Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy

I shrug faintly at that. "Mysterious ways?" I says weakly. "Maybe it was...I dunno, I assumed it was some kind of trick. You can't tell me you don't believe in weird stuff, Mara. You've seen what I can do. Felt it. So maybe it was...I dunno," I say. "Like a girl with Carrie powers or something?" I pause. Why is she being cagey? "Who was it?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Mara

"Connor." I frown then pale further as a horrible thought strikes me. "And getting back together with you may have been a narrow escape." I'd assumed his help was Orchid sending me an apology but he never actually said Orchid sent him, did he? I'll have to ask her, but not right now. Not until she's civilised again.

"And I know what you can do and what I can." I kiss her lightly. "Neither of us has a voice berating us for being a coward or punishing us when we say too much. And I heard the voice. It wasn't him."

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy

Getting back together with me. What a...specific way to put it. "I...I hope not," I says, pulling my head back to return Mara's light kiss. She can handle my gaze differently than other people....still can't get careless. It'd raise a lot of questions. Mara would probably love it, though. "So....what....we should corner him and ask him what the gently caress?" Amy asks, her brow narrowing. "Do you want to leave?"

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Mara

"What do you think I was doing just now but cornering him?" I smirk, hand sliding down her back. "Right when he was low and would want a chance to boast." I then smile, my voice dropping to something low and teasing. "And exactly what would we be doing if we left?" The simple answer is yes, I want to leave. But I don't want to retreat - leaving with Amy would be something else entirely.

neonchameleon fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jul 21, 2015

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy

"Things?" I suggests, flushing hot through her whole body. I arch my back, just because I know she likes it. My own hands stay at her hips. "We should go find him. Make him tell us what's going on, then you won't worry about it anymore, right?"

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Mara

I gasp softly at that arch. "You seem to be telling me two different things?" I swallow. "And I think forcing him is a really bad idea. The other one's nicer unless I end up as a permanent statue. Which I won't."

Turn on Amy: 2d6+1=8

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy

Here we are, in a dark secluded corner of an amazing rave. "Could be relaxing," I coo into Mara's ear, nibbling her lobe. "You do love being the center of attention," I tease, as my hands roam over her.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Mara

I moan softly, my eyes fluttering closed. "You're not thinking right here?" Fortunately there's almost no one else in the VIP area. But I pout at her. "And I don't have to be the centre of attention. I wasn't this afternoon. I just like there to be things going on, and the easiest way is to make them happen."

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy

"Little," I tell her. A lot, really, although I'm not going to let on. I squeeze and kiss. "You deserve to be," she says. "You're so gorgeous." That's a good opportunity to thump Mara against the wall.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Mara

I gasp softly, then moan into her mouth as I'm pinned against the wall. This ... is a really bad idea. I don't know what's got into me tonight, but at least the corner of the room is both dark and secluded. And I used to be so careful. "Do it" I tell her, groaning again. My eyes open in case she also wants me half-immobile again.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Mara and Amy, while the two of you are... occupied, Luke wolf whistles at the two of you from under the stairs nearby. Jake looks a little less sure about this, but he's backing his friend up. He's very studiously not looking at Amy, though.

What do you do?

Antony, with Conner safely(?) taken care of, you return your attentions to Johanna, who appears to be fed up trying to feed you hints and now is simply dragging you towards the loft. Of course, you end up walking in on Mara and Amy's makeout session while Luke starts wolf whistling at them. Johanna bites her lip, unwilling to get involved.

What do you do?

Orchid, while you're trying to flirt with Summer, one of the nearby dancers stumbles into you, knocking you to the ground. Hard
Take a harm

Leah, the art geek, ends up dazed and laying at Summer's feet, between you and Summer in fact. Unwilling to be trampled by the nearby dancers, she ends up clinging to Summer's leg, trying to pull herself up.

What do you do?

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

XP:0 Adv 2 Harm 1, Conditions: None Highlights: Hot and Cold

Wolf Whistling? That's just crass. I groan. "Could you put the fear of chisels into him please?" And then I groan again when I see Antony entering the VIP area, but a less frustrated one.

"Will Ashley be OK with Connor?" What do you know, Antony? We each know a lot the other doesn't want us to. And I think you'll back my play with the Christian Association even if only out of self interest. "And we need to compare notes. Tomorrow?"

neonchameleon fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jul 21, 2015

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Hot: 2 Cold: -1 Volatile: 1 Dark: -1 Integrity: 0
Harm 2/4 | XP 2/5 | Conditions: Drained

"Ahh!" I about scream when Orchid gets knocked over, already moving towards her to help her back up. I mean, I'm disappointed in her a little bit, but she's still my girlfriend and I can't believe someone would just thoughtlessly knock her over like that!

