Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

DrPain posted:

These people aren't looking for skilled labor, they're looking for somebody to make the MAINTENANCE REQUIRED light go away a few times before the TFI light (aka Trade that Fucker In light/check engine light) eventually comes on for an evap leak at 40k.

Toyota STILL hasn't figured out how to keep that from happening? Mom went through it with her Avalon around 50k (it's a 2003 that she bought new) to the tune of about $1500. The two indie shops we normally rely on refused to touch it, saying every time they hosed with an evap system on a Toyota it would keep coming back for the same issue, so it went off to the dealer.

Of course, it threw evap codes again last summer, but that took about an hour and :10bux: of bulk vacuum line to fix. Almost every vacuum line under the hood was split/dry rotted. I'm sure I'll get to replace the ones I didn't do last year pretty soon, probably rent/borrow a smoke machine next time.

Congrats on your future loss of sleep, er, becoming a father soon! And drop in now and then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

DrPain posted:

Updates... yeah.

I have become that which I hated, and it kind of owns. :confused:

congrats on selling your soul

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

DrPain posted:

Last Wednesday I wrote up 32 cars in a single day, and holy gently caress I can't remember what for. It's all a blur. Document everything, because I sure as hell won't remember.

At the end of the day, I'm happier working for THE MAN than being THE MAN. Also they have decent benefits like health insurance, which is important now that my wife is pregnant.

Oh yeah, I'm gonna be a dad! :toot:

Anyway. It's been real AI, I will always fondly remember the days of regaling you with bad photography of my dumpy work, but those days have come to an end.

Maintenance items and recalls. Always

Congrats! :toot:

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Congrats. I will miss you and your posts. AI will miss you.

Maybe one day you will have a cool thread about your project car or something. At least finish the Ranger to make it all it can be.

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Can we at least get a photo of bat truck and your smoker?

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.

14 INCH SLIT posted:

congrats on selling your soul

I could rationalize and argue that if I don't take their money on behalf of the machine then someone else will, but yeah, I totally sold out.

I haven't done much with the ranger or smoker lately, but I did manage to get Turbo to sit still for half a second.

I'm planning an all day brisket smoker sesh for father's day, pics will be had.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Although its not the same, I'm glad to hear you are doing alright! Congrats on pending fatherhood, and congrats on a job where you can make a little more money :)

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Congrats on the kid and the dough.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
I'm sure you'll hate the job every now and then, but it sure is nice to have a dependable stream of income and some benefits. Enjoy your family, the extra free time, and the good memories you've got from running your own shop for a while.

I DO feel that you owe us a few more dog photos since you teased us like this. They can be blurry, it sounds like the pup is a little spazzy.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
atleast with art you were fleecing people with more money than sense and not sparse amount of both

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Are the customers that awful or most just pretty clueless?

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Congrats on the new job and fatherhood. My kid is just now graduating from high school, and I have no idea where all that time went.

I read somewhere a while back that %33 of potential buyers don't even take cars for test drives anymore. Have you noticed this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Congrats on your impending dadhood, DrPain. I'm sad to see your updates go the way of the dinosaur but if you're gainfully employed and happy overall, good for you.

Brisket pix plz!!!!!!

• Locked thread