Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jerusalem posted:

This was absolutely hilarious, Cena just showing up going :haw: while all that poo poo happened around him was hilarious.

Great description of him too. It sounds terrible, but trust me it's awesome because.... because.... well just trust me, it's Ric Flair.

The Cena bit killed me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yuriy posted:

what did he do
He's a huge wanna-be PUA but sucks at it and is generally just a douche.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yuriy posted:

what did he do

http://jezebel.com/screenwriter-bro-just-might-be-hollywoods-biggest-gently caress-1440597536

A goon also had a story about him trying to get a girl to sleep with him just by saying who he is, then calling her ugly and other poo poo when she refused.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Max Landis is a huge douchebag but he's also a die-hard fan who's gone on record comparing wrestling favorably to performance art, and that video is hilarious and Good.

And I'm sure WWE creative is gonna see it because it's lighting the internet on fire, but WWE creative really needs to see it because holy poo poo, Landis just handed them some golden loving characterization that, let's be real, they never planned and don't intend to be there. HHH thinks he's Roman Reigns but is really Daniel Bryan: that's the goddamn feud, idiots, you just got a present, use it.

They're not gonna though :(

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

To be fair that falls apart because Daniel Bryan is both good and over, well at least WAS over. Bryan isn't really anything like Triple H, just Hunter sees everything he hates about himself in him because he's not the right "type" but still got over in spite of everything against that when Triple H had failed attempt after failed attempt and the company went down after there was no one else left to be on top but him.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Max Landis is kind of a skeezy dork, but that doesn't mean I can't like this good thing that he made.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Baby Babbeh posted:

Max Landis is kind of a skeezy dork, but that doesn't mean I can't like this good thing that he made.

Uh that's actually exactly what it means.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Next you'll be telling me that Chinatown is objectively a terrible movie because it was directed by the wrong person.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I haven't seen the video yet, but you've chosen a very poor form of entertainment to follow if you're reluctant to enjoy stuff made by assholes.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

CapnAndy posted:

Max Landis is a huge douchebag but he's also a die-hard fan who's gone on record comparing wrestling favorably to performance art, and that video is hilarious and Good.

It's not hard to compare favorably to people reciting poetry while making GBS threads themselves in public

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

nooneofconsequence posted:

Why isn't Stephanie played by a guy.

Where's the consistency.

She's not enough of a wrestler? I honestly don't know. She does a pretty good pedigree.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Luigi Thirty posted:

It's not hard to compare favorably to people reciting poetry while making GBS threads themselves in public

But enough about Metallica.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

quote:

[Ed. note: PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION BELOW FOR SPECIAL REPULSION]

yea i wanted to hook her up with a newly single friend of mine. she started texting me every 15 minutes and i wouldn’t respond, i told her to stop texting me. i’d be on set directing and she would be like ‘why? what’s wrong? do you hate me? i know how you guys are’ and i was like ‘what the gently caress are you talking about?’ and it immediately read unhealthy to me. unhealthy and anxious. women who are throwing it that easy – they’re not doing it because they think i’m cute, they’re doing it because they need some kind of validation. i’m a tiny, tiny bit successful, but in the scale of things you’re gonna gently caress me for no reason? i don’t see it. i’m not on that level. i’m not a rockstar – i’m not in a band, you’re not going to be in my video. the only thing you could get from loving me is getting to gently caress me, and if so, lucky you. i guarantee that’s not what any of these chicks who just throw it at me really want. granted they’ll have a wonderful time, but it’s weird. being a single guy in LA is fun as gently caress and i love it. the fact that everyone here is so good-looking is intense and good and rewarding. something about everyone around you being a little bit better looking, it puts you in a good mood. i don’t feel bad or superficial for saying that. i’m also attracted to ambition and there’s a lot of that out here. but yea being a single guy in LA is great. sorry it took me so long to answer that question.

I'm especially repulsed that he didn't gently caress the girls who wanted to scratch "gently caress a director" off their bucket list.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
What the hell is any of you even talking about? Jesus.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

RacistGuidingLight posted:

What the hell is any of you even talking about? Jesus.

some guy made a funny video and now we are compelled to discuss his worth or lack thereof as a person and representative of society for pages on end

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
I already watched and enjoyed the video so I don't see the point of reading that and trying to retroactively not like it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I think my favorite is how they summarized Batista vs HHH as Batista saying "You know I watch this show right?"

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Jamie and Silent Joe

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

projecthalaxy posted:

I think my favorite is how they summarized Batista vs HHH as Batista saying "You know I watch this show right?"

Batista slowly raising up his Royal Rumble Winner ticket and Ric quickly shushing him and pushing it back under the table was great too.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
That was the best video about wrestling ever. I'm going to make this my go to video when explaining Pro Wrestling. Yes.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

e: wrong thread. I like John Cena.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Abroham Lincoln posted:

e: wrong thread. I like John Cena.

I think you found the right place after all friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If he's a legit douchebag then he's the perfect type of person to accurately portray satire of pro wrestling.

• Locked thread