Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

well i'm convinced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRpHwtckYZw

All the filing and scratching and clicking and then *boom* a piece of poo poo emerges!

mlyp lol!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
cool i get to change the batteries in something that moves within the same square foot over its entire lifetime

wireless mice and keyboards are stupid as hell

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

cool i get to change the batteries in something that moves within the same square foot over its entire lifetime

wireless mice and keyboards are stupid as hell

my wireless keyboard is solar and owns

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
wireless M+kb makes sense for an entertainment center

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I have basic as gently caress Microsoft wireless mouse and IT SUITS AND EXCEEDS MY NEEDS

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wired would be pain in rear end as pc is meters away and I use dinner table for pc and clearing it for dinner is easy coz no wires

that said I tolerate wired keyboard

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you

Beeftweeter posted:

that looks like an updated mx1000. just use the mx1000

(except for that retarded looking thumb wheel that is)
lol the mx1000 was discontinued like six years ago

i mean mines still going but its less than perfect these days

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

akadajet posted:

All the filing and scratching and clicking and then *boom* a piece of poo poo emerges!

mlyp lol!

it's by logitech, so it ought to be good

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

it's seriously great you should buy one unless you're a filthy poor.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

it's by logitech, so it ought to be good

ya I used to have logitech mouse when i used windows and played tf2. they lasted a good amount of time and weren't that bad. i use a magic mouse now because i like the scrolling in osx, replacing the batteries all the time sucks tho.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Captain Cool posted:

lol the mx1000 was discontinued like six years ago

i mean mines still going but its less than perfect these days

yeah the middle button on mine stopped working and the serial number on the bottom rubbed off so i cant get a replacement :smith:

i took it apart to see if there was maybe something that got inside and was blocking the button but it seemed fine to me

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

:3:

Soldier of Fortran
May 2, 2009

Linux Pirate posted:

trackball 4 lyfe

yep

now that the ms trackball is gone (rip):

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Visual GNUdio posted:

The new MX Master is pro as poo poo. No zillion button gamer mouse bullshit, just a nice well built mouse with features I'll actually use and no LEDs or other dumb crap.

oh cool they brought back the auto clutch. I will need to try the thumb wheel to see if its good enough to replace my mx revolutions.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
oh god look at the back and forward buttons. jesus christ Logitech what the gently caress

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Visual GNUdio posted:

The new MX Master is pro as poo poo. No zillion button gamer mouse bullshit, just a nice well built mouse with features I'll actually use and no LEDs or other dumb crap.

the low-0poly look is coll

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hundrted bucks tho

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

echinopsis posted:

hundrted bucks tho

yuou spent like 300 on keyboards and keyboard accesories recently.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
no i didnt

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i spent $170 nzd which is like $12 usd. and part of me now knows about the regret that comes from spending hundred plus dollars on peripherals

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Soldier of Fortran posted:

yep

now that the ms trackball is gone (rip):

I can feel the carpal tunnel from here

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

Shaggar posted:

oh cool they brought back the auto clutch. I will need to try the thumb wheel to see if its good enough to replace my mx revolutions.

That specific thing (SmartShift) is why I bought this thing. It's the new MX Rev with updated everything.

...Outside of the hilariously bad forward/back buttons. They are every bit as badly placed IRL as they look in photos. Maybe worse. I can't believe anyone thought that was a good design.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Visual GNUdio posted:

That specific thing (SmartShift) is why I bought this thing. It's the new MX Rev with updated everything.

...Outside of the hilariously bad forward/back buttons. They are every bit as badly placed IRL as they look in photos. Maybe worse. I can't believe anyone thought that was a good design.
did you not see the guy hastily sketch then carve the outline of a mouse out of wood? it's perfectly, hand crafted

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Visual GNUdio posted:

the terrible back/forward button placement is called innovation.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

well i'm convinced

lmao at the dude "prototyping" by shaving down a wooden block

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
get p3eople to close they eyes, and wave they hands around
roto scope it, and derive the optimal mouse design from that

turns out grasping for a throbbing cock is natures mouse

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

Shaggar posted:

I always thought the MX Rev thumbwheel was weirdly positioned and I didn't like the clicky detent on it and as a result I never used it. The new wheel works a lot better for me and I now actually use the thing. The Fwd/Back buttons are still a disaster but the rest of the mouse is boss.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Visual GNUdio posted:

I always thought the MX Rev thumbwheel was weirdly positioned and I didn't like the clicky detent on it and as a result I never used it. The new wheel works a lot better for me and I now actually use the thing. The Fwd/Back buttons are still a disaster but the rest of the mouse is boss.

I use the revolutions side wheel in video games and the 3 actions + position make it nice to use. I don't use it outside video games tho.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

wow screen far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

I can feel the carpal tunnel from here

my parents use and love the wired ones for some reason. i find them unusable

• Locked thread