half shell is a waste of a good oyster

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i used to be an oyster shucker behind the bar back in the day with my chain mail glove man I ate so many of them it was not cost effective to have me there

om nom nom

BYOB Rachel posted:

i used to be an oyster shucker behind the bar back in the day with my chain mail glove man I ate so many of them it was not cost effective to have me there

That sounds awesome i worked at a bistro that always had 3 or 4 different oysters but i cooked on the line so i only ate a few per shift, but every once in a while we got fancy luxury oysters like belon. Which are umami as gently caress and uniquely metallic amd you should keep your eye out if you haven't had one

drilldo squirt

BYOB Rachel posted:

That's a cool rear end job.

----------------

drilldo squirt

Shucking oysters is now my dream job.

----------------

om nom nom

Also i have a little scar on my left palm that was a result of lack of experience and no chain mail glove

drilldo squirt

Why would you not use the chain mail glove? Idiot.

----------------

om nom nom

drilldo squirt posted:

Shucking oysters is now my dream job.

Im thinking its a solid retirement job

joke_explainer

yeah make sure you have an oyster shucking knife if you want to shuck them. Do not try to use a kitchen knife or a butter knife

drilldo squirt

I will use a machete, and I'll make constant machete references.

----------------

City of Glompton

I tried an oyster shooter once and it went in my mouth and back into the shot glass just like that *snaps fingers*

i don't even know what it tastes like because the texture was ugh

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Damp Star Baby

Staying Legend. CA Exempt DEATH
well you're not really supposed to chew them. It's like eating an egg yolk.

does byob sign off on hot sauce and horseradish as toppings? cause this guy does! :heysexy:

I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create. - William Blake

joke_explainer

Damp Star Baby posted:

well you're not really supposed to chew them. It's like eating an egg yolk.

does byob sign off on hot sauce and horseradish as toppings? cause this guy does! :heysexy:

you can chew em a little. I like to. just break it up with the teeth a bit for extra oyster flavor.

its not really like an egg yolk tho, egg yolks are far runnier. oysters will not 'flow' no matter how you pierce 'em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damp Star Baby

Staying Legend. CA Exempt DEATH
I mean it's something that I generally just swallow and let it run down my throat. Like semen from strangers!

I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create. - William Blake

• Locked thread