I'm so fixated on Orchid, it takes someone grabbing my legs for me to realize she wasn't the only person that got hurt. Leah got knocked to the ground too, and there's still people dancing around us like nothing even happened! People got hurt, this isn't a mosh pit, why are they being such jerks? "Leah!" I'm yelling loud enough for her to hear me over the music and general commotion. She needs help up, and then I can help Orchid. Widening my stance to make sure I don't get knocked over too, I bend over in order to offer her a hand up. "Here, lemme help Leah!"

Dividing my attention between her and looking to make sure Orchid's ok, she ends up grabbing my butt for way too long - totally just to pull herself up though, I hope - and I also hope it doesn't make Orchid too mad.

<Rauri> Inadvertently turn on Leah
<Rauri> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 9+2 = 11
Already got a string this scene, no mechanical effect.

I can't help her until Leah's not grabbing onto me, and Orchid's so tough anyways - I'll help her up in a second though! I mean it!

Rauri fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jul 21, 2015

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy
Hot: -1 Cold: 2 Volatile: -1 Dark: 1
Harm 0/4 | XP 4 | Conditions: Guilty, Heartbreaker, Scary!, Terrified

Luke. God drat Luke, that stupid boy. Here I had Mara in a nice private (mostly) spot for some quality I fume. I pull away from Mara, shooting her a look and then stalking across the VIP area. I can feel everything in my body, seething. My footsteps seem to come harder as the rage bubbles inside me. Why Luke? Why does that last Jenga block make the tower fall over?

Mara's behind me, Jake's off there to the side. I can see them, sort of, thanks to my latest freaky mutation. But it's Luke who's locked in my sighs, and I keep my eyes on him as I advance on him. I'm within arm's reach and throw my hood back. "You have something to say to me?"

Shut down Luke:
<Platonicsolid> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Platonicsolid, 4+2 = 6

Platonicsolid fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jul 21, 2015

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Amy, Luke doesn't meet your gaze. Instead, he's openly leering over your shoulder at Mara. He brushes past you without saying anything and instead puts his arm on the wall over Mara and leans over her, saying, "Why don't you ditch her and I'll introduce you to some people who can hook you up with the good stuff."

...He really just brushed you off. No. No, that's it. No one is going to ignore you anymore.

Enter your darkest self.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

OK. Now I'm pissed. And worried for Amy. And if Luke wants to come in like a jerk, I can treat him like one. Still, I'm aiming at social destruction rather than personal destruction. "If it isn't 'Left Hand' Luke." I grab his free (left) hand firmly with my right, placing my left on his chest as I move my foot slightly. "As you'd only get the good stuff from someone else with a roofie, not interested."

Shut Luke down: 2d6+2=10
And give him the condition "Left Hand Luke"

I then roll my weight forward onto my right foot, bringing my boot down onto his toes and digging my nails into that left hand of his as I force him out of my space. None of it sounds like much on its own, but nails hurt, that boot of mine hurts, and social scorn hurts. With any luck he'll try to hit me right now in the VIP box in front of an audience. Especially with my weight forward and head up, just asking to be hit; I won't even dodge.

Manipulate an NPC 2d6+2=9

Please. Take a swing at me. What will it take?

neonchameleon fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jul 21, 2015

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Hot: 2 Cold: 1 Volatile: -1 Dark: -1
Harm 0/4 | XP 0/5 | Conditions: Drained

"What is it with this school and violent lesbians?" I mutter. Sensing Joanna's discomfort, I pull her away from the commotion before it gets violent.

"Listen," I ask her, "Do you want to go someplace private? Like, actually private?"

Inside my head, the Queen shivers.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Mara he jerks away from you, hissing, but he's just glares at you for now. He mutters, "Fine, freak. Be like that."
If you him to take the first punch, you'll have to really hurt him. You could hide what you're doing by holding steady, and then lashing out.

AntonyJoanna looks saying, "Are you just going to stand there and let them get away with that?"
She's still a bit giggly from the uppers as she coos, "I'll make it worth your while."
That's when you get a icepick of terror driven through your brain. Something's wrong with Ashley and Connor!

What do you do?

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

I let him go. I'm more than happy to tempt people into setting themselves up. But I'm a snake in the garden, not a bully. Anyone will hit back if hit hard enough. And it's not as if there aren't other interesting things happening around me, and I think Amy needs help.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy

Brushed off, grazed past. It feels awful. My hair writhes, now unconstrained by my hood. I'm angry.

