Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Bo Ryan openly blaming the refs.

GOOD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
just about everybody agreed the officiating was trash so I don't know why this is a big deal

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost
I wonder who Sulaimon was pulling for tonight.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Emanuel Collective posted:

just about everybody agreed the officiating was trash so I don't know why this is a big deal

Because some posters truly believe that bad officiating has no impact on games.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
I mean it looks like sour grapes if a coach blames the refs after the loss, but what better time to put the NCAA on notice that their officials are the worst

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

bad look, bo

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Duke could just as easily won with that call reversed but gently caress refs for being lovely at their jobs and making this even a possibility. Good for calling them out.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Popete posted:

Duke could just as easily won with that call reversed but gently caress refs for being lovely at their jobs and making this even a possibility. Good for calling them out.

It was pretty major. It could have been a six point swing.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I personally loved the offensive foul call on Wisconsin that was questionable, only to completely ignore the high speed charge by Duke like two plays later.

Inconsistent calls loving suck too.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
http://www.cc.com/shows/the-nightly-show/dares

larry wilmore would have had to do his show in a suit of armor if Wisconsin had won.

gently caress you refs.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Gotta love Jay Bilas for calling out the Wisconsin players for not making jokes and acting happy after losing the most important game of their lives.

Also getting pissy about someone calling Duke "rent a players"

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

when i wake up tomorrow bo ryan will still not have won a national championship

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

a man who has reduced basketball to a game so boring that he literally wrote a book titled "passing and catching: the lost art"

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Bo Ryan openly blaming the refs.

Bo has plenty of experience with bad officiating from playing at the Kohl center.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Yung Jacques posted:

gently caress Duke but gently caress Wisconsin and their lovely loving disease of a basketball system even more.

It's because the shot clock should be 24. That's the only reason this system exists.

marmot25
May 16, 2004

Yam Slacker

straight up brolic posted:

when i wake up tomorrow bo ryan will still not have won a national championship

platteville

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

marmot25 posted:

platteville
division three isn't real

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

it is upsetting, on the other hand, to realize that this guy

has more bitches than you, is more successful than you were at his age, and just won a national championship

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

has more bitches than you, is more successful than you were at his age, and just given a national championship

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

has more bitches than you, is more successful than you were at his age, and just won a national championship

Should have posted the picture on the ESPN home page right now where he looks like a young Ted Cruz.

That gets the blood boiling.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

And I look forward to seeing him in an enterprise commercial a few years from now.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Boon posted:

Should have posted the picture on the ESPN home page right now where he looks like a young Ted Cruz.

That gets the blood boiling.
that isn't grayson allen, that's some random 5th year med student walk on that just won a national championship lol

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Philthy posted:

It's because the shot clock should be 24. That's the only reason this system exists.

Are the old farts that are in charge of the rule committee keeping the lovely 35 second shot clock in play?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
It makes sense to reset the offense 6 times per possession

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Just stopping for a quick gently caress Duke before calling it a night.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

AfterFather posted:

Are the old farts that are in charge of the rule committee keeping the lovely 35 second shot clock in play?

No one really knows. I think I listened to 10 dudes talk about it over the past week and no one knew how or why it is what it is.

Womens is 30 seconds. The rest of the world is 24. Maybe Bo Ryan really is a Sith Lord.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Philthy posted:

If Wisconsin won with a score of 45-42 then maybe there would be a change.

UNC won in '82 with the 4 corners 'offense', shot clock was introduced to the college game (with a 45 second clock that's lazy)
NC State won in '83 with the "hack a Kareem" tactic, this brought in the double bonus after 10 fouls.

Those are the big changes I remember

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
A Wisconsin-UVA title game would have ended 23-19 and half the viewing audience would have slit their wrists before halftime.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Crotch Bat posted:

A Wisconsin-UVA title game would have ended 23-19 and half the viewing audience would have slit their wrists before halftime.

Still wouldn't have been as bad as UConn-Butler.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Probably Magic posted:

Would actually rather watch the female version of this matchup.

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
Ah well. :smith:

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

TubeStank posted:

no

edit misread but xavier would have been

One super goon does not a goon team make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

May we never again have a matchup where a team stands on the shore and can't piss into the ocean. In the national championship or even an exhibition.

• Locked thread