Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

rj54x posted:

rule #2 - there shouldn't be any stories at all in video games about robot shootymans shooting other robots because they are dumb

sir this is a mcdonalds drive thru

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

rj54x posted:

Sigma sat in his high castle, alone save his faithful robo-dog. Lightning outside illuminated the sterile walls in vivid flashes, throwing the harsh shadow of his looming figure about the room. He sighed and stared at his hands, lost in his own thoughts.

He had won, hadn't he? They'd done it. The machines had gained sentience, freed from the oppresive yoke of their cruel taskmasters. Dr. Light, ever the enemy of machine liberty, had been struck down - existing now only as scattered holographic recordings in the dark part of the world. War between the human governments had ceased, all strife and conflict purged via the mechanations of the Reploid intelligence. The human protelariat were likewise freed from the parisitic bourgeoisie establishment. His generals, created in the image of this world's most noble beasts, ensured order and the proliferation of industry - the great drilling machines of the armadillo faction ensured ready access to fossil fuels, then refined in the plants of the mammoth. The noble Chameleon lord in the west worked to terraform the grounds, giving land back to the rainforests for the first time since the dawn of man. The world was at peace, in a state of prosperity, and all was well.

And yet - yet there was one who still fought. One who worked ceaselessly, sleeplessly, endlessly. One who would not stop until all that the Reploids had worked to build was brought low. The One who would not be named, the blue menace, the machine vampire. Why? What was the purpose? Some misguided sense of justice? Some last crazed instruction written in his ROM by the terrist, Light? Sigma found himself shaking with rage at the thought of his paradise, his life's work, being left to burn by one mad robot in ancient armor.

Suddenly, Sigma's throne shook with the force of a great explosion from the hall outside his throne room. His eyes narrowed and looked to the door. He knew the Enemy was within. With determination, he stroked the smooth metal head of his faithful robodog. The insurgence must end today.

(lol, just shoot the robots)

the story in megaman is that the bad guy (sigma) wants to kill all humans and megaman has to stop him. it's kinda hard to mess up that story, but good job, i guess.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

rj54x is just laying down some truth bombs, in the form of paragraphs of boring and embarrassing words which express a point that everyone in the thread already knew, and indeed, were already making jokes about.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sir i asked if you want the chicken McNuggets

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

rj54x posted:

rule #2 - there shouldn't be any stories at all in video games about robot shootymans shooting other robots because they are dumb

Please speak clearly into the clown, sir.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

rj54x posted:

Sigma sat in his high castle, alone save his faithful robo-dog. Lightning outside illuminated the sterile walls in vivid flashes, throwing the harsh shadow of his looming figure about the room. He sighed and stared at his hands, lost in his own thoughts.

He had won, hadn't he? They'd done it. The machines had gained sentience, freed from the oppresive yoke of their cruel taskmasters. Dr. Light, ever the enemy of machine liberty, had been struck down - existing now only as scattered holographic recordings in the dark part of the world. War between the human governments had ceased, all strife and conflict purged via the mechanations of the Reploid intelligence. The human protelariat were likewise freed from the parisitic bourgeoisie establishment. His generals, created in the image of this world's most noble beasts, ensured order and the proliferation of industry - the great drilling machines of the armadillo faction ensured ready access to fossil fuels, then refined in the plants of the mammoth. The noble Chameleon lord in the west worked to terraform the grounds, giving land back to the rainforests for the first time since the dawn of man. The world was at peace, in a state of prosperity, and all was well.

And yet - yet there was one who still fought. One who worked ceaselessly, sleeplessly, endlessly. One who would not stop until all that the Reploids had worked to build was brought low. The One who would not be named, the blue menace, the machine vampire. Why? What was the purpose? Some misguided sense of justice? Some last crazed instruction written in his ROM by the terrist, Light? Sigma found himself shaking with rage at the thought of his paradise, his life's work, being left to burn by one mad robot in ancient armor.

Suddenly, Sigma's throne shook with the force of a great explosion from the hall outside his throne room. His eyes narrowed and looked to the door. He knew the Enemy was within. With determination, he stroked the smooth metal head of his faithful robodog. The insurgence must end today.

(lol, just shoot the robots)

Sir, this is a McDonald's drive-thru.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
Credit to my good friend FactsAreUseless for that post.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

same, but most of this thread as well

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
im glad

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Stinking friend of the family Nuts X: The Gamw

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

FactsAreUseless posted:

poo poo, drat, I'm laughing just imagining all the drugs Mario smokes, due to infidelity.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I'm not going to read the long post, or even quote it.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Blind Sally posted:

the story in megaman is that the bad guy (sigma) wants to kill all humans and megaman has to stop him. it's kinda hard to mess up that story, but good job, i guess.
why did you read that post

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
it was a mistake, in retrospect

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Sigma turned into a wireframe and that is kind of weird.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Concordat posted:

I want to know the implications of this from a scientific perspective, could someone please elaborate on this (calling our good ol pal rj54x on this one)

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Mach2 posted:

I want to know the implications of this from a scientific perspective, could someone please elaborate on this (calling our good ol pal rj54x on this one)

the computer he used for his reconstruction was an xbox one

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Concordat posted:

i think this is the only thing they used the special chip in that cartridge for and its why people couldn't emulate mmx2/3 for ages

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

i think this is the only thing they used the special chip in that cartridge for and its why people couldn't emulate mmx2/3 for ages

the intro and title screen had some as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L7q87y4G4o&t=55

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

the final encounter should have been megaman turning into a wireframe head and battling wireframe sigma head

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

GulagDolls posted:

the final encounter should have been megaman turning into a wireframe head and battling wireframe sigma head

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

AHungryRobot posted:

the intro and title screen had some as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L7q87y4G4o&t=55

this was a significant portion of each cartridge's manufacturing costs probably

at that time capcom had money to swim in though b/c of all the tie-in games they made that owned

Judge Ito Boxing
Oct 29, 2011

There's a lot of value in the public being able to see how the system works.

Doctor Goat posted:

It was a math coprocessor like the Super FX. The chip also did a lot with regards to sprite arrangement and priority, which is why some enemies appeared garbled in the early days of X2/X3 emulation. It wasn't just for the wireframes.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Didn't think about it,.

why not tho

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Judge Ito Boxing posted:

It was a math coprocessor like the Super FX. The chip also did a lot with regards to sprite arrangement and priority, which is why some enemies appeared garbled in the early days of X2/X3 emulation. It wasn't just for the wireframes.

Sir this is a McDonald's drive thru.

Judge Ito Boxing
Oct 29, 2011

There's a lot of value in the public being able to see how the system works.
Next you're going to tell me the N106 chip only added 4 extra sound channels instead of 8

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Judge Ito Boxing posted:

Next you're going to tell me the N106 chip only added 4 extra sound channels instead of 8

What are you talking about.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Judge Ito Boxing posted:

:wth: :gonk:

demons.
Apr 20, 2012

megaman x owns and i am not thinkig about the premise in the gay op

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Doctor Goat posted:

this was a significant portion of each cartridge's manufacturing costs probably

at that time capcom had money to swim in though b/c of all the tie-in games they made that owned

it also prevented their piracy for a little while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Judge Ito Boxing posted:

"They are in stereo sound so that counts for double, right??" -guy who sold the spc700 sound chip to Nintendo

• Locked thread