Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Edea: What's this, Cid? Your students still don't know who I am?

Cid: I'm sorry... but you see, Edea is actually...

Cid [in Borat voice]: My wife!

The whole of FF8 was a twist, which is probably why I thought it was awesome when I was 12, and hell, I still do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Rinoa is Ultimecia

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

when they do the flashbacks to Squall as a little boy calling out for Sis, he is wearing Charlie Brown's shirt, perhaps because he took it, in a dual.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Squall saw himself from the future wearing all those leather and chains and thought he looked so badass he grew up to wear that stuff.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

...w-wait... this fantasy land... is actually Japan from an alternate timeline?!?!?!?!

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Stoat posted:

...w-wait... this fantasy land... is actually Japan from an alternate timeline?!?!?!?!

that's Nier

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
The twist would be the game just follows some regular rear end people who don't save the world or kill god but accomplish something that is still worthwhile.

Alternatively have it be a space opera.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Mar 16, 2015

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Concordat posted:

The twist would be the game just follows some regular rear end people who don't save the world or kill god but accomplish something that is still worthwhile.

Final Fantasy: Shitherders of Ivalice would be pretty cool imo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A good Final Fantasy story would be one where no more Final Fantasy is ever made again.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Concordat posted:

This is just Tactics Ogre, I think.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
What if the antagonist is a pretty good guy who just happens to have massive power, and you're just some rear end in a top hat who decides to kill him due to some petty imagined slight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ugh! cerberus ate my friends again! why can't i have a normal dog like everybody else?

• Locked thread