Overlooked.

Again.

My chest heaves and I seethe inside, spinning to move in behind Luke, even as he's still talking to Mara. I don't even need to punch him, viscerally satisfying as that might be. "You'd better stay away from her," I warn, a hissing in my voice. I'm ready to catch him as soon as he turns. "Your kind shouldn't get to put your hands on anybody."

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
I hate to be that guy but I'm probably going to have to drop. I'm constantly holding up the game and until I get my head sorted it'd be bad form to try and stay in.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Summer, while Orchid's on the ground, you see her get accidently kicked in the ribs by a nearby dancer. Unfortunately, the dancer disappears back into the crowd before you notice who it was. Orchid, on the other hand, flips out. She climbs to her hands and knees, looking furious. After she finishes standing up, she glares angrily at Leah and grabs her by the neck of her rather small shirt, and yells into her face, "Watch where you're going!" She then pushes Leah out of the way, sending her to the ground again. Then, she puts an arm around you and says, "Come on. We're leaving. This place is getting to crazy."

What do you do?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Harm 2/4 | XP 2/5 | Conditions: Drained

"Leah are you alright?" I ask her, alarmed at the tumble she just took. It should surprise me that Orchid would do something like that when she gets mad, but it doesn't.

Orchid's gonna keep acting crazy unless I calm her down, and it's not safe for other people if she's acting like this. I let her start to lead us outside, looking at Leah with absolute sympathy. Whispering to her (well talking, the music's so loud it's basically whispering) I can't help but voice my concerns. "Orchid, you're being mean... we can go outside for a bit, but I told some people I'd dance with them later."

Shutdown: 9
Rolled in IRC yesterday, forgot to record but people saw it.
Giving Orchid Mean, taking a condition in return.

The look she's giving me tells me that wasn't the right thing to say. Doesn't she know how I feel about her? Earnestly, I assure Orchid that "I'd rather dance with you more than anybody else, I came here for you. Please stop being so mad..."

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Amy's riled, and her hair makes her so much easier to read. Dismissing left-hand Luke, I step towards her. "Hey." I smile. "What's got you all snappy?" One of her snakes is even snapping at me. It's cute although I wonder if it will develop fangs later.

And I wonder what the hell caused that flinch in Antony. I'm fairly sure it wasn't Joanna. Or Amy.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

I feel Joanna's presence next to me, giddy with anticipation of violence, and I'm trying to work out a way of satisfying her without actually getting my face punched off when Ashley's fear fills my head. I wince.

I don't even have to think about it; as much as my dick might want me to stick with Joanna, the Collective comes first. The rear end you save might be your own.

I pretend to get a text and pantomime pulling out my phone and checking it. "Ashley's in trouble," I half-shout to Joanna to be heard over the noise. "Something's wrong with Connor." That's just an educated guess. "I've got to go help her." I turn to leave. Maybe she'll follow?

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy

I stab a finger into Luke's clavicle. "This little bigoted poo poo," I hiss, feeling the syllables come out just a bit off. "His eyes all over him. Out of the way, Mara. Go get a hammer."

Love you, Arb!
Traveling to GenCon today, so may do some posting from the road, but otherwise not really about until Sunday or Monday.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

"That's taking it a little far, Amy." I shake my head. "Let him go after he's tried staring you down. Or just run away. Left Hand may be a jerk but..." My attentions drawn by Antony. "drat!" I turn to him and reach out to place two fingers on his wrist to get his attention.

"Connor's dangerous." I look Antony straight in the eyes, which would do a better job of letting him see I wasn't kidding if I wasn't wearing these contacts. But at least he's near enough that my voice is carrying. "Much more than he looks. If Ashley's in trouble you'll need some help. I'm coming and if I can bring her, so's Amy."

I then grab Amy's hand. "Remember I told you about Connor earlier? I... think it's worse than I thought. He may be hurting someone right now. And if I'm going, I want you and your gaze and snakes right with me please?" Luke, with luck you get a reprieve.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Summer, she keeps dragging you out and just says, "You don't know those guys like I do. They're complete assholes, not worth your time." She mutters under her breath, "I don't know what I was thinking, bringing you here."
She gives you "Sweet Summer Child"

As she drags you out the door, you see Conner and Ashley duck around the corner towards the parking lot.

...Connor also has a knife hidden behind his back. What do you do?

Also, Amy, I'm pretty sure that while in Darkest Self, you're supposed to petrifying everyone who looks your way. It's their problem if they can't handle it.
So, at least shut down Luke and Mara right now.

Antony, you catch a glimpse of steel and an bleached white skull as the flash in front of your vision. Ashley pouts a bit and makes a show of moving over to one of the beanbags. As she leaves, she says, "Once you go bail out your nerd friend from whatever nerd problem she's got, come on back. I might still be here."

Luke proceeds to ignore Antony, Amy, and Mara, going straight for the beanbag next to Joanna, and immediately attempts to put the moves on her. She looks unimpressed, but she's not out and out rejecting him either.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Aug 5, 2015

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Harm 2/4 | XP 3/5 | Conditions: Drained, Sweet Summer Child

Orchid's words hurt, and I can't help but just stare at her open mouthed, unable to think of a way to put into words how weird she was acting compared to earlier. This isn't like her, she's better than this. She's not mean to me. I'm not trying to mess up her time here, I want to enjoy it with her!

As she drags me out, I feel ashamed despite having done nothing wrong. Unless you count the smoking, and I doubt that's what's upset her. But my own problems are pretty insignifigant compared to Ashley's. She's leaving with Connor, ducking out around the building with him - and he's holding a knife behind his back. Oh no, really?!

I can't let someone get hurt like that, I have to stop Connor! "Ashley, he's got a knife!" I yell, then sprint towards them as fast as I can. Luckily I'm in jeans and a pretty normal shirt, bra and everything - being overdressed and ready to run is paying off for me. Connor may've expected me to just say something, but if she gets stabbed and all I did was scream I'll never be able to live with myself.

I manage to shoulder check Connor just as he turns around, sending him back a few feet. I hope he's not hurt too badly!

<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 8+1 = 9
Dealing one harm, Connor takes a string on Summer, marking XP.

I can't tell if he's dropped the knife or not, but there's at least a few feet between us after that. "Connor, what are you doing?" I ask frantically. He's mean yeah, but stabbing people?! Who would do something like that?

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy

My head snaps over towards Mara. "Shut up," I snap at her. She's so...aggravating right now. Can't she get over her narcissism and see what's important?

<Platonicsolid> Shut down Mara:
<Platonicsolid> !roll 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Platonicsolid, 4+2 = 6
Mara's okay for now.

I look from Mara back to Luke, creasing my eyebrows hard at him. My hair slithers and hisses, and one snake on the right side lashes forward and snaps its fangs right in front of his eye. "Go home," I order him.
<Platonicsolid> Shut down Luke:
<Platonicsolid> !roll 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Platonicsolid, 5+2 = 7
I'm inclined to give Luke 'Petrified' here for narrative purposes, and get one in return.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

I look from Joanna to the door, from Joanna to the door, clenching my fists. But at the end of the day, I stick with the Collective. "I'll be right back," I mutter, and duck out of the loft.

Mentally pulling on Mandy to follow, I make a bee-line for Ashley, knowing right where she is, and discover the scene with Connor and Summer... and a knife. The Queen skitters and chitters in alarm and I hold up my hands. "What the gently caress, Connor? This is some serial killer bullshit." I edge around, trying to grab Ashley and pull her away.

Shut Connor down: 2d6+1 7 Giving him the condition Psycho, and he can giveAntony in return.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Summer, as you knock him to the ground, he looks up at you, confusion reigning in his expression. He looks up at you, and you see that he's crying, just short of sobbing, in fact.

And then his knife buries itself in your gut. Tears are streaming down his face as he whispers, "I'm sorry. Please, forgive me." He stumbles away from Antony, Summer, and Ashley, going towards the woods.

You hear Orchid scream in terror and run towards you, but they're all fading and going dark.

What do you do?

He spends a string to make you take two harm.
He gives Antony ignored

Amy Luke starts to stiffen visibly, and he starts panicking. He takes a swing at you, and his big meaty fist socks you in the jaw.
Take a harm.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Aug 7, 2015

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

"Amy, please?" I run one hand down her back. "If it's what I think I need my beautiful monster out of legend." I lower my voice and whisper in her ear "And if not we'll head to mine and you can keep me almost stone until dawn." Which if she takes me up on that offer is going to be a very pleasurable form of hell.

Turn on Amy invoking Scary! 2d6+2=7

But I'll let her work out what I've just said while I'm taking the stairs two at a time, and very glad the VIP area is near the exit. I can see Antony and follow him; as I told him I think he'll need help. I only hope Amy's following me. And then....

Summer, No! You don't know how dangerous he is! You of all people should stay away from him! And a knife! I'm not going to be in time, but I speed up. A knife is something I can deal with. I can deal with it better than anyone.

Despite sprinting I'm not in time to stop Connor stabbing Summer. But I do manage to hurl myself into the loser, grabbing his wrist tightly so he can't stab anyone else. Except me. Maybe I should have thought this one through a bit better. "Call an ambulance!" I know both Orchid and Antony are here, and hope Amy will be soon.

Shut Down the demon-worshipping Loser: 2d6+3=9

And I'll give him the condition Grappled.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Harm 4/4 | XP 3/5 | Conditions: Drained, Sweet Summer Child

Somehow, I hadn't thought this would happen.

It's a weird thing, to be aware that you're dying. I hear Orchid, distantly, regretting that she has to see this. I can't see anymore. It's weird, it's not even uncomfortable when I collapse, there's an awful lot of numbness going on. I hope Ashely's safe. I wish I'd gotten to spend more time with my parents tonight, or called them. I'm going to miss them a lot. I hope this doesn't hurt them too much, but I know it will.

No, that's not fair. I can't, I... One of my hands slips over the wound, though I'm barely conscious of it. There's the faintest of glows around the wound - serene and holy, in contrast to the prismatic carelessness of the rave - and it closes up completely. I'm alright somehow. Some might call it a miracle.

Harm 0/4 | XP 3/5 | Conditions: Drained, Sweet Summer Child, Darkest Self

But it's not fair... I don't deserve a miracle! I, I got stabbed at a party. It happens! There's so many more deserving people, but it went to me...

"I'm fine, it's not bad. Sorry to worry you..." I tell those near me, ashamed to have caused such a fuss. If I hadn't of gotten stoned, none of this would have gotten out of control. This is all my fault. For doing marijuana. "Orchid, I'll be ok..." I inform her specifically, since she's well past looking frantic. I'm... I'm so touched that she's so concerned for me. And I've let her down so much...

Sitting up from my prone position, I see that Mara's got Connor tackled. Oh no! What if she gets hurt because I failed to stop him already? Or somebody else?! Trying to out-shout the entire party, I have to stop anyone else from getting hurt. "CONNOR HAS A KNIFE!" Given that Mara's wrestling him, should be easy for those assembled to spot him when they hear me.

<Rauri> Shut down grappled connor
<Rauri> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 5 = 5

Rauri fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Aug 9, 2015

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy
Harm 1/4 | XP 4 | Conditions: Guilty, Heartbreaker, Scary!, Terrified, Darkest Self

"I'm not going to hide! Not like you!" I snarl at Mara. How can she not see it? Not see I'm right and righteous? The distraction, though, gives Luke a moment. He's a panicked animal, and an animal lashes out when it's cornered. I see the fist flying in on my right, a little slower than it might be otherwise, yet still too fast for me. It connects with a sickening smack. My snakes hiss and writhe angrily, while my head snaps around.

I'm on Luke in an instant. I leap over, arms around his neck, right up close. I only need to look at him, after all. I can feel my heart pounding. My snakes lash out again, nipping at him, leaving little bites, and I stare him right in the eyes. He's going to fall to me. I'm going to take him down and let him stand as an example to anybody who's cross me, to anybody who's insult me and the people I care about.

Mara's hand moves along me. I know it's hers, because who else would it be, although having her soft voice helps tip me off too. A tempting offer. One of my snakes twists around and looks towards her. "Five minutes," I hiss, to her, as I keep my two 'normal' eyes locked on Luke's.

Giving Mara a string.
Petrifying Luke - Shut Down Luke (Petrify): 2d6+2 11
He takes one harm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Harm 0/4 | XP 0/5 | Conditions: Drained, ignored

[OOC: Sorry for the lameness of this reply, real life is very hectic right now]

Holy gently caress! He just stabbed Summer! I feel Ashley's heartbeat speed up to overdrive as she watches blood flow. Guilt hits me like a hammer; I left her with this weirdo freak. We need to run, we need to get out, we need to...

I find myself running into the scrum when Mara tackles him, with Mandy behind me, and Ashley forming a loose circle, like some kind of mob audience. And then, for no reason i can explain, we start kicking. It's almost herd instinct. I stomp on Connor's knife hand and Ashley winds up a good kick between his balls, but after that it's pure chaos.

Violence +1 Gang +1 Grappled: 2d6+1 9 +1 harm for Gang, deal one harm to Antony for free

• Locked thread