Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
michelain
Mar 30, 2015
Emigration to an unknown country if over age 50. Is this a crazy idea? New to this and not sure how to post questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheesegod
Aug 15, 2001

Offensive Clock
How do you not know what country you're moving to?

michelain
Mar 30, 2015
My son is emigrating and wanting me to move with him. I am almost totally convinced but so much to consider

BadTitude
Feb 15, 2003

Not so curious after the war.

You could always try asking him where he's going

i dunno though i'm not a doctor

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I've only visited Thailand, but it seems like a lot of 50+ folks emigrate from England to Thailand and find true love. Be one of those creeps

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Definitely go. Make sure you bring a few extra pairs of underwear and perhaps some dental floss, you know, because you won't know if they have that where you're going.

Don't forget to eat a big breakfast the day you emigrate.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I advise against it. What if it turns out you're emigrating to Chad? The life expectancy is only 49, so you would die pretty much as soon as you got there. Sounds pretty risky to me.

If you decide to go make sure you have insurance that provides for repatriation of remains so you don't get buried in Chad.

Cocoa Ninja
Mar 3, 2007

Ashcans posted:

I advise against it. What if it turns out you're emigrating to Chad? The life expectancy is only 49, so you would die pretty much as soon as you got there. Sounds pretty risky to me.

If you decide to go make sure you have insurance that provides for repatriation of remains so you don't get buried in Chad.

Mods please change thread title to tell me about dying in Chad.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
LEAVE YOUR DOOR OPEN!!!!!!

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

I'd personally recommend against emigrating to Chad. Every frat douchebag I've ever known was named Chad. Your twilight years will be nothing but popped collars, 30 racks of keystone, and DUI lawyers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biker frog
Dec 8, 2004

Sorry I don't have a picture but the best way of putting my physical description would be to say Axel Rose just before Guns N Roses started doing too
At least in Chad once you're over the age of the rest of the country you could be considered a "Wise old Man."

• Locked thread