Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

One question, if you die do you have to start a new game to be able to get it or do you quit to menu instead of continue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
If you use any continues, you can not get Foxhound rank. So yeah, I don't think you have to start over, just quit when you lose.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Double-checked it and yeah, you can just quit and load saves instead of continuing when you die.

Need any other tips for it or is that all you needed to know?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The OP is going to corn a foxhound, European Extreme style.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Brave

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

good luck. ration your saves wisely as you have a limited number of them if you want FOXHOUND. it is hard.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That's all I wanted to know. When I'm not sick I'll probably stream it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

God willing my computer will actually let me anyway. OBS seems to work alright but the software that came with this either doesn't like this hardware or my windows install so I'll have to see.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

God willing my computer will actually let me anyway. OBS seems to work alright but the software that came with this either doesn't like this hardware or my windows install so I'll have to see.

you could add the emulator to steam and use steam to stream it, that way no bloat of OBS

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's from my PS3 to a HDMI Splitter to an Elgato HD60.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

oh drat. nice set up

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Wormskull posted:

sony vegas has an option to record from input source... it doesnt work on a hauppauge but might work on an elgato

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
softwar that comes with cap devices is always garbage

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
wait... obs also can record from a capture device... waht the gently caress?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

THE PENETRATOR posted:

it doesn't work with my hdpvr2. bs

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well the game capture software worked on my old compy but not this one. It locks up after 1:44 minutes for whatever reason.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Well the game capture software worked on my old compy but not this one. It locks up after 1:44 minutes for whatever reason.

1:44 minutes is 1027 half-seconds :staredog: #HuntTheTruth

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Evil Eagle posted:

good luck. ration your saves wisely as you have a limited number of them if you want FOXHOUND. it is hard.

I never found saves to be an issue because you're allowed 25 of them and I didn't even use that many saves when I didn't pay attention to ranks. I always had more of an issue with never being able to use any life medicines than anything else. Also, I didn't realize that cutscenes still counted towards your time so I forgot to skip some and wound up with just over five hours on my first run because of that.

Contra Calculus fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Apr 3, 2015

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Contra Calculus posted:

If you use any continues, you can not get Foxhound rank. So yeah, I don't think you have to start over, just quit when you lose.

then whats the point of even checking for continues

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

then whats the point of even checking for continues

Their somewhat exploitable.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

ive been playing this on 3ds and the third person shooting view breaks the game so much i could kill the fear in less than a minute since i could just run around aiming at him

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Good luck, OP.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I believe in you

Foxhound posted:

Good luck, OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

THE PENETRATOR posted:

obs didnt use to work with the hd60 but it does now. i use it as well because i dont know of anything better other than xsplit

• Locked thread