Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Boy howdy I am glad I did not buy into this insane bullshit that I have not seen since beanie babies. Grown men losing their poo poo over plastic statues of videogame characters who are well over 20 years sold.

It has provided many hours of comedy of people ruining their lives and their families just in the pursuit of statues that they don't even own the games of in most cases. I cannot wait for the string of divorces and a sad man has to make the heartbreaking decision of having to part with his Ness Amiibo in order to keep his Shulk one.

These things are going to be going for a dollar next year at Gamestop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyphen-B
Nov 28, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
tbh the fact that they have some sort of utility with a massively popular game that probably isn't gonna die out soon, means they're gonna stick around longer than beanie babies prob

which sucks because they're dumb and for gay babies

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

didn't some guy buy the world's supply of an amiibo because he didn't like the video game character

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
If you plug the Taint Reaper amiibo into your rear end in a top hat it transmits your poo poo directly into the Wii U thread

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Lovely Senorita posted:

didn't some guy buy the world's supply of an amiibo because he didn't like the video game character

not really but that didn't stop lovely journos from writing clickbait with it

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
unless 12 of each character is the "world supply"

which is a good joke in of itself due to how rare this bullshit became

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Adam Bowen posted:

If you plug the Taint Reaper amiibo into your rear end in a top hat it transmits your poo poo directly into the Wii U thread

ill buy 20

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
amiibos are hilarious OP because of how angry nerds get over them

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
someone made their amiga in smash heal itself and go invincible at 100% and a room full of adults took turns trying to beat it for 2 hours at a party

"this is my story" ~ tidus, 2001

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Liquid Penguins posted:

someone made their amiga in smash heal itself and go invincible at 100% and a room full of adults took turns trying to beat it for 2 hours at a party

"this is my story" ~ tidus, 2001
it sounds like they had a fun time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Eonwe posted:

amiibos are hilarious OP because of how angry nerds get over them

it's like crack cocaine for shut ins.

gonna watch and see some tubbos attempt to steal iphones to feed their amiibo fix.

• Locked